• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Hamburger SV | 21/11/06

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Lehmann: 6 - Has had better nights.

Eboue: 7 - Good goal, a lot of horrible passes but credit to him for the goal.

Toure: 7 - King Kolo rules!

Senderos: 7 - Meh, he was ok. But I thought with him in CB, we could have got a clean sheet.

Clichy: 5 - OMG this guy has got to sort out his football feet back. looks lost

Hleb: 8 - Again, incredible displays from the dribble master. Nice trickery but needs to score.

Fabregas: 7 - Nice assits to RVP

Flamini: 7 - I'm sorry but I can only see him as a utility player. He's, not brilliant but not poor either, just average.

van Persie: 6 - Oh yeah, the dutch master. But apart was quite terrible in the first half. It started to remind me of those misses during the CSKA game but his goal released all the tention. And yeah, should have stayed on for the whole 90 minutes.

Ljungberg: 6 - Was ok.

Henry: 5 - Very inconsistent nowadays. He looks confused, like too many things to do on the pitch. Stop all the complaining and just play football like you did for the past 7 seasons with Arsenal.

Adebayor: 4 - Again, poor display and I mean
very poor. Take away those goals against Manure and Everton, Ade has been sh** this season.

Walcott: 8 - Our saviour! Like Wenger said, he fels at home playing at RM. Maybe that's where he's most effective. Nice assits

Baptista: 7 - Thank god he's starting to score goals. That will give him a confidence boost

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
qs said:
Grow up you pedantic little s**t.
you don't need to attack the poster in order to make a point.

He didnt make a point though it was a stupid, smart arsed comment aimed at me, not a discussion on player performance so I responded in kind.

sabret00the

Established Member
qs said:
sabret00the said:
qs said:
Grow up you pedantic little s**t.
you don't need to attack the poster in order to make a point.

He didnt make a point though it was a stupid, smart arsed comment aimed at me, not a discussion on player performance so I responded in kind.
nah you never, you overreacted at him asking you to justify your ratings. i too wondered how you can have a six as poor and an eight as outstanding. he was well within his right to query you on your ratings after all it's a discussion board. honestly, your behaviour can't be justified.

qs

Established Member
Ah here, would you relax.

"you rate players on a scale from six to eight then?"

Was either being a smart arse or beign a complete ***** because I gave Flamini a 5.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
qs said:
Ah here, would you relax.

"you rate players on a scale from six to eight then?"

Was either being a smart arse or beign a complete ***** because I gave Flamini a 5.
you misinterpreted it completely i feel. if you read back, you would realise because 6 is poor and 8 is great, then theres only that range of rating. 5 would be completely off.

qs

Established Member
*yawn* are we still talking about this?

Lets forget it and get back to talking about football.

Lukazan

Established Member
A 6 for Henry was pretty funny though.. :p

Literally all he did all night was lose and miscontrol the ball. Let's just say if t was Adebayor I don't think he'd have got a 6. ;)

thierryunreal

Gort said:
Lehmann 6 - Did a reasonable job... especially keeping hold of that shot at the end with a Hamburg player running in.

Eboue 7 - Kept on trying and put in some reasonable crosses (and a few duds). That cross to Henry that should have been headed in was great... pity our captain didn't fully appreciate it by getting his head to the ball, though). Good goal, in the sense that he battled through and had a go. Sure, it was lucky, but he made his luck... and we deserved some, too.

Toure 7 - Good performance. I also liked some of his moments up the field, too.

Senderos 7 - Good to see him back. He did fine for his first game back in a while.

Clichy 6 - Did OK... but should have had a better end product.

Flamini 5 - I like the guy and think he has a good attitude, but this wasn't his game. He's not Gilberto. He's wasn't terrible, but he really needs to pick up his game if he's to replace Gilberto... if that's what is intended of him.

Hleb 7 - I thought he had a reasonable game and created a few chances. So unlucky not to have scored. Good to see him at least try and shoot, though.

Cesc 6 - Didn't much care for his first-half performance, but he made up ground for his second. Good assist for Van Persie's goal.

Rvp 6 - He did OK and caused some difficulties. The goal was taken well, which is what you want when you're 1-0 down. Strange that he was taken off, even if the game worked out for us.

Henry 4 - A few bits and pieces here and there, but really not imposing himself that much. In many ways, I'm not too bothered he'll be not able to play against Porto, because maybe we need something different down in Portugal and we've won in Europe without him before (as well as other critical games). I'm far from saying we should lose Henry, but sometimes I think we need to show that we can play without him, because we certainly can. At least it'll make him realise that we can do things without him, which might be a needed kick up the arse.
Ljungberg 7 - I thought he was energetic and put Hamburg under some difficulty. He tired at the end, but then we have Walcott for that eventuality. ;)

Subs
Walcott 8 - Great show for the amount of time he was on. Did what was needed. That second assist was so mature of him. He could have gone it alone, and I wouldn't have complained if he did, but he spotted not Henry, but Baptista.

Ade 6 - He did what was needed, and caused a few problems here and there. Good to see his energetic running and willingness to get stuck in, breaking up their play, etc.

Baptista 7 - Good to see a headed goal for a change.

kel varnsen said:
a good example, was when eboue hit a long pass into the box in the first half. it was a great pass, but henry started running after eboue had passed ball.

Totally agree. I was livid when Henry didn't get his head to that one. Great cross that deserved a good header, and could well have had if Henry had woken up and tried. I'm usually one who avoids directly attacking Henry, but even I have to admit that he needs to get his head out of his arse and stop moaning about this and that, expressing any of his frustrations in leading the team to win and a few goals, too.

Are you serious??? every footballer knows that when it comes to it, no one is indispensable. duh. and the problem is not just henry playing rubbish and falling (new boots?) in that match, its a lot more complicated. one word, newcastle. the team was playing very well, but the prescenec of thierry is phenomenal for the fans and players and the players even more. very few players on that team could handle it. adebayor tried but made the mistake of trying to be thierryesque, otherwise i think it plays on minds of the players, that no magician, thierry, no one for cesc to pick out, "one ball, thierry its a goal", none of that, it does affect them and i can bet one of my balls that it will affect us against porto. bolton maybe not very much and that is because he hasn't played them very often recently but there will be a difference and the playerswill have to dig in deep and conjure up their own magic(rvp wonderstrike against blackburn last season, anyone)

trisoman

thierryunreal said:
Are you serious??? every footballer knows that when it comes to it, no one is indispensable. duh. and the problem is not just henry playing rubbish and falling (new boots?) in that match, its a lot more complicated. one word, newcastle. the team was playing very well, but the prescenec of thierry is phenomenal for the fans and players and the players even more. very few players on that team could handle it. adebayor tried but made the mistake of trying to be thierryesque, otherwise i think it plays on minds of the players, that no magician, thierry, no one for cesc to pick out, "one ball, thierry its a goal", none of that, it does affect them and i can bet one of my balls that it will affect us against porto. bolton maybe not very much and that is because he hasn't played them very often recently but there will be a difference and the playerswill have to dig in deep and conjure up their own magic(rvp wonderstrike against blackburn last season, anyone)

Quite simply, Wenger doesn't realise when to take off Henry. He knows when to bring him on, that's for sure, but never when to take him off.

thierryunreal

trisoman said:
thierryunreal said:

Quite simply, Wenger doesn't realise when to take off Henry. He knows when to bring him on, that's for sure, but never when to take him off.

no you don't!!! you don't take off a match winner! not the match winner. who do you want standing over a free kick at 90:00 that will equalise? i'd pick henry everyday of the week. who do you want to get (who do you trust enough to handle)the last chance to force extra time for you? thierry. it is just too dangerous. well except when you are 4 or 3 up maybe 2, hardly ever 1 up. if you are comfortable in the match then you can decide to keep the whole squad happy by bringing someone else on.

JMT

i went to this match and the atmosphere wasnt too great... i mean we had a good hand full of arsenal songs... but the hamburg fans are incredible. all respect to them. we won and we play well... from what i saw in the stands senderos was immense in the center of defense, although i still havnt seen the highlights he was the best defender in the first half. and clichy was preety poor.. for example.. you dont run away from a player whilst there running at you with the ball..i cant explain it well.. but he wasnt upto par on a number of occassions..and a number of miss hits, basic mistakes he made.

all in all players that stood out where lil cesc hleb and walcott...and eboue did good too. man or the match....Cesc. 9/10

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom