• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

Lukazan

Established Member
To be fair, if Cesc couldn't manage wrapping his foot round the ball to guide it in to the goal, I don't know how on Earth Henry expected him to wrap his foot round the ball and guide it all the way back across goal and in to his path.

Lehmann - 8 Had nothing to do all game until he saved us from Wagner Love
Hoyte - 6 Inexperience showed
Toure - 7 Did Well
Gallas - 5 Skinned by Wagner Love and if it wasn't for Lehmann, we could not been 1-0 down.
Clichy - 6 Did Well
Hleb - 6 Crap
Cesc - 5 Poor
Gilberto - 8 Best Player i thought
Rosicky - 6 Needs to take taring in shooting straight.
van persie - 4 Do not rate him at all
Henry - 5 Can anyone tell me what Henry did today.

sabret00the

Established Member
lagosgooner said:
Rocafella said:
sabret00the said:
Lehmann - 7.
Hoyte - 7.
Toure - 8.
Gallas - 7.
Clichy - 7.
Hleb - 7.
Cesc - 8.
Gilberto - 7.
Rosicky - 6.
van persie - 7.
Henry - 6.

How exactly does Rosicky deserve a 6 and Fabregas an 8? Tomas was better then Cesc for most of, if not nearly all of the match.

Cesc was my man of the match
mine too.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i thought everyone perfromed exceptionally well apart from gael who obviously is working his way back to match fitness. my memory is vague and i will watch the game again, but my opinion now is cesc was MOM. considering there was a clear tactic to pressure him and even frustrate him with little kicks and shirt pulls. he managed to evade the challenges and still find the perfect pass. to be fair as the game went on, he found it harder and harder to keep his temper in check and i think thats why he was taken off.

rosicky was brilliant too. he has a very useful combination of charesteristics. great off the ball movement, great link play, great dribbling and technique, great pace and a great work rate.

nazo

Established Member
What i liked about Clichy is that after all this time out, he was actually confident. Some players return from injury with bad morale and worried, that is not the case with him.

It was good to see him running at players and trying to link up with Henry on the left.

Goalkeeper

patrick42uk said:
i thought everyone perfromed exceptionally well apart from gael who obviously is working his way back to match fitness. my memory is vague and i will watch the game again, but my opinion now is cesc was MOM. considering there was a clear tactic to pressure him and even frustrate him with little kicks and shirt pulls. he managed to evade the challenges and still find the perfect pass. to be fair as the game went on, he found it harder and harder to keep his temper in check and i think thats why he was taken off.

rosicky was brilliant too. he has a very useful combination of charesteristics. great off the ball movement, great link play, great dribbling and technique, great pace and a great work rate.

I actually thought even Clichy did well. He has immense confidence and always willing to use his pace to get behind the defence.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 Solid.
Hoyte - 6 Looked ok but still lack that extra 110%
Toure - 7 Incredible strength by King Kolo, this guy is awesome
Gallas - 6 Lehmann saved his arse
Clichy - 8 Probably one of the best players last night. Strong and quick

Hleb - 8 Incredible dribbling and created passes from out of nowhere
Cesc - 7 Decent game, could have been his night had he scored
Gilberto - 7
Rosicky - 6 OMG what a miss, I can't believe that a player of his quality would miss an open goal chance like that. Nonetheless, nice movement and passing

van persie - 7 Had a lot of chances, but didn't punish the opponents, surely he has to work on that.
Henry 5 - Looked well below par

hujja

Established Member
Jens- 8

Kolo- 8

William- 7

Justin- 8

Gael- 8

Gilberto- 7

Cesc- 7

Tomas- 7

Aleks- 8

Thierry- 7

Robin- 8

I've got nothing bad to say about our performance. We had everything but luck yesterday. I gave Cesc and Tomas a 7 because they both ran out of steam in the second half and became sloppy.

I also take back whatever bad things I might've said about Justin in the past. He is really really good in the right back position and I would love to see him compete regularly for a first team spot.

Double_H

Established Member
Suprisingly almost all the players were great and the end result felt like a lose

Lemon 8 Great Save that Kept the clean sheet

Hoyte 7 he was Good Defencively but poor going Forword ,maybe cause we are used to Eboue

Toure 8 his usuall self

Gallas 7.5 he got owend once

Cilchy 7 still need lots of things to be a regular

Gilberto 9 MOTM he went forword and coverd the back four and
collected all the balls

Hleb 7 was good at times and bad some

Ros 8 after that miss his form droped

Fab 8 he was great but got tired at the end

RVP 8.5 great great preformance and the best thing he didnt hold the ball much

Henry 7 he was poor the first half ,,improved in the 2nd

a Must win matches coming up

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lehmann - 7:Didn't have a lot to do but saved well from Vagner Love.

Hoyte - 7: Improving all the time at RB.Hardly gives a pass away, provides good width and put in a couple of tasty crosses for van P & Gilberto.

Gallas - 7: Apart from one incident where he got skinned by Vagner Love, was solid and protected us very well from the counter-attacks with his anticipation and positioning.

Toure - 7: Steady and composed. Covered Hoyte well and allowed Gallas to bring the ball out from defence when he stayed back.

Clichy - 7: Impressive. Added a whole new dimension to the left side and showed great energy for the whole 90 minutes. Crossing is average but not really a major concern when the rest of his game is so good. Looked surprisingly strong.

Hleb - 7.5: Very busy and seemingly involved in everything. His understanding with Rosicky is dynamite. Should have shot when through on goal - underestimates his own finishing potential.

Fabregas - 6.5: Good performance overall performance but wear and tear beginning to show. Needs a rest no matter how good he is, we have players who can step in and maintain our level. Should have scored.

Gilberto - 6.5: Decent overall and swept up well. Nearly caused a few dangerous counter-attacks with momentary loss of concentration but otherwise solid.

Rosicky - 7: Played some brilliant passes, including one for Henry with the outside of his foot. Always involved, but needs to have a bit more killer instinct in and around goal. Missed a sitter. Doesn't take anything away from the fact the he is pure class though.

van Persie - 7: Generally played very well. Given licence to roam, and bringing others into play much much better. Should have scored at least once though, and needs to become more efficient in front of goal. Seems to have added more mobility to his game.

Henry - 6.5: Don't know why he gets so much stick just for occasionally being human but people should give him a break, he just had an off-night in front of goal. His movement and willingness to show for the ball created space for others. and played in Rosicky brilliantly for what should have been yet another magnificent assist.

Subs..

Walcott - 6.5: Did well when he came on, although occasionally his youthfulness does show when it comes to his final ball. Terrific pace and movement, showing great versatility to play anywhere across front 3. Promising future.

Aliadiere - 6: Unable to get into the game, but wasn't really his fault as he had so little time to make an impact. Was also difficult as CSKA began to defend deeper towards the end and defend in more compact manner. Tried hard.

Flamini - 6: Little time to make an impact. Presumably brought on to allow us to through everybody else forwards. Showed good willingness to get involved.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
jay-d said:
>YounGunner< said:
Hoyte - 8 one of his best performances his crossing was superb and made chances with them. Hes class on the right

Had to quote that, his crossing was crap for the most, just lofts it to the edge of the box. Offers nothing going forward.

Like Eboue gets every cross onto a forward's head? Come on, I have witnessed Eboue hoofing crosses behind and over the opposition goal on more than a couple of occassions this season. Hoyte put beaties in last night that should have resulted in goals.

As for ratings, I thought everyone played well- Rosicky was great as usual, though he really should have scored. Henry looks a little short of confidence at the moment, but it'll come.

Basically I would give everyone a 7. Except for Hleb, who I thought ran his socks off again-8. Van Persie put in the best performance I've seen from him this season. Some of Fabregas' passing was from another planet, shame the miss was too. As Big Poppa says, a Emirates hiding for the visitors seems fairly imminent, with Liverpool coming up soon, that's good news.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 7 - made a pretty good save from love, though he should stop shouting at ownteamates. he almost fought with henry and toure. this would spoil our team's morale.

hoyte 7 - very efficient performance from him. delivered some good crosses into the box, though noone really attacked it. defensively needs to be improved, and not be taken in by oppoenents trick

toure 7 - good defensively, though went awol in a number of times, leaving only gallas behind. good recovery though.

gallas 6.5 - didnt know he was not as fast as i was expecting. beaten for pace by vagner love, and turned inside out. otherwise solid.

clichy 7.5 - omg, he has such good pace. he is our real gem at leftback. he is not as good as cole defensively, but certainly much better attacking and offering real pace. confident that he play more games, he will only get better

gilberto 6.5 - not at his usual CL best. misplacing passes and tackles. protected the defence well though and went forward more times than last season.

hleb 8 - very good performance. he and rosicky and hleb is combining superbly. every game, our 5 attacking threats combined every 1-2 moves, every attacks nicely and looked super dangerous. when on form we can demolish any single team, even barca.

rosicky 8.5 - same as hleb, though missed a real sitter that he might finish it another day with his eyes closed.

cesc 7.5 - need to keep his cool and not get frustrated by opponents rough play. hates his sloppy passes.

rvp 7.5 - good good performance, finishing far from desired though. i realised he looked very awkward because he is one footed.

henry 7.5 - hate him blaming teamates for every miss or when they don't pass to him. c'mon, he missed the most yesterday and he is like grumbling and hitting the floor in disbelieve when hleb misplaced the pass, rosicky missed sitter and cesc didnt score. captain should be clapping hands and motivating each other, not this.

subs
aliadere n.a - touched the ball a few times only, leaving us soon.

flamini n.a - only had a few mins.

walcott 6 - inexperienced showing

Gurgen

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
To be fair, if Cesc couldn't manage wrapping his foot round the ball to guide it in to the goal, I don't know how on Earth Henry expected him to wrap his foot round the ball and guide it all the way back across goal and in to his path.

He should have passed before but meh. He could have wrapped his foot around the ball if he waited a second before shooting.

My ratings:

Jens 8 - Trying to pick a fight with Toure, and saved our asses from Vagner Love. World class and totally mad - what more do you need?

Hoyte 8 - Credit where credit is due, I thought he had exceptional game. His defending was spirited and his crossing was very good.

Toure 7 - Solid.

Gallas 7 - Skinned by Vagner Love, but otherwise solid. See kel, even great defenders get skinned by fast and skillful players. Had it been Phil the handbags would have been out no doubt :lol:

Clichy 6 - Working his way back to fitness, had difficulty with Carvalho who is a fat diving **** btw.

Hleb 7 - Good game from him, couldn't find a breakthrough though.

Cesc 6 - One point deduction for that miss. Otherwise good.

Rosicky 6 - See Cesc. Though maybe he deserves two points deduction, because it was easier to score.

Gilberto 7 - Solid.

RvP 8 - First half was his best half in an Arsenal shirt, sheer magic. Second half he struggled, like the team. His header was not easy so I don't blame him.

Henry 6 - Did he HAVE to finish that with the outside of his foot? Sometimes he is a truly infuriating character.

MOTM Akinfeev. Get in there Arsène.

Lukazan

Established Member
Did he have to finish that with the outside of his foot? Not at all, infact it was probably the most difficult choice he had.

He could quite have easily brought it down and then taken it round the keeper. A bizarre decision to be honest, his finishing hasn't been to it's usual standards since the CL final in my opinion.

N!

maxxx said:
Lehmann - 8 great save in the 2nd half
Hoyte - 7 played well
Toure - 8 solid
Gallas - 7.5
Clichy - 8.5 a welcome return
Hleb - 9 fantastic, keep it up
gilberto - 7 some poor passing
Rosicky - 9 same as hleb
Fabregas - 9 awesome player
RVP - 9.5 - incredible player would have him a 10 if he got a goal
Henry - 8.5 just wasn't his day, still played very well.

is this the same maxxx that was berating Van Persie after the Reading game?

that being said, i agree with most of the ratings there.

Lukazan

Established Member
I noticed that, but I didn't bother saying anything.

Isn't Maxxx the guy that is consistently telling the world RVP is completely overrated, not good enough for Arsenal and what not?

Gurgen

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Did he have to finish that with the outside of his foot? Not at all, infact it was probably the most difficult choice he had.

He could quite have easily brought it down and then taken it round the keeper. A bizarre decision to be honest, his finishing hasn't been to it's usual standards since the CL final in my opinion.

Because he isn't being deployed as a finisher. The striker in a 4-5-1 is typically someone who is looking to hold the ball up and bring the midfielders into play. It's only logical that his finishing is deteriorating, he doesn't get as many chances as before.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gurgen said:
MOTM Akinfeev. Get in there Arsène.

akinfeev? he only made one good save in the whole match. i mean he wasnt call upon urgently as we hit everywhere except the goal

Gurgen

Established Member
His rushing out prevented us from finishing properly on more than one occasion. That and the fact that I've never a young goalkeeper with that level of composure.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Gallas 7 - Skinned by Vagner Love, but otherwise solid. See kel, even great defenders get skinned by fast and skillful players. Had it been Phil the handbags would have been out no doubt :lol:

never said otherwise. difference is, senderos gets skinned on regular basis. gallas doesn't...

btw, love was lucky to get past gallas. it was a highly 'improvised' touch and it caught gallas by surprise. i'm not defending gallas, but just saying that love is a bit overrated and he the move was a bit accidental...

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom