• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | December 31, 2017 | 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
The fact is it was not a penalty. If it was not a penalty it was not an excuse.

People looking for any excuse to diss Wenger even if it means denying the truth. It is not about how good or bad we were, it was simply not a penalty. Chambers hand was not in an unnatural position and his body was behind it.

What do you mean it isn't about how good or bad we were?

We were up against the bottom team and struggled to achieve anything of note. Took a deflected free kick for us to take the lead.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

They're not though.

The issue is his distance to when Gibbs hit the ball.

Watch the lead up and you'll see his arms flaying about.

Eh? he actually retracts his arms . We'll just have to disagree with you .

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
He did, but it was a reflexive protective move in anticipation of the cross. He's moving his arm in towards his body, and crucially, he's doing it before the cross left Gibbs foot. Never a penalty in a million years.
I'm not arguing whether or not it was a penalty, I'm just saying he made it easy for the ref. Get your arms behind you.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Should have held on to the own goal that we managed to get late in the game against the bottom PL team. Says it all really, if we dont strengthen in Jan then Wenger is watching another team out there week in week out. The team I see is barely top 6 let alone top 4 level.
This is an absolutely awful team in every department. There's not one area of the game where this side excels at. You could play the West Ham, and Southampton games side by side along with this one and they'd look almost identical.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I don't even care about the penalty tbf.
We were so poor that I'm not even pissed about Dean's decision.

So 1st half of the season:

- We're 5th. Tottenham has a game in hand.

- We have the worst defensive record of the top 6.

- We have the worst offensive record of the top 6.

:lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Wenger unhappy with the schedule, says WBA had 5 days to prepare and we had 3

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I see both sides. That was a terrible penalty decision and we should've come away with a win. But we were also inept, and I don't think that our performance deserved a win in many ways. We didn't create a lot and relied on a fluky deflection to get the lead. It was really depressing watching our inability to convert so much possession into any kind of opportunity.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'
I don't even care about the penalty tbf.
We were so poor that I'm not even pissed about Dean's decision.

So 1st half of the season:

- We're 5th. Tottenham has a game in hand.

- We have the worst defensive record of the top 6.

- We have the worst offensive record of the top 6.

:lol:
But we only few points from 3rd place

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Complaining about wrong decisions is not an ‘excuse’ for the team performance. We scored the goal to win us the game & we should’ve had a clean sheet to go with it.

We would have an dirty win today, you need these dirties, close wins.

We had our goal and would win the game without Mike Dean. We have an important game on wednesday and this were important 3 points.

It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom