• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Portsmouth vs Arsenal | 04/05/04

orion

This is definitelly the hardest of the remaining games. Pompey are on a great run, are now playing without any pressure and will give it all they've got to beat us. Still, even with the rested players we should have enough to do the business if all the players will play to their best abillity.

Would have liked Clichy to be in the squad as he has showed that he can also play as a winger. Kanu's been out for a long time, I'n not sure if he's even played any reserve games and is likely to make just an late substitution appearance, but I would have liked to see how he and Reyes would have gelled as I think Kanu could have read Jose's runs and delivered a few killer passes, but we are not likely to find that out are we.

I'd be perfectly happy with a draw from this game,, but we can't go to the pitch thinking that, but must play to win and make sure we don't turn it off before the final whistle and then see where it stands.

Good luck Gunners!!!!

job

Bentley and ali will feature which i think will be a very good thing..
Ali like ppl have said has only had chances in really big games where there has been a lot of pressure on him. Altho im not convinced he will be starting.. Wenger will probably want to give Reyes + Henry another go.
Remember last time they played together v Portsmouth :eek:

Lehmann

Lauren,Toure,Campbell,clichy

Bently Parlour Vieira Ljunberg

Reyes Henry

Freddie will probably be replaced at some stage by Ali and Reyes moved out onto the left. Would expect Kanu and keown to be the other 2 subs used

Mark

Established Member
I'd like Aliadiere to fit in somehow. He and Bentley formed a really good partnership in the reserves so it would be interesting to see them out there together. It would mean Reyes not playing or being dropped into midfield though. I don't see that happening though, I suspect Freddie will start this one on the left.

flotz

ARSENAL: Jens Lehmann, Lauren, Kolo Toure, Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Freddie Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira, Ray Parlour, David Bentley, Jose Antonio Reyes, Thierry Henry. SUBS: Martin Keown, Gael Clichy, Rami Shaaban, Kanu, Jeremie Aliadiere.

job

im glad we have the normal back 4 out...
Midfield and strikeforce was expected

job

From the team list it looks like left.. so im confused.
England would be pretty happyt if he could play on the left

Mark

Established Member
I'm glad Bentley is starting. Ali to hopefully make an appearance later. Keown too.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Team Arsenal:
----------------------Lehmann---------------

----Lauren------Toure------Campbell---Cole

----Bently---Parlour--------Vieira---Ljungberg

--------------------Henry---Reyes------------------

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom