• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 8. great save.
hoyte - 6,5. solid, but still not good enough going forward.
toure - 8. rock solid.
gallas - 7,5. 'skinned' by vagner love once, but solid otherwise.
clichy - 6,5. ok. lots of effort, but lacks a bit match practice.
hleb - 8,5. brilliant in the first half. a bit more quiet in the 2nd.
cesc - 7. great first half. average 2nd. should have scored.
gilberto - 7. solid, but gave the ball away a few times.
rosicky - 8. great game, but should have scored.
van persie - 7,5. varied from outstanding to mediocre.
henry - 6,5. decent, but not the good old henry.

qs

Established Member
lehmann - 7 did his job well
hoyte - 7 good game
toure - 8 excellent.
gallas - 7 did alright
clichy - 6 still looks a little off
hleb - 8 another good game
cesc - 9 did everything apart from score
gilberto - 7 did ok
rosicky - 8 another quality showing
van persie - 7 alot better
henry - 7 did everything right bar getting a goal

RC8

Established Member
Lehmann - 8.
Hoyte - 7.
Toure - 8.
Gallas - 7,5.
Clichy - 7.
Hleb - 8.
Cesc - 7.5.
Gilberto - 8.
Rosicky - 8.
van persie - 7.
Henry - 8.

However, half of them should have scored, which is a shame.

xxxxxx

Lehmann - 7.
Hoyte - 7.
Toure - 8.
Gallas - 7.
Clichy - 7.
Hleb - 8.
Cesc - 8.
Gilberto - 6.5.
Rosicky - 8.
van persie - 7.
Henry - 6.

RC8

Established Member
Henry's first half was amazing, and I'm not taking into account the finishing, only how they played, and frankly I think Henry created more than Van Persie, his solo effort was magnificent, and his half assist to Rosicky was nothing short of outstanding. Van Persie did very well as well, and if I was taking into account their finishing Van Persie would edge it. BUT that's not the case.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 not much to do but made decent saves

Hoyte - 8 one of his best performances his crossing was superb and made chances with them. Hes class on the right

Toure - 8. Solid as usual recovering was world class.

Gallas - 7 Solid apart from one mistake which nearly lead to their goal.

Clichy - 7. Fantastic going forward and looks sharp. Certainly cemented his place now

Hleb - 8. Did well and put players through on goal. Overral very good.

Cesc - 7 Good display in the first half but gave the ball away a few times in the 2nd

Gilberto -7. Protected the defense well

Rosicky - 8. Awesome, created chances and ran the midfield. As consistant as ever, shame about his horror miss.

van persie - 8. By far his best performance on the left. Was a livewire all night and he passed well. Should have scored a couple of goals..

Henry - 6. Was ok but should have scored

Dennis10

Lehmann - 7 Solid performance.

Hoyte - 6,5 Looked good defencively, but doesn't contribute enough going forward despite his many efforts.

Toure - 8 One of our best as usual and our boss at the back.

Gallas - 6,5 Is it or does he still look a bit out of pace? Still played well and handled most situations good.

Clichy - 7,5 Really impressive today. His side was being attacked a few times, but he coped well.

Gilberto - 6 Yeah, he fills the whole and works well, but his passing was just not good enough today.

Fabregas - 8,5 A definite 9 after the first half, but didn't completely follow up in same style. Still a great game.

Hleb - 8,5 Worked extremely hard, and was a constant threat. When he crosses into the box I'd like to see him whip them in though.

Rosicky - 8 Another great display from Tomas. Got very tired, but who wouldn't?

Van Persie - 8 Although he missed a couple of chanses I feel that he really played well today. Made real efforts defensively and had many intelligent runs.

Henry - 7 Played well, but din't do what we expect from him. Win us games. But still, you could see from his first tackle that he would try hard today. I feel sorry for him now.

Walcott - 6,5 Quick and lively, but isn't quite there yet. Hopefully will continue playing great football in our following games so that we can throw him into games where's there more room for him.

Ali - Didn't see a lot of the ball, so I won't judge him.

Flamini - The same.

I feel sorry for the lads. They deserved better, but hey, c'est la vie..

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
lehmann - 7
hoyte - 7
toure - 8.
gallas - 7,5.
clichy - 7.
hleb - 8
cesc - 7.5
gilberto - 7.
rosicky - 8.
van persie - 7,5.
henry - 7

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 7
Hoyte - 7
Toure - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Hleb - 8
Cesc - 7
Gilberto - 8
Rosicky - 7.5
van persie - 8
Henry - 7

Ali - didn't touch the ball much.
Theo - 6
Flamini - didn't touch the ball much.

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - 7.
Hoyte - 7.
Toure - 8.
Gallas - 7.
Clichy - 7.
Hleb - 7.
Cesc - 8.
Gilberto - 7.
Rosicky - 6.
van persie - 7.
Henry - 6.

borat

heh, eveyrone above 7?
i disagree.

RvP, ROsicky, Lehman the man -8
hleb, henry, fab, gilberto, Hoyte, Clichy, Toure, Gallas, walcott -6
others- not enough time

maxxx

Lehmann - 8 great save in the 2nd half
Hoyte - 7 played well
Toure - 8 solid
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8.5 a welcome return
Hleb - 9 fantastic, keep it up
gilberto - 7 some poor passing
Rosicky - 9 same as hleb
Fabregas - 9 awesome player
RVP - 9.5 - incredible player would have him a 10 if he got a goal
Henry - 8.5 just wasn't his day, still played very well.

lagos

Established Member
I can't be bothered to rate individually but evryone gets at least a 7

The god of luck gets a big fat 0 as he obviously forgot to keep his appointment at the emirates today

jay-d

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
Hoyte - 8 one of his best performances his crossing was superb and made chances with them. Hes class on the right

Had to quote that, his crossing was crap for the most, just lofts it to the edge of the box. Offers nothing going forward.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Did he not cross for both Van Persie and Gilberto's headed chances?
Pretty sure he did for Gilberto's which was a perfect cross and there were a couple of other good ones I remember.
He's never ever going to be rated as better than absolute ****e by some of you is he? No matter what he does. It's like a few mediocre/poor games playing out of position has led to his entire career being completely written off by some of you.
He had a good game today, continuing his good form playing in his best position.

King_Henry

lehmann - 7.5 didnt have much to do, could have thrown a party and invited kahn :lol: did well when called upon, great save

Hoyte - 7 thought he played quite well, a few good attacks and crosses

gallas - 6.5 was ok, but seeing him get destroyed by vagner like that didnt do him any favours

Toure - 7 pretty solid did quite well

clichy - 7 i like him today, impressed me, good pace, some nice dribbling and defended quite well

Hleb - 7.5 brilliant, took on players well, and played some great passes, so good to watch

gilberto - 6.5 solid in the middle but mucked up a few passes, a decent game though from him

fabregas - 7 shone.passed very well and ran fantastically, how he didnt score that goal though, ill never be able to figue out

Rosicky - 8 so bloody good, he is fast becoming our best performer, such good pace, fantastic vision and passing, and not afraid to take the player on, only downside was that HORRIBLE miss.

Henry - 6.5 allways looked confident AWAY from goal, dribbled well, passed well, made excellent runs.....but when given shooting oppurtunities, just seemed to drop his bundle

Van Persie- 8 played very well, took a few good shots, and played some great passes, unlike the others, didnt really miss a majorly EASY goal oppurtunity my MOTM

Subs

flamini- 5.5 did ok for the 7ish mins he was on

Walcott - 6 didnt really have much to do, but showed some good passing and running

aliadiere ---- couldnt tell, didnt even touch the ball i think

King_Henry

invisibleman18 said:
Did he not cross for both Van Persie and Gilberto's headed chances?
Pretty sure he did for Gilberto's which was a perfect cross and there were a couple of other good ones I remember.
He's never ever going to be rated as better than absolute s***e by some of you is he? No matter what he does. It's like a few mediocre/poor games playing out of position has led to his entire career being completely written off by some of you.
He had a good game today, continuing his good form playing in his best position.

have to agree here, hoyte really impressed me, not only did he attack well, but he looked very confident at all times, IMO a sign that he is getting used to RB a bit more, i personally would feel comfortable seeing him play there for us again some time

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom