• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 01/05/06

seb_afc

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
seb_afc said:
well im going, but i can understand why many are not. I got my ticket thinking it was the last away game of the season...well i was wrong.

Are last away games of the season usually popular? Never knew.

not sure but for me personally i always like to go to the last away game of the year because its the last one untill august. although hopefully i will be in germany this summer to support the three lions.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Everyone has totally forgotten about this game :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who are their danger players? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, i shouldn't laugh coz we always lose away in the north.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
With our far from convincing away form this year i'm not even confident of getting a result here neither.

The players will need to focus on the remaining league games but it's only natural that their minds are going to be drifting off that final, they are only human after all. Plus teams will want our scalp now were in the final. Players would love a result against the European finalists.

But Sunderland have been truelly woeful this year

Smartly Dressed Morris

Good to see Ashley cole will be playing his first game for us (just been on sky sports news) - we can get even better if he can get back to his best :wink:

kamikaze80

Established Member
its not so much of an exaggeration to say we can potentially have the worlds best left and right backs.

Shell

This is Van Persie's big chance & I really hope he has a brilliant performance & forces Wenger to select him for the remaining league games.
I really dont want to see 4-5-1 on May 17th, but if Van Persie remains in his current form, he leaves Wenger no option.
Van Persie to score 2 & an assist would be nice.

Oh yeah Arsenal 6 Sunderland 0.

Legend#1

Established Member
Arsenal will welcome back Ashley Cole to the squad for Monday’s Barclays Premiership trip to relegated Sunderland, but manager Arsène Wenger has several other selection concerns.

Cole, fit again following an ankle problem, played 90 minutes for the reserves on Thursday evening, but Alexander Hleb (knee), Gilberto (ankle), Mathieu Flamini (hamstring), Theo Walcott (knee) and Jose Antonio Reyes, who has had his wisdom teeth extracted, are all unlikely to feature.

Centre-back Philippe Senderos (knee) is out for another couple of weeks, so Sol Campbell should start again while Gael Clichy impressed when coming on in the Champions League semi-final second leg against Villarreal on Tuesday. Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor returns after being cup-tied.

Provisional squad: Lehmann, Djourou, Eboue, Campbell, Toure, Clichy, Cole, Pires, Diaby, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Van Persie, Henry, Bergkamp, Adebayor, Song, Larsson, Almunia.

Ricky_AFC

With that squad available i'll go for:

Lehmann
Eboue Sol Djourou Clichy
Ljungberg Diaby Larsson Pires
Henry VanP

With Henry coming off when/if the game is wrapped up, and Cole getting a run out for half hour. Toure and Fabregas could do with a rest and i rate Larsson over Song.

jester

Established Member
lehmann
eboue-kolo-sol-clichy
ljungberg-fabregas-diaby-pires
henry-v.persie

thin squad, when we could have rested players here.
only place we have depth is up front where any of the 4 could play

Mckenna

If they're making such a big deal of the fact that Cole is back, I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Clichy playing in tandem down the left wing, that way either of them can cover the other, especially if Cole isn't fully sharp.

I expect Diaby to start, but whether Fab will play alongside or someone else is anybody's guess. RvP must start up front, he has to get his chance to impress before the CL final.

marco

Surely we have learnt our lesson with RVP>

the guy is useless from the start of a game.
for all the cheating **** last week etc,

everyone has forgotten he missed a sitter at nil nil.
he also missed a very good chance v man utd.

Yeah he is a great supersub but until he does soemthing consistently for us he doesnt deserve to start.
as for adebayor dont get me started- the misses at pompey were scandulous.

sunderland are physical,. ball was a dirty player and he will have strict instructions to kick **** out of us, like sunderland always do.
remember gavin mcann 1998-1999 season doing petit i think it was.

A

Anonymous

good good , ill be getting the beers in for this one. :D
a good old hammering from the gooners

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom