• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea vs. Arsenal | Sunday 9th November | 16:00 | SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Re: PL: Swansea vs. Arsenal | Sunday 9th November | 16:00 |

So many errors in the selection, organisation, lack of making any changes during the game when clearly we needed to, basically just a total shambles, again! What on earth is Wenger thinking? I just dont understand what's going on in his head any more!

Many of the pundits rightly saying there seems to be no direction from the side line, they are correct, why? Wenger must have seen what was happening to Chambers, he must have seen players bombing forward when we needed to defend.

Well, I've waited 3 days to say that. Why do I feel I'll be saying the same thing again many times this season!

a_fourteen

Established Member

This site collapses faster than an arsenal back four on a wet day in Wales.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

a_fourteen said:
Been sitting on that one for a while now?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

bingobob said:
a_fourteen said:

He's been trying to post it for months but it keeps going down.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

O.M.G!

I have been able to log in. What a wankstain this forum.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really poor performance, all the problems we've had this season came together for one huge horror show on Sunday.

Starting to worry the problems are bigger than just bringing in a DM and CB. We're starting to look listless everywhere. We've somehow regressed badly from last year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Really poor performance, all the problems we've had this season came together for one huge horror show on Sunday.

Starting to worry the problems are bigger than just bringing in a DM and CB. We're starting to look listless everywhere. We've somehow regressed badly from last year.

a_fourteen

Established Member

bingobob said:
a_fourteen said:
I got another one...
wonder whether the mods will buy more bandwidth before wenger buys more defenders?

GDeep™

League is very weak

Yaaaaay, the forum is back.

The Swansea goals told the Wenger story really. 8 men behind the ball in a Swansea attack, in the last 15 minutes of a game we're barely leading.

Then our LB who's playing at CB because Wenger refused to sign a CB, gets beaten in the air.

All on Wenger, no excuses. Total neglect of the non pretty side of the game, in terns of set up and transfers.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

How predictable was that then? :lol: Once we went a goal up, there was only one team in it, and they won. They absolutely shat themselves again. Bounced back? Oh we bounced back alright. That was the real Arsenal.

Pers leadership qualities and ability to get the message through was at it's most evident. 1-0 up and we've got Gibbs making last ditch tackles at CB to concede the free kick, because we were caught on the break yet again. Nobody at Arsenal can fix anything. It's terminal.

a_fourteen

Established Member

Well, I have mixed feelings about the Swansea game. I think it rankles more because it came on the heels of Anderlecht but on it's own I wouldnt say it was our worst performance this season. Here's why:
- we worked hard to get that first goal which was a beauty. I think it was the best team goal since the Cesc/Nasri/Arshavin collaboration against Barca
- the leveler from Sigudson was brilliant. You can argue we shouldnt be fouling them in that part of the pitch but lets be honest the vast majority of free kicks float over the bar
- the winner was the won that hurts because they exposed our lack of depth - montiero broke chambers and then there was no way monreal was holding off gomis

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

a_fourteen said:
Well, I have mixed feelings about the Swansea game. I think it rankles more because it came on the heels of Anderlecht but on it's own I wouldnt say it was our worst performance this season. Here's why:
- we worked hard to get that first goal which was a beauty. I think it was the best team goal since the Cesc/Nasri/Arshavin collaboration against Barca
- the leveler from Sigudson was brilliant. You can argue we shouldnt be fouling them in that part of the pitch but lets be honest the vast majority of free kicks float over the bar
- the winner was the won that hurts because they exposed our lack of depth - montiero broke chambers and then there was no way monreal was holding off gomis

Mate we were s**t.

Yes the goal was well taken but we did absolutely nothing else in the game. After they went ahead we never looked like scoring, even with 4 strikers on the field.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Once again a game where we should have won turns into a loss. However, some of the solutions and blame suggested on this forum are wrong in my opinion.

Chambers should have been subbed off? Why? Montero had the beating of him. It is not the first time a winger has had the beating of a defender, however, it is what you do to counter it. He could have taken Chambers off and brought on Bellerin who could have proceeded to also get beaten. It wouldn't have solved anything.

Wenger had two options, stop the ball getting to Montero, or get the Ox to double up on him. He did neither. Arsenal let their full backs get exposed to 2 v 1 situations let alone 1 v 1 situations. The Ox keeps getting praise for his offensive play, but defensively he was shocking. He was awful against Anderlecht and vs Swansea he was passive. He merely jogged back and watched Chambers get beaten each time. So it was no surprise the winner came from that side.

What I can't understand is how the equalizer happened yet again. Forget about the execution of the freekick, its the way the freekick came about. The same thing has happened for so many years. Most recently vs Dortmund and Anderlecht. I have to single out Ramsey again this game. He went ahead of the ball when he didn't need to leading to them with a clear run at our defence for the equalizer and his attempt at a tackle for the winner was pathetic.

You can blame the defence till you are blue in the face, but if their is no midfield in front of them because they decide to bomb forward at every opportunity, if the wingers decide they don't need to defend and help their full back, if the midfielders continuously lose possession and fail to win it back, if the manager fails to make changes for the better of the team, then we will continue to conceded goals.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

The_Playmaker said:
Chambers should have been subbed off? Why? Montero had the beating of him. It is not the first time a winger has had the beating of a defender, however, it is what you do to counter it. He could have taken Chambers off and brought on Bellerin who could have proceeded to also get beaten. It wouldn't have solved anything.

So just leave it then, just in case your super quick RB sub can't stop him either? Chambers was being murdered for pace--nothing more. Bellerin is lightening. Football can be a simple game for some, sometimes.

a_fourteen

Established Member

subbing Chambers for Bellerin would mean losing height to defend set pieces (ironically the cause of their second goal) so it's six of one half a dozen of the other.
To me the real question is why does a club like Arsenal not have a squad of four center backs?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Worst thing about this ****ing result is the response by our players and manager. They treat this ****ing club like it's Sp**s.

We've got the worst match day manager in the league.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Bellerin is much quicker than Chambers, although Chambers is no slouch. I'd have gone for Bellerin as he'd have matched Montero for pace easily.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should of taken an attacking player off for Bellerin, we did it last year with Monreal/Gibbs on the left side.

Heard people say this week that the first goal doesn't matter as it was a wonder free-kick but with a proper midfield in place in doesn't get to that area.

Welbeck was lucky the Sky cameras cut away from him laughing with a Swansea player at the end.

blaze_of_glory

Been saying Chambers should be CB with Bellerin at RB for a few weeks now. Poor kid got demolished on the weekend, and it could have been avoided pretty easily. He probably could have helped prevent the second goal from happening as well if he were in at CB. He might have jumped for it.

eye4goal

Established Member

We have a massive gap between the defenders(plus Flamini) and the rest of the team. You either play a deep or a high line but we seem to combine the two. Swansea had 4 attackers against 5 defenders for the second goal and all it took was a long ball from their CB to Gomis(Leicester's equaliser was similar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom