• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Sunderland vs Arsenal | 01/05/06

kamikaze80

Established Member
TalentScout said:
throwen into the fire against sunderland ?
heh well obviously they dont scare anyone but im not sure you want his first match to be under so much pressure; if we dont win, we concede 4th place. thats what i meant by fire. its an away match as well, i think id want him to debut at home, as a sub, in a match thats already been won.

rich300

Maxx said:
i don't think bolton can beat Sp**s. It's all over in the league.

Well even if Bolton only nick a draw, that will put Sp**s 5 points clear, but we will have TWO games in hand, so it will be in our hands again.

By the way, Arsenal.com is saying that this match is now Sold Out.

Lukazan

Established Member
I know we've been absolutely shocking away from home this season but surely this is an easy 3 points? :D Surely.

adjie

kamikaze80 said:
in the villarreal thread, someone proposed sitting henry, cesc, gilberto and toure. this will give them 10 days rest before man city and wigan and 10 days after that for the final in paris.

what do you think?

very much agree on this matter.
as long as we're not conceed any goal, i'll be happy.

wingontravel

well, if Tottenham beat bolton, id field this team.

-----------------------Lehmann

Gilbert-------Djourou---------Campbell-------Clichy

Bergkamp----Diaby------------Song-----------Pires

--------------VanPersie--------Reyes

If bolton beat tottenham or draw them, id play

---------------------Lehmann

Eboue--------Toure--------Campbell------Clichy

Hleb--------Fabregas-------Gilberto-------Pires

-------------Adebayor-------Henry

Subs: Almunia, Djourou, Diaby, Reyes, VanPersie

ck

-----------------Lehmann-----------
--Eboue--Djourou--Campbell--Clichy
--Hleb---Diaby------Fabregas------Walcott
-----------Adebayor----RvP---------
This should do it.

jester

Established Member
bergkamp and v.persie upfront both trying to convince wenger to play them.
walcott will get a game now i feel, after being left out of the squad yesterday.

what pisses me off is we play monday thursday and saturday instead of saturday wednesday sunday. damn f.a

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
adjie said:
kamikaze80 said:
in the villarreal thread, someone proposed sitting henry, cesc, gilberto and toure. this will give them 10 days rest before man city and wigan and 10 days after that for the final in paris.

what do you think?

very much agree on this matter.
as long as we're not conceed any goal, i'll be happy.
Why not, if the spuds beat Bolton lets rest all of our key players for the final in Paris, I have always said I would rather win the CL than 4th. If the spuds win 4th so friggin what, we need to rest key players full stop.

wengerboy

Established Member
how come a lot of people(not this forum) put theo on the left wing ??? thought he was a right wing plus wenger sees him as a forward.

Meek

if Sp**s beat bolton, 4th is theres and we should rest our players. but not for all the matches of course, because we dont want to drop lower than 5th. however, a draw or win for bolton and then we play our best lineup for the last 3 games. we got 10 whole days after the wigan match for our players to rest before the big one on the 17th of May.

Ricky_AFC

Should be an easy win. Even with our away form.

Lehmann
Gilbert Sol Djorou Clichy
Pires Diaby Gilberto Reyes
RvP Walcott

I really didn't like Song and Diaby in the middle together so Gilberto and fabregas can take turns to rest. And would love to see the Theo debut.

the dawn raids

Established Member
wingontravel said:
well, if Tottenham beat bolton, id field this team.

-----------------------Lehmann

Gilbert-------Djourou---------Campbell-------Clichy

Bergkamp----Diaby------------Song-----------Pires

--------------VanPersie--------Reyes

that works, expect adebayor up front and reyes on the wing; if he cant play well against sunderland away from home then he never will.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i didnt know we'd know the Sp**s/bolton result before the match. that changes things a little bit.

still, we need to win to keep the pressure on Sp**s. west ham will be a difficult away match for them even the hammers resting key players, and a lot of the Sp**s team havent been in a situation like this before. anything but a win at sunderland would be unthinkable.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
kamikaze80 said:
i didnt know we'd know the Sp**s/bolton result before the match. that changes things a little bit.

still, we need to win to keep the pressure on Sp**s. west ham will be a difficult away match for them even the hammers resting key players, and a lot of the Sp**s team havent been in a situation like this before. anything but a win at sunderland would be unthinkable.
If the spuds beat Bolton they will pi$$ all over the Hammers. It should be 3 points for us by beating Sunderland however, they did hold the manure.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
There's a reserve game tommorow which I expect Cole to play in if he comes through unscathed I think he could be involved on Monday

Ricky_AFC said:
Should be an easy win. Even with our away form.

Lehmann
Gilbert Sol Djorou Clichy
Pires Diaby Gilberto Reyes
RvP Walcott

I really didn't like Song and Diaby in the middle together so Gilberto and fabregas can take turns to rest. And would love to see the Theo debut.

Well surely Gilberto should be rested, as Fabregas had a rest against Sp**s!? :?

seb_afc

Established Member
Wheelori said:
I've been thinking about this one actually.

Bournemouth to Sunderland, driven in about 6-7 hours? would be a good day.

thats without traffic i reckon mate. it normally takes around 6-7 hours from london.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom