• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Wembley Hotspur v Arsenal | March 2, 2019 12:30 GMT | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenalFever

Tottenham will be the more dissapointed with the result considering they were at home, but I’m sure they’ll take the draw under the circumstances.

boyinneedofhumor

Mate, wtf are you talking about?

If we tried to push forward and go for the second with the quality of our players you know what would've happened?
Clinical or incisive is the word.

Yes, I'm standing in line with you that we should not push forward recklessly.
No, I just think that we should score a 2nd while soaking it in. It just feels that the effort was there, a game plan or organisation was there, but the determination to want to win this no matter what, isn't.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'd like another centre half. Kos can't go on forever and we know what our injury history is like. Monreal will eventually need replacing as well - although I love him to bits. Agree with you on the RB

Yes. De Ligt will be a generational great defender. We must do everything in our power to get him.

ArsenalFever

All true. But at the end of the day Auba had a chance to finish off that game despite the really poor refereeing. And he fluffed it.

I can never understand two things about penalties.

1) Why doesn’t the team have 3 or 4 penalty takers that practice all week placing the ball in exactly the same place so that it becomes muscle memory.

2) Having watched hundreds of penalties, it’s pretty clear that those aimed at the top half of the goal are rarely saved. The keepers nearly always dive low and try to guess the correct side. So even if it goes down the middle, the odds of scoring are still quite high. Aiming low you have to hit it just inside the post.
I would put it purely down to confidence.

ptrcopp

All true. But at the end of the day Auba had a chance to finish off that game despite the really poor refereeing. And he fluffed it.

I can never understand two things about penalties.

1) Why doesn’t the team have 3 or 4 penalty takers that practice all week placing the ball in exactly the same place so that it becomes muscle memory.

2) Having watched hundreds of penalties, it’s pretty clear that those aimed at the top half of the goal are rarely saved. The keepers nearly always dive low and try to guess the correct side. So even if it goes down the middle, the odds of scoring are still quite high. Aiming low you have to hit it just inside the post.

I completely agree with what you have said, but at the end of the day its not the referee's job to ensure good or poor performances are punished.

Manberg

Predator
Clinical or incisive is the word.

Yes, I'm standing in line with you that we should not push forward recklessly.
No, I just think that we should score a 2nd while soaking it in. It just feels that the effort was there, a game plan or organisation was there, but the determination to want to win this no matter what, isn't.

I think it's there in some players not in others. It's there in Sokratis, Monreal, Koscielny, Ramsey. Not there in Xhaka, Auba, Özil and some others.
You could see it in body language. The social media age might have a bit of an effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom