• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Watford v Arsenal | October 14 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Banter club if we sell them in January for the quoted prices (£20M for Alexis).

What the hell? Why haven't we sold them during last summer & tried to replace them properly?

This makes no sense. Either you sell them during the summer to replace them. Either you keep them till the end of their contract (which was a terrible idea IMO).
We did try sign Lemar and sell Alexis at the last minute but it all fell through.

Can you imagine the rage, the pure rage, if we sold Alexis and Özil with no replacements? In the grand scheme of things this is the best of a bad situation.

We kept them, had a bit of a backlash over a poor summer but ultimately are chugging along quiet nicely, have barely played those two and can move them on without hell fire and brimstone from the terraces.

Wenger has played it very well (with the exception of not signing players in the summer and even then I think with hindsight he looks to be doing the right thing as nobody has been brought in as a replacement and the pressure that brings and we are actually doing good overall)

Who knew Wenger and doing a good thing can still happen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That depends entirely on your formation. We have three spots to cover in our current formation. Of those, two of our main gents (per and Kos) we knew would be an injury risk. I would have preferred to have one more decent CB in case of injury. Not necessarily the next Adams, but some more cover. There are plenty to choose from in the league who fit this bill. Sagna on a free would have helped.
I love how you use this line. It is like you don't know how age and injuries combine into this demon.. "None of them have ongoing injury problems apart from Kos, but despite his Achilles he still played 33 league games last year." HOW FECKING LONG DO WE THINK THIS WILL LAST?

Sorry, but this is the same ill preparation we see every season. You can choose to ignore it but even uneducated people in the warehouse where I work see it, telling me in August "We need a CM and a CB, we're going to have shortages in defence this season". WHy can average joes see these situations before they happen but a man who gets paid millions of pounds a year can't. Half the forum predicted this.... I'll admit I wasn't one but I saw plenty posters who said "We need a CB, it is a priority". Were they all coincidentally lucky with their comments.
:lol: It's a 25 man squad, 7 who can play CB is not being ill prepared. And Kos maybe fit.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Bar the City hammering their form is very good, and they've beaten us twice in recent years. Despite our wins I don't think we've been playing great either, so it'll be a tough, tight match but one that we would want to be winning.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I got excited for a while, thought maybe Theo was planning a career move to China :lol:

_98292068_theo1.png

Unfortunately this is the explanation;

Arsenal's Theo Walcott and Danny Welbeck have been preparing for Saturday's game at Watford in a cryotherapy chamber, where players are exposed to temperatures as low as -150C for a few minutes to shock the body and help aid their recovery

AVENTUS

I think we'll win this one

They've only won 3 in 8 games can't see where the slight hype for Watford is coming from.

chessygoal

bib theory :
Bellerin-Kos-Per-Monreal-Kola
------Xhaka--El Neny------------
Iwobi------Laca--------????????
Özil, Walcott, Welbeck on the bench. Can't see Alexis on the pictures but I guess he's the one starting.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Cech
Holding Per Nacho
Hector Ramsey Xhaka AMN/Willock (if Kola is unfit)
Mesut Iwobi
Lacazette

Subs. Giroud, Nelson and Alexis

No way Sanchez starts (should start) this game after coming back from South America and that too after what happened with Chile this week. At best he comes as a sub for the last 15 minutes.

Özil has had enough rest so he should start. I don’t see Laurent playing and if Kola is not 100% no need to risk him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
rumours are that Özil and alexis both will be on the bench

That's where they should be. We have to move on and think of the future, if we have the players to do it without them then we must. Having said that Wenger's thinking is probably due to Alexis late return from International duty and Özil has just recovered from injury. Let them play in the EL next Thur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom