• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wembley Hotspur v Arsenal | March 2, 2019 12:30 GMT | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Leno
RB
Sokratis
Koscielny
Kolasinac
Xhaka
Torreira
Iwobi
Özil (c)
Mkhitaryan
Aubameyang

Time to shine Mesut. The stage is set.

Surely Laca will start, especially as he cant play vs Rennes. Also have you forgotten how to spell Jenkinson :)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
what's people's RB solution for this? Could Jenks step up?

Definitely my choice. I don't want to see Lichteiner play ever again and AMN is a big disappointment every time he plays, probably be sold in the summer.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Definitely my choice. I don't want to see Lichteiner play ever again and AMN is a big disappointment every time he plays, probably be sold in the summer.
Lich was good against Southampton though

the problem with most of our team, and not just Özil, is inconsistency - it would be easier if at least some of them were consistently bad

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think there is a good chance of Musti as RB, but apart from the D our 11 is known since start of the Bourn game

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

They could have a very weak midfield here.

The latter two will definitely play. The only way a Sp**s player is missing the derby is if he's unable to run. Moreover, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. This will still be a tough game even if Sp**s send out their entire reserve side.

Didn't Danny Rose score a worldie on his debut, against us no less, only to disappear for a year afterwards?

say yes

forum master baiter
Do you actually think Mesut will start?

Also, why haven’t you been banned yet?

Haven’t been banned because the forum can’t afford to lose a poster with my knowledge and understanding of the game. Given the state of some of the recent posting on here, I’m not however surprised that so few other members have had the confidence to follow my lead and vote for the probable result.

Not sure on whether Özil will start at all. Probably a 50% chance at best and will depend completely on what formation/tactical plan Emery decides to go with.

We have so many different ways of setting up now that it must be a nightmare for the opposition to prepare for us. Trying to stop Kolasinac’s overlap / targeting our RB aside :lol:

Reactions: A_G

say yes

forum master baiter
Surely Laca will start, especially as he cant play vs Rennes. Also have you forgotten how to spell Jenkinson :)

Very possible but I can’t see Auba being dropped and two CFs away at a rival would be incredibly bold.

Think it’s more likely we’ll load up on midfielders given the weakness of Sp**s in that position.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
The latter two will definitely play. The only way a Sp**s player is missing the derby is if he's unable to run. Moreover, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. This will still be a tough game even if Sp**s send out their entire reserve side.

Didn't Danny Rose score a worldie on his debut, against us no less, only to disappear for a year afterwards?

I still remember Rose scoring that and no one even knew who the fook he was. I just want to say us fight! I am so excited but nervous. I have to watch this game after work (replay) so I will be avoiding scores and I hate that because I know my United friends will try to send me a message if we lose - which means I have to turn the phone off too lol

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Very possible but I can’t see Auba being dropped and two CFs away at a rival would be incredibly bold.

Think it’s more likely we’ll load up on midfielders given the weakness of Sp**s in that position.

They could possibly have a very poor technical midfield who would absolutely not be able to handle a coordinated press. Even when we played them at home they struggled with it. I'd be happy to see Ramsey and Lacazette start and force errors from them in the first half, then possibly see Özil and Aubameyang in the 2nd half depending on the situation.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They could possibly have a very poor technical midfield who would absolutely not be able to handle a coordinated press. Even when we played them at home they struggled with it. I'd be happy to see Ramsey and Lacazette start and force errors from them in the first half, then possibly see Özil and Aubameyang in the 2nd half depending on the situation.

Wanyama and Sissoko got to be targeted by Emery.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Maybe Auba plays wide. I just don't see Laca missing out when he didn't start mid week and cant play EL.

say yes

forum master baiter
Maybe Auba plays wide. I just don't see Laca missing out when he didn't start mid week and cant play EL.

Yep, I can certainly see that. We played a front 4 of Laca, Auba, Özil, Mkhi against Liverpool at home and they were fantastic together.

Problem with that formation however is that we’d have no impact player (save Iwobi) on the bench now that Welbeck is injured.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Jenko to score a late winner and spontaneously combust from pure happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom