• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Tottenham vs Arsenal | 30th April 16:30 (GMT)

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
A couple of passive-aggressive statements regarding the combined 11, but a lack of any actual claims of any Arsenal players beyond Alexis who would actually get picked in that team at present (assuming that everyone is fit). What are they insinuating? Giroud at CF?!!!!

Clearly Alexis has to be in there (and Son can feel a little unlucky to sit on the bench). After that it's really just a debate about who you have at CB and whether Koscielny in form and fully fit gets in. If it's a back 4 I think you go with Alderweireld & Vertonghen for the right-foot left-foot symmetry.

No way do you consider leaving out Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Rose, Alderweireld, Walker, Lloris.

Between Wanyama and Dier for that last CM place.

A few of the Arsenal players could kick on next season and take places but for now that's how it is and the table reflects that.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's important to remember the pressure is all on Sp**s.

-They need to win to keep the pressure up on Chelski.
-They need to prove there is indeed a 'powershift' on the horizon.
-Apparently, only ONE of our players get into their first XI.
-It's the last ever NLD at White Hart Lane.
-They have the chance to finish above us for the first time in 20 odd years.

Realistically for us we just need to cut the gap on the top four. Even if we lose the last ever White Hart Lane NLD, they're the team who're 'supposed' to win. We're sheight, remember?

The lads just need to do their jobs and do them well. We'll win. As much as Sp**s are 'progressing' this is a monumental fixture, they're a young side and the pressure is all on them.

We can do this. Spuds= forever in our shadow.

We don't need to win. A draw will do, which is why we can afford to sit deep and frustrate

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Woke up from a night of moderately strong drinking with no hang over. Still deciding if it's a good sign or not

trying to keep my excitement down, last time I went into a nld pumped we lost.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
We can still get top four if we draw, but beat United and Liverpool draw one game. We can't get top four if we don't beat United so if I had a choice with one of the results being a draw. Sp**s is the draw.

I think that's possible, but given the gap, I still see this as a game that is approached as a must win game for top 4. The United game is more of a must win as you say and if there's one game to take a draw, it is this one because it derails Sp**s' title challenge and is the toughest game left.

mm76

Yer Da
Love the energy here but can't get excited at the prospect of our current team against theirs‎ - a draw will be like a win if we manage it - especially as we'll get no favours from the ref, and especially if we start with Giroud or Ramsey or - real nightmare scenario - both

Think the Chelsea result is key - if they don't win and Spuds have the chance to close the gap, I think they will almost def beat us, but if Chelsea win with a really good performance, that might knock the wind out of spuds' sails a bit‎

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Like the Man C match, have a good feeling about this for some insane reason. A bit like going to the dentist and you know he's going to say that the the twinges are just sensitivity, before you get in the chair.
Sp**s are flagging now, thrashed by Chelsea and lucky to win at Palace, this is usually the point in the season where Potch's teams drop off. Really can't see anything other than an Arsenal win, unless Michael Oliver does them a favour like in this fixture last season.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Sp**s are flagging now, thrashed by Chelsea and lucky to win at Palace, this is usually the point in the season where Potch's teams drop off. Really can't see anything other than an Arsenal win, unless Michael Oliver does them a favour like in this fixture last season.

:eek:

I have man flu and am immensely negative about our prospects :eek:ops:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm, had a dream we went 1-0 up and then got a red card. Didn't manage to see the end result tho. :(

Deathstroke

The Terminator

Still, they are on a 7-game or so winning streak in the league, and it's the last NLD at their outhouse. Might provide some motivation.

Of course, knowing them, they're just as likely to combust spontaneously when things aren't going their way, and somebody else might end up taking over Mousehunt Dembele's eye-poker role in his absence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom