• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Newcastle vs Arsenal | Sunday, 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

What is you predicted result?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everybody putting Laca and Ceballos in their team’s maybe disappointed, both carrying a knock. Likely to be subs even if passed as fit.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Leno, AMN, Sokratis, Luiz, Monreal; Xhaka, Guendouzi, Özil; Nelson, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang.

Subs - Martinez, Chambers, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Torreira, Lacazette, Pepe.

Tried to fit Willock on the bench but couldn’t. Players like Torreira and Pepe are going to need to come on in the first couple of games to build match fitness.

nick gould

Leno, AMN, Sokratis, Luiz, Monreal; Xhaka, willock, Özil; Pepe, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang.

Subs - Guendouzi, Chambers, Kolasinac, Ceballos, Torreira, Lacazette, Nelson.

Tried to fit Willock on the bench but couldn’t. Players like Torreira and Pepe are going to need to come on in the first couple of games to build match fitness.

I have fixed it for you. Willock will start. He complements Xhaka really well. Based on last season where Guendouzi performed exceptionally well during pre-season and was rewarded with a start in our first game. I think it's Joe Willock who performed above expectations in this pre-season who is likely to get rewarded with a start.

Nelson has shown glimpses of promise but I don't think he has done enough to get a start. It's not ideal to start Pepe, but with Lacazette coming back from a knock I think he will start.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I have fixed it for you. Willock will start. He complements Xhaka really well. Based on last season where Guendouzi performed exceptionally well during pre-season and was rewarded with a start in our first game. I think it's Joe Willock who performed above expectations in this pre-season who is likely to get rewarded with a start.

Nelson has shown glimpses of promise but I don't think he has done enough to get a start. It's not ideal to start Pepe, but with Lacazette coming back from a knock I think he will start.

Thanks, but it didn’t need fixing.

HBL

Established Member
Think 433 is likely.

Özil/Mkhi - Aubameyang - Pepe
Xhaka - Torreira - Willock
Monreal - Luiz - Sokratis - AMN
Leno
Do I think Pepe will start? Not really, just hoping he does.

Zazu

What’s Joelinton like? Heard he’s supposed to be rated.

Was at the Newcastle Hibs friendly and he looked pretty good. Was turning the Hibs defenders completely inside out with his pace strength and movement, but that was to be expected against that level of opposition, hopefully won't have such an easy time against papa.

One weakness I noticed was that his first touch was quite inconsistent, he badly miscontrolled the ball a couple of times under minimal pressure so hopefully the agression of papa and luiz will be able to capitalise on that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not confident of winning any game until the fullbacks are fit tbh.

I’m expecting a draw.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well that sucks. But maybe we've turned a corner. After years of injury setbacks, maybe it's time to get some injury [insert antonym of setback]s
Antonym? You don’t see that everyday on here. Never ceases to amaze me, the vocab of our non British posters. And I’m not just talking about the c and f words that @yousif_arsenal loves to sprinkle around. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom