• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Watford vs Arsenal | 26/12/06

lee1001

Established Member
Interesting statistical fact...despite the negative way Chelsea play and all their world class defensive players they have only conceded 3 less goals than us in the premiership.

We have conceded 18 and Chelsea 15.

Not bad considering the age of our defenders.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

lee1001 said:
Interesting statistical fact...despite the negative way Chelsea play and all their world class defensive players they have only conceded 3 less goals than us in the premiership.

We have conceded 18 and Chelsea 15.

Not bad considering the age of our defenders.

Yup and our goal difference is 19 and theirs is 20 yet we are 10 points behind, which I think shows when we win we tend to win by a couple of goals yet chelsea tend to get 1-0 / 2-1 victories (except watford).

invisibleman18

Established Member
What is Gilberto on? All this about needing to find 10 or so goals a season from one of our midfielders or 2. What odds on it being him of all people?
Some people just thrive on captaincy and he seems one of those players. He's been absolutely superb since he's taken the armband. Playing the best football of his Arsenal career for me. That amazing goal saving tackle on young today illustrated the sort of determination he's playing with.
And he's suddenly becoming prolific in front of goal :lol:
He has to stay captain for me, and I suspect many of use feel that way.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah , I mentioned that a few weeks ago. An unlikely source is about to give us 10 goals from midfield. . What an amazing player . He is almost a box to box player , some of the lung busting late runs he made against Portmouth into atttack were superb and you cannot say enough of his defensive play.

Feis-al

>YounGunner< said:
The celebration for Gilbertos goal was jokes. All the Africans joining in knowing the dance by heart, Cesc looking like a ***** and Hleb was like "what the f**k are they doing". Robin came out of nowhere to break it up before it got embarrasing.

Or you think they need some rehearsals :D

but apparently Ade is injured and won't make it for the weekend game. That is not good news because we really need him against Sheff UtD

sabret00the

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
RVP's goal was world class and it was so obvious when he was put through what was coming, so obvious infact you could almost call it bad defending. Upfront he is a real threat and I hope he is played there more. Left wing is definitely not for him.
i'm not sure that's fair. you gotta remember the pace he's going at if you don't track the run then he'll be away and cut in at the line blackburn-esque. you have no choice but to try and dictate his run and the second you commit to that he catches you off balance and shoots. the beauty of the move was the pace of it.

awooga83

Established Member
The only thing you would say about that is you know he wants it on his left foot and he has done that dummy so many times you would let him have it on his right rather then let him get it on his left.

sabret00the

Established Member
but that's my point, robin can beat you on the inside and outside. he's a master at making an angle for himself. it's a lot easier to stop him in theory than it is in practice.

Gurgen

Established Member
awooga83 said:
The only thing you would say about that is you know he wants it on his left foot and he has done that dummy so many times you would let him have it on his right rather then let him get it on his left.

When he's running at you at that speed you can't defend against it. Henry has been doing the same from the other side for 6 years, why isn't it easy to stop him? Because he's too good.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Exactly, 'poor defending, he should have pushed him onto his right foot' yeah right, you do that and if van persie still wants a shot he just keeps dummying you till he puts you on the floor.

holland v portugal sticks in mind, dummied in their box and put 3 defenders on their arses :lol:

Rohit

Established Member
We are suddenly looking very good on set pieces ( attacking ).We attack the ball much better than we used to.

Tony Montana

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
The celebration for Gilbertos goal was jokes. All the Africans joining in knowing the dance by heart, Cesc looking like a ***** and Hleb was like "what the f**k are they doing". Robin came out of nowhere to break it up before it got embarrasing.

lmfao! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean. I remember Baptista, Ronaldo and Robinho (or maybe Roberto Carlos) celebrating when Real Madrid scored. They would do a little jig and opposition managers and fans would find it offensive. They were told to stop.

Oh the African ways. :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
the cockroach celebration was stopped because the club felt it was alienating the Brazilians from their team mates.

RC8

Established Member
stuart said:
sabret00the said:
i'm having problems finding the highlights on my favourite tube. what's the keywords?

Can't find it myself mate, nor the Blackburn demolition

Try Google Video for the Blackburn goals. Sabre, I thought you were an ATVO user, if so, the highlights are there, I can't find them anywhere else.

As for the little dance, I thought it was quality, Gilberto is one of our only players who try different things every time they score.

jester

Established Member
I'm going to give a big shout to lehmann, who, despite not being quite at his level last year, really acted like a captain yesterday. He was calm, didnt let the usual things get to him, and rallied the troops.

Lukazan

Established Member
Yeah I noticed that about Lehmann too.

I'm tempted to say 'Perhaps a sign of things to come?' but I know it's not, and that he'll probably belt someone round the ear on Saturday.

asajoseph

Established Member
Am I the only one who really enjoys watching Jens' little eccentricities, and smiles a little when Andy Gray or some other gimp starts talking about how he should calm down a bit? The guy's got character, you gotta love it!

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom