• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Gurgen said:
His rushing out prevented us from finishing properly on more than one occasion. That and the fact that I've never a young goalkeeper with that level of composure.

Yeah , he has some aura that top goal keepers seem to have , like you have to make you shot extra special to score. His positioning when coming out against Henry certainly had something to do with the great man missing .

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
kel varnsen said:
Gurgen said:
Gallas 7 - Skinned by Vagner Love, but otherwise solid. See kel, even great defenders get skinned by fast and skillful players. Had it been Phil the handbags would have been out no doubt :lol:

never said otherwise. difference is, senderos gets skinned on regular basis. gallas doesn't...

btw, love was lucky to get past gallas. it was a highly 'improvised' touch and it caught gallas by surprise. i'm not defending gallas, but just saying that love is a bit overrated and he the move was a bit accidental...

oh please... he tried to skin the tough gallas and he managed to do so...

i like big phil but gallas, well, he's gallas... he's thousands of miles ahead of big phil ATM and it's easy for me to pick him over big phil for the starting 11 anytime anyday...

i agree that love is a bit over-rated but he did skin gallas and credit where it's due... i mean, come on.. he skinned gallas... how often can you witness that?

if a player can force his opposition to make a self-inflicted accident (a mistake), well, that's just good... doing improvisation in tight condition and successfully executing it, that's eye-catching...

despite what love did to gallas, i still think he's a waste at cska moscow and the brazilian NT (i might be wrong though in the future) but yeah credit to him for skinning the mighty billy...

at old trafford earlier this season, cesc tried to play a through ball to adebayor but fletcher blocked the ball and it went back to cesc, as if a 1-2 passing game was being played between the two of them... it can be viewed as an accident, it can be a misfortune and it can also be cesc was blessed with generous luck but credit to him he made the most out of it...

the rest, as we know it, is history :D

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
celestis said:
Gurgen said:
His rushing out prevented us from finishing properly on more than one occasion. That and the fact that I've never a young goalkeeper with that level of composure.

Yeah , he has some aura that top goal keepers seem to have , like you have to make you shot extra special to score. His positioning when coming out against Henry certainly had something to do with the great man missing .

quite agree though i feel hleb or rosicky should have been the motm. he isnt tall correct, but he is very steady and have super reflexes. tim krul is another great keeper, remembered someone in the forum reccomended him when he hasnt even played for newcastle. yesterday he was great. there are plenty to replace lehmann when he retires, just whether wenger will pick the right one or not.

bojed said:
oh please... he tried to skin the tough gallas and he managed to do so...

i like big phil but gallas, well, he's gallas... he's thousands of miles ahead of big phil ATM and it's easy for me to pick him over big phil for the starting 11 anytime anyday...

i agree that love is a bit over-rated but he did skin gallas and credit where it's due... i mean, come on.. he skinned gallas... how often can you witness that?

if a player can force his opposition to make a self-inflicted accident (a mistake), well, that's just good... doing improvisation in tight condition and successfully executing it, that's eye-catching...

despite what love did to gallas, i still think he's a waste at cska moscow and the brazilian NT (i might be wrong though in the future) but yeah credit to him for skinning the mighty billy...

at old trafford earlier this season, cesc tried to play a through ball to adebayor but fletcher blocked the ball and it went back to cesc, as if a 1-2 passing game was being played between the two of them... it can be viewed as an accident, it can be a misfortune and it can also be cesc was blessed with generous luck but credit to him he made the most out of it...

the rest, as we know it, is history

i thought is was ronaldo who blocked the ball? yeah vagner love is a waste at cska. but i don't really highly rates him. he misses quite a number of clear cut chances and finishes maybe 5 out of 10 chance given to him.

GoodOldArsenal

arsenal_hleb said:
i thought is was ronaldo who blocked the ball? yeah vagner love is a waste at cska. but i don't really highly rates him. he misses quite a number of clear cut chances and finishes maybe 5 out of 10 chance given to him.

A waste? He won the UEFA Cup with them and the Russian League. Not to mention CSKA are still doing well in the Champions League. Just because he doesn't play in England, Spain, or Italy doesn't mean he's a waste at CSKA.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom