• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 26/09/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Nothing to do apart from make one or two comfortable saves.

Hoyte - 7 His best game in an Arsenal shirt.

Gallas - 8 Rock. Hope he's okay.

Toure - 8 Completely in control the whole 90 mins.

Eboue - 9 Monster of a game tbh. Defended incredibly well, got forward brilliantly and provided ANOTHER superb cross for Henry to head home.

Hleb - 7 Played great and a really nicely taken goal.

Gilberto - 6 Some awful passing at times but was always comfortable.

Fabregas - 6.5 Not a bad game by a any means but has atleast another gear to reach IMO.

Rosicky - 6 Shooting was disappointing and he lost the ball a few times. Off night, nothing more.

Henry - 8 Great. Looked very lively and interested. I think we'll see that alot this season, his desire to win the CL is bigger than ever.

RVP - 5.5 Lively but that miss, jesus, brings his score down to a 5.5 I'm afraid.

IBL

Established Member
LuKaZan beat me to it :D

Lehman 7 - comfortable

Eboue 8 - immense, great defensively, worked hard and produced another great cross for the goal
Toure 7.5 - Solid as always
Gallas 7.5 - ditto, good work for the second goal
Hoyte 7 - his best game this season, looked quite assured

Hleb 7.5 - industrious, slippery and took his goal well
Cec 6.5 - decent effort, worked his socks off, nullified somewhat by Rosicky
Gilberto 6.5 - comfortable and solid
Rosicky 7 - real livewire, covered lots of ground and passed well
RvP 6 - terrible one-on-one miss, other than that played ok

Henry 7 - getting back to somewhere near his best, well taken goal and one assist to his name, also set up RvP who should have buried it

SUBS:
Freddy 5 - off the pace
Walcott 5 - bit sloppy

Jaden

Re: ARSENAL V Porto ratings

Lehmann - 6.5
Hoyte - 7
Gallas - 8.5
Toure - 8.5
Eboue - 9 MotM
Hleb - 7.5
Gilberto - 6.5
Fabregas - 6.5
Rosicky - 7
Henry - 7.5
RVP - 6.5

Other
Ljungberg - 6
Theo -
Song -

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 6
Hoyte - 7
Gallas - 8
Toure - 8
Eboue - 9
Hleb - 8
Gilberto - 7
Fabregas - 7
Rosicky - 7
Henry - 8
RVP - 6

Seabass

Re: ARSENAL V Porto ratings

LuKaZaN said:
Lehmann - 6 Nothing to do apart from make one or two comfortable saves.

Hoyte - 7 His best game in an Arsenal shirt.

Gallas - 8 Rock. Hope he's okay.

Toure - 8 Completely in control the whole 90 mins.

Eboue - 9 Monster of a game tbh. Defended incredibly well, got forward brilliantly and provided ANOTHER superb cross for Henry to head home.

Hleb - 7 Played great and a really nicely taken goal.

Gilberto - 6 Some awful passing at times but was always comfortable.

Fabregas - 6.5 Not a bad game by a any means but has atleast another gear to reach IMO.

Rosicky - 6 Shooting was disappointing and he lost the ball a few times. Off night, nothing more.

Henry - 8 Great. Looked very lively and interested. I think we'll see that alot this season, his desire to win the CL is bigger than ever.

RVP - 5.5 Lively but that miss, jesus, brings his score down to a 5.5 I'm afraid.

I might nudge Gilberto, Fabregas, and Rosicky up 0.5 or 1 point, but overall i think you've got it spot on. I was particularly impressed by Gallas and his willingness to get forward. While it's still early, he looks like an Arsenal legend in the making.

daniel

Lehman - 6 (little work)

Hoyte - 7 (did well, didn't make any big mistakes and cooperated well with the rest of the team)

Gallas - 7,5 (did very well, but nothing more or less than that)

Toure - 8 (he's been great today, he's a kong of our defence)

Eboue - 9 (had a great game, he was a constant threat and did a great job at to set up the first goal, my MOTM)

Hleb - 7,5 (he was good today and confirmed his preformace with a goal)

Gilberto - 6 (had an average game, nothing special but still secure)

Fabregas - 6,5 (did ok, nothing more)

Rosicky - 6,5 (lost a ball a few times but has shown that he is a hard worker, you could see him all over, but didn't do anything special so...)

Henry - 8 (he did good, but seemed a little unmotivated at times, at least to me. Scored a good header that proved me wrong when I was saying he couldn't or is afraid to head the ball)

RvP - 5,5 (didn't show much, one very bad miss, and overally not good)

Ljungberg - 6 (tryed but he couldn't do much)

Walcott and Song didn't play enough...

_alz_

Ice Berg legend said:
LuKaZan beat me to it :D

Lehman 7 - comfortable

Eboue 8 - immense, great defensively, worked hard and produced another great cross for the goal
Toure 7.5 - Solid as always
Gallas 7.5 - ditto, good work for the second goal
Hoyte 7 - his best game this season, looked quite assured

Hleb 7.5 - industrious, slippery and took his goal well
Cec 6.5 - decent effort, worked his socks off, nullified somewhat by Rosicky
Gilberto 6.5 - comfortable and solid
Rosicky 7 - real livewire, covered lots of ground and passed well
RvP 6 - terrible one-on-one miss, other than that played ok

Henry 7 - getting back to somewhere near his best, well taken goal and one assist to his name, also set up RvP who should have buried it

SUBS:
Freddy 5 - off the pace
Walcott 5 - bit sloppy

Ratings spot on mate.!!
Especially happy to see Hoyte doing so well after being thrown in late notice and his previous performances.

ZanYGooneR

daniel said:
Lehman - 6 (little work)

Hoyte - 7 (did well, didn't make any big mistakes and cooperated well with the rest of the team)

Gallas - 7,5 (did very well, but nothing more or less than that)

Toure - 8 (he's been great today, he's a kong of our defence)

Eboue - 9 (had a great game, he was a constant threat and did a great job at to set up the first goal, my MOTM)

Hleb - 7,5 (he was good today and confirmed his preformace with a goal)

Gilberto - 6 (had an average game, nothing special but still secure)

Fabregas - 6,5 (dod ok, nothing more)

Rosicky - 6,5 (lost a ball a few times but has shown that he is a hard worker, you could see him all over, but didn't do anything special so...)

Henry - 8 (he did good, but seemed a little unmotivated at times, at least to me. Scored a good header that proved me wrong when I was saying he couldn't or is afraid to head the ball)

RvP - 5,5 (didn't show much, one very bad miss, and overally not good)

Ljungberg - 6 (tryed but he couldn't do much)

Walcott and Song didn't play enough...

Yep I agree with that mate, Nice win played superb footy at times and no doubt deserved the win. RVP pfffffffff that's all I have to say.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Lehmann - 6 no goals conceded, but 1 'mad jens' moment which could have been a costly mistake

Hoyte - 6 His best game in an Arsenal shirt., but not convinced yet

Gallas - 7,5

Toure - 7,5

Eboue - 8

Hleb - 6,5

Gilberto - 6

Fabregas - 6.5

Rosicky - 6

Henry - 8

RVP - 5

Ljungberg -6

Walcott ? not enough time to judge.

phil15

Lehman 7- Solid
Eboue 8.5- Terrific performance, expertly coped with Porto's flimsy attack and showed his quality in attack, what a ball for the goal.
Toure 7.5- He might as well have sat down, didn't break a sweat.
Gallas 8- World Class, nothing less.
Hoyte 7- Second half really came on alot, stuck to his job and got forward

Hleb 7- Tremendous goal and tireless worker, take note Freddie
Gilberto 6- You know what you except from him, invisible but solid
Cesc 6- Steady but unremarkable
Rosicky 6- Looked off the pace like on the weekend, strange, but work hard for the team and put a few tackles in, still more than Freddie

Henry 7.5- Slowly coming back to form, in a couple of weeks he will be fully back, another assist and goal.
RVP 5.5- Lacking a bit of confidence, trying to make things happen, but it's not their at the moment.

Freddie 0- **** off freddie you've lost it don't you realise it, shovel up and die at altitude or I will chop off your limbs one by one and feed you to a couple of rottewilers.
Walcott- Absolutely no time whatsoever to make an impact, what's the point Arsène.

Viper

Established Member
phil15 said:
Freddie 0- f**k off freddie you've lost it don't you realise it, shovel up and die at altitude or I will chop off your limbs one by one and feed you to a couple of rottewilers.
Walcott- Absolutely no time whatsoever to make an impact, what's the point Arsène.
You *****.

Eboue..my MoTM....
i wonder if Eboue is a LB...
only god knows..how well the link between Eboue-Rosicky-Henry...

btw, don't Henry look unmotivated? dull?.....

JMT

watch the highlights... its not as tense and you wan watch all the arsenal players. Eboue played well but Fabregas was the matm. absaloutley brilliant. one mistake all game. GREAT play... watch the highlights.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Lehmann - 6
Hoyte - 6
Gallas - 7
Toure - 7
Eboue - 8
Hleb - 8
Gilberto - 6
Fabregas - 6
Rosicky - 7
Henry - 7,5
RVP - 5,5

Gort

Lehmann - 6
Hoyte - 7
Gallas - 8
Toure - 8
Eboue - 9 (MotM)
Hleb - 8
Gilberto - 7
Fabregas - 6
Rosicky - 7
Henry - 8
RVP - 5

Subs:

Ljungberg - 5
Walcott - 5
Song - (N/A - on for too little time to rate)

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady
Top Bottom