• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Watford vs Arsenal | 26/12/06

Nutsy

Established Member
After that MAssive win of 6-2 against Blackburn with such a delicious revenge, we have definitely destroyed the so called curse of Emirate s stadium however that doesn't not clouded our poor away form. This is Watford, no reason for us to lose since Liverpool crush them today aswell. aiming for third place we have to win this game!

I love the fact that we have been consistent with unbeaten runs, but is it enough? we need consistent WINNING runs.

Another massive win for us? with the young lads playing like they do tonight. well done boys, however, next game would now to be focused on. Sp**s losing, yeowch to Newcastle. Poor yiddos.

:D Another massive win for us, here's hoping :clap:

nazo

Established Member
You better watch out,
You better not cry,
Better not pout,
I'm telling you why:
Arsenal is coming to town.

Bring on 4-4-2 baby.

Viper

Established Member
Does anyone think Watford might be running scared? I know this sounds fairly arrogant but it might be the case.

Meek

i dont think we should be getting so excited yet. i have seen how quickly some posters reactions change week in week out. i dont think it will be a thrashing but we should hopefully win the match.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I expect Arsenal to win 2-0 or 3-0 in this one. Watford might hang around a little at the start like they did today against Liverpool, but they cant keep up for an entire game. I can imagine another bunch of goals pouring in at the end like today.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
I think Kings season is over, they have struggled infront of goal this season only 11 league goals. i see a comfortable 3-0

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Alfonso said:
We should respect Watford. There are no easy teams in the Premiership.
I agree however, I feel we could beat them If we play with as much spirit as we did today who knows it coulds be a 2-3-0 to us :D

kel varnsen

Established Member
go49oner said:
Viper said:
Watford better beware.

I feel for them, with Arsenal so hot at the moment I am expecting anther Trash here.

Damn forgot about our away record.

one win equals 'hot at the moment'? seriously, this is the problem with mania. one great game and all of a sudden we're better than chelsea. on the other hand, if we lose to watford the team is falling apart and wenger is a ****.

it'll probably be a tough game. watford will try to create a hostile environment, with a very pacey and tough match. they will get stuck in and try to close us down and not let us pass the ball around. blackburn lacked a bit of agression in midfield today and we took advantage of it. it'll be interesting to see how we respond to what is likely to be a rough game. hard to predict, but given the right team selection we have a chance of winning this one...

RC8

Established Member
This will not be a walk in the park. Our squad is really capable, but it is very young and fragile as well. Watford plays exactly the type of football that can hurt us if we are unlucky. If you recall last season against Sunderland, we did not risk many first team players, and were lucky to some extent to scrap a win, as we did not dominate the game due to the absence of some important players. This season Watford and Sheffield United will be the same type of game. In both games some players are going to be rested, specially at Watford, taking into account many players are tired after today's performance.

I expect Wenger to start Theo Walcott, as he refused to give him a run today, which means that he wanted Theo to be fresh. Other than that my guess is that Flamini will get a start, either partnering Cesc and playing as a defensive mid, or partnering Gilberto and trying to catalyse our attacks. Aliadiere could also get a run with RvP or Adebayor being rested for next weekend.

I do expect us to win this game, but as I said before it won't be easy, and I expect a performance from us such as the one we gave at Wigan and Charlton, i.e. get a result, score one or two goals, but still not dominate the game.

Some people here are saying that Watford lost to Liverpool, and that we can beat them too, but they seem to forget that:

a) Our form has not been as magnificent as you might think, and we had a whole week of rest before the game against Blackburn.

b) Anfield is a very difficult place to go, and Liverpool's form at home has been impressive. The fact they held on for so long means that they will be decent opponents.

AFCG7

Established Member
The problem our side seem to be having is after putting in a performance like today they assume they will go and beat Watford.
We have to keep our tempo up for this game.. and make sure we run at them the same way. If we try to relax and expect to win then we will be in for a shock.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The onus is on Watford to come out and try to attack us as they are at home. That will undoubtedly play in to our hands.

stuart

Established Member
Watford beware - we will be cooking. lets hope for a Christmas stuffing on Boxing day ;)

I can really see a rampant Gooner performance for some reason, i hope i am right... Walcott to come on and score the fourth in a four nil victory ;)

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
A club like Arsenal has to beat teams like Watford and Sheffield United away. We should comfortably win our next 3 league games.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom