• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Hamburger SV | 21/11/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
it's been a while since i stirred up things, so here i go:

lehmann - 6. ok.

eboue -7. scored a good goal and offered a bit going forward.

toure - 7. a bit too sloppy defending when vaart scored, but not really his fault as it was a brilliant goal. a good game.

senderos - 7. solid

clichy - 6. decent, but want to see him going forward more.

ljungberg - 4,5. got us a bunch of free kicks, but other than that, he offers the team close to nothing.

cesc - 7. mediocre first half. better second half. great assist to van persie's goal.

flamini - 6,5. decent.

hleb - 7.
some good moves, some sloppy passing. not as dominant as he was on saturday, but a good performance nevertheless.

van persie - 5
is down right useless on the left wing and offered absolutely nothing in the first half. better in the second half, but a fairly poor performance overall. gets an extra point for the goal.

henry - 2
ok, i don't think i've ever rated anyone lower than a 2-2,5 before, but henry was absolutely abysmal today. he did nothing right. every time he got the ball, he lost it about two seconds later. his movement off the ball was horrid and he had the touch of a ****ing rapist. he hasn't been himself this year, but this was a new low. shocking performance.

walcott - 6
his usual shy and unimposing self until the final 6-7 minutes, in which he finally took a bit of responsibility and took on defenders. a good assist to baptista's goal.

ade - 5,5
he was there...

mad jens

thanks...u posted a lot later than me and you lock mine?

Doesn't reallly matter. Arsenal won! Cheers :D :D :D

Plus you used text language - some people would demote you straight away for that. "You" is only two extra characters to type.... Asterix

kel varnsen

Established Member
mad jens said:
thanks...u posted a lot later than me and you lock mine?

Doesn't reallly matter. Arsenal won! Cheers :D :D :D

heh, that's the beauty of being a favored member. :D

(sorry, but i didn't notice your thread until i had moved my own).

KY

Established Member
only a six for walcott? i would give him at least a seven if not eight. He made all the difference once he changed to the right wing with two assist. i actually pitied the left back...and i would give more to ljungberg too...ran his socks off..although i think its fair to say that the title of 'headless chicken' can now be officially be transferred from flamini to ljungberg...

sabret00the

Established Member
lehmann - 6. sloppy game

eboue -7. got forward well but distribution suffered with the pace of the game.

toure - 8. was a monster

senderos - 8. Flamini made him look good by giving him so much to do.

clichy - 6. urghh.

ljungberg - 6. he looked like freddie of old bar his first touch, great running and one-two's.

cesc - 7. dreadful in first half, monster in second.

flamini - 6. who?.

hleb - 8. distribution was wayward but beastly over all.

van persie - 8. The performance, especially from the centre, spoke for itself. Baaaaaalin'.

henry - 5. urghh.

walcott - 7. contestant for man of the match with his two assists..

ade - 6. atleast he weren't as bad as Henry.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lehmann 6 - worked hard for the team, kicking terrible.

Eboue 7 - his crosses deterioriated again. no end product though got a lucky goal. defending a lil suspicious too.

Toure 7.5 - defence leader. though could have done more to prevent that early goal

Senderos 7 - great first game for him.

Clichy 7 - full of energetic running. same lousy end product like eboue. otherwise ok.

Flamini 6 - again could have stopped that goal. it was a brilliant shot though

Hleb 6.5 - tricky on the right wings. tried some moves but failed most today.

Cesc 7 - his frustration gotta stop. its irritating. get on with the game! other than that, hit the post and made a superb assist.

Rvp 6.5 - great goal. improved dramatically in the 2nd half.

Henry 4 - he passed 3 passes succesfully

Subs
Walcott 8 - what an impact

Ade 5.5

Baptista 6 - good debut goal

nazo

Established Member
I'm not going to repeat the same ratings, because i agree completely with sabre.

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 One or two 'Lehmann' moments but generally solid.

Clichy - 5 Not a very good game tbh. Runs in to people alot, his passing isn't great and his crossing was awful tonight. His defending is also very suspect to me.. I'm not sure I'd be too confident with him in there against some of Europe's/The prem's best. Will improve though, I'm sure of it.

Toure - 8 As solid as you like.

Senderos - 8 ^^^ And some very very meaty challenges too.

Eboue - 7 Crossing and final ball was horrid, but he offered us an option all night and scored a goal.

Hleb - 7 Not as good as he has been in recent weeks, but still very decent. Played a big part in the goal with a very good turn and pass to Fabregas. Ran himself ragged.

Fabregas - 7 Seen better from him, although the assist was pure genius, and he instantly looked a better player when we switched to 4-4-2.

Flamini - 6 Not really involved alot, but was gritty and determinded as I suspect Wenger asked him to be.

Ljungberg - 5 Meh, pretty useless. Doesn't offer the team anything like enough to warrant a first team place.

RVP - 7 Played well tonight, especially when moved upfront. Great finish for his goal. Very harsh to be taken off, especially with Henry on the pitch.......

Henry - 3 Oh. Dear. First touch was nowhere to be seen and apart from continually letting the ball get away from him, he did nothing - oh, other than try and win soft penalties..

lagos

Established Member
lehmann - 6.

eboue -7

toure - 8

senderos - 7.

clichy - 6.

ljungberg - 7
cesc - 7.
flamini - 6

hleb - 8

van persie - 7

henry - 5

walcott - 8

ade - 7

Baptista- 7

MOTM - Walcot ( I couldn't decide between Hleb and Toure so I give it to the man who changed the match

EDIT: Anybody seeing the final score and reading this would think we played well and totally dominated the match. In truth. the only stand outs in the first half were Toure, Ljunberg and Hleb. It wasn't so much that the players were poor ( of course there were afew standouts) but the system deployed was just ****e.

Gurgen

Established Member
Van Persie gets a 5 because he is useless on the left wing? Would you give Thierry a 5 if he was played at left back kel?

Anyway, my ratings:

Jens 7 - Solid, good throwing.

Eboue 7 - Scored the vital goal, but his crossing was abysmal. I wish he would look up before whipping it in.

Toure 10 MOTM - A giant. Won challenges everywhere, intercepted everything and led by example. What a player.

Senderos 8 - Faultless. Put in some thumping tackles for the fun of it as well.

Clichy 6 - Didn't do much and still gets beaten too easily.

Hleb 7 - Good game but got really tired as the game progressed.

Cesc 8 - I'm going to forget his performance in the first half, because that was Wengers fault, and give him an 8 for his dominating display in the second.

Flamini 6 - Didn't do much, nowhere to be seen when shots came in. Shouldn't be in the team.

Ljungberg 5 - Worked hard but that's about it. Has lost his pace and a good bit of his stamina, making him close to useless.

Van Persie 7 - Scored a great goal and played 20 minutes of fantastic football in the second half. For first half see Cesc.

Henry 5 - Didn't get into the game but once again, that's Wengers fault. He's not like Cesc or Robin, when the moodyness starts, it doesn't end.

Adebayor 6 - Kept the ball well. Too limited a player technically.

Theo 8 - Finally started taking people on and whaddaya know, he got past his man every time.

Julio 7 - Scored his first after a good run. Great to have midfielders who are a threat in the air.

kel varnsen

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
Eboue 7 - his crosses deterioriated again. no end product though got a lucky goal. defending a lil suspicious too.

his crossing wasn't good today and we don't have a lot of players inside the box, but you've got to feel for eboue. i mean, henry is the only player in the box and his movement off the ball is flat out ridiculous. he basically just stand there, waiting for the ball to hit his head. a good example, was when eboue hit a long pass into the box in the first half. it was a great pass, but henry started running after eboue had passed ball.

qs

Established Member
lehmann - 7 no chance for the gaol made a couple of stops after that

eboue -7 He'd not been giving much end product till the goal but he did score it and win us the game

toure - 8. class

senderos - 8. out standing, glad to see him back.

clichy - 6. not good at all

ljungberg - 7 He gave us something we've been missing, ok his not his old elf but i thought he had a decent game

cesc - 7 4-4-2 is the Cesc formation. Simple as

flamini - 5 he's no Gilberto. We need DM cover ASAP

hleb - 8. great game

van persie - 7 looked better in the 4-4-2 did shag all first half

henry - 6 poor

walcott - 8 excellent, changed the game

ade - 7 lifted the team and woked his arse off

Baptista - well what more can you ask from a few minutes, he got his goal, should be good for confidence at least

kel varnsen

Established Member
qs said:
senderos - 8. out standing[sic]

henry - 6 poor

walcott - 8 excellent

so, 6 is poor, but 8 is excelent/outstanding? you rate players on a scale from six to eight then?

JazzG

Established Member
Some people are being well harsh on Freddie imo, when we got going in the 2nd half I thought he did very well for the first 20mins. Not bad considering he has been out for so long, glad to see him back.

Gunner4life09

Lehmann 6.5 - not much to do but when did he delivered. there was nothing he could have done about the goal.

Eboue 7 - I'll give him a 7 because of the goal and he did show alot of passion however the boy really needs to work on crossing

Toure 9 - Solid as ever, great recovery on a number of occasions. Showed so much passion that the squad was lacking

Senderos 6.5/7 - Decent performance

Clichy 6.5 - Decent, ran alot but nothing to shout about

Flamini 6.5 - Did alright, ran alot

Hleb 8 - Made some really really good runs and i think he's becoming such a vital part of our team now

Cesc 7 - Did quite well, a nice assit. Although i see alot of fustration that could get him into trouble creeping into his game but i love it. but not so good as a player but as a fan.

Rvp 6.5 - Well composed goal, Did pretty well.

Henry 5 - Besides his freekick that was close, Henry in my opinion did nothing at all. When he got booked he started running into players in fustration or was trying to take the piss but whatever. He's got to buck up.

Walcott 8.5 - what a champion. created both the goals. super sub.

Baptista 6 - well taken goal, had a few runs.

jaguars4ever

Re: Arsenal - Hamburg, player ratings

Mad Jens - 6. Barely had anything to do apart from picking the ball out of the back of the net. Stable when needed and no real errors. Couldn't do anything about that goal.

Eboue -6. Got us the goal we needed through sheer tenacity and always willing to bomb forward. His crosses, however, were absolutely dire. Defensively he was average.

King Kolo - 8. Played with the most passion and contributed both in defense and driving on the attack. Won us the ball on several occasions.

Senderos - 7. Solid.

Clichy - 6. Decent in attacking intent, but like Eboue, the final ball simply wasn't there today.

Freddie - 5. Won a plenty of free kicks (one particularly in a dangerous position which Henry perhaps should have scored). But only managed to beat his man once and was generally ineffective.

Cesc - 6. Brilliant assist and came to life in the last 10 minutes, but was far to sloppy and casual overall. Not one of his better games, but decent nonetheless.

Flamini - 6. Would have liked to see him break up the play more often ala Bert, but he didn't show any real weakness.

Hleb - 8. Easily are best player on the pitch until he tired himself out. Made the Hamburgers looks like schoolboys at times, at he wasn't even at his best. Magic player.

Van Persie - 6. Not his fault that he's wasted on the left. But when he moved centrally it all started to happen. Got a goal and did several great things.

Titi - 4. Hate to say it, but this was really a very disappointing performance by our captain. Hope he puts this one behind him soon.

Walcott - 7. Took a while to impose himself on the game, but once he did he was electric.

Ade - 5. Worked hard, closed down and won us the ball once or twice.

Beast - 7. Finally the Beast is healed and unleashed. Awesome darting run and un-wengerballesqe header. Just what we need.

MightyArsenal

Toure 9 - The Man is a Colossus.

Eboue 8 - The best right back in the world, yes his crosses are not perfect, and yes he makes defensive mistakes, but he offers us soo much going forward.

Fabregas 6 - Will he stop fooling around, I thought the Ballack incident would be the last time, but hes still got an evil side to him.

Clichy 4 - My god what an awful performace today, he mistimed everything and offered nothing going foward. We are much better with Gallas at left back.

Flamini 3 - The headless chicken countinues to remain headless.

Henry 3 - Hes just in another world nowadays, defenders are not your freinds, ****ing nutt them, dont expect hugs and handhakes all the time.

Lukazan

Established Member
What did Fabregas do?

I like his aggressive side, he stands up for himself and takes no ****.

sabret00the

Established Member
SkySports' Ratings said:
Jens Lehmann 6 // 7.0
Emmanuel Eboue 8 // 8.3
Kolo Toure 7 // 8.3
Philippe Senderos 7 // 7.5
Gael Clichy 7 // 7.0
Alexander Hleb 9 // 8.5
Cesc Fabregas 8 // 8.7
Mathieu Flamini 6 // 6.8
Fredrik Ljungberg 6 // 7.0
Robin Van Persie 7 // 8.0
Thierry Henry 6 // 6.9
Julio Baptista SUB 7 // 7.6
Emmanuel Adebayor SUB 6 // 7.0
Theo Walcott SUB 8 // 8.8

FrankArsenal

Just like against CSKA we played better after we switches to 4-4-2. I don't want to start the whole 4-5-1-debate again. But didn't we play 4-5-1 to suit Fabregas? (Because apparently can't handle his defensive duties or gets caught in 4-4-2)?

To me it seems he's better in 4-4-2. It sounds logical that he better suited for 4-5-1 but this match again proved that's not. As for Titi (our best player when not moody) is better in 4-4-2.

So what's the point in playing a formation that should suit our players better but in real it's the opposite.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom