• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 26/09/06

SUPER_THEO_WALCOTT

Lehmann - 6.5 solid,reliable
Hoyte - 5 1 good pass but looked sloppy
Gallas - 7 strong and went forward well
Toure - 10 motm strong and powerfull
Eboue - 9 quality power and pace
Hleb - 8
Gilberto - 6 didnt have alot to do but was good
Fabregas - 7 always hussled and won the ball
Rosicky - 6 found space and shot frequaently
Henry - 8 always a menace
RVP - 4 poor should have scored first half

Subs:

Ljungberg - 5 looked o.k was willing to run
Walcott - 5 tried to hard wanted to be a hero
song-n/a

Hearty

Lehmann 6 - Flapped at one corner and nearly let slip Quaresma's shot but otherwise a solid performance and gives assurance to the team. Just a 6 because he had very little to do

Eboue 9 - Top class display, attacking with gusto, defending whole-heartedly against Quaresma. Now thats he's improving on his final ball, he's become an even better RB then before.

Toure 9 - Dominant. Does he ever have a bad game?

Gallas 8 - Excellent. The change to CB was seamless but also showed good nous in helping out Hoyte at LB. Comes forward expertly as well, which showed from his contribution for the 2nd goal.

Hoyte 7 - Not bad. Difficult to find faults- possibly a little sloppy in his passing but the defending, which had been his weak point, was very good. Porto attack wasn't all that however, so harder tests will come.

Gilberto 7 - Didn't get into the game until later on but done his job well. Good tactical player.

Hleb 7.5 - Got plenty of space down the right side and linked well with Eboue. At times, he should have put the ball in early rather then holding onto it and passing could've been better as well. Great goal- more please

Rosicky 8 - all action midfielder and instigator of many of our 1 touch passing moves. Put in a lot of tackles to win the ball back, which surprised me a lot. Would like to see him attack the ball more from crosses

Cesc 8 - Got stronger and stronger as the game went on. Lovely use of the ball

Rvp 6 - Lively and was Arsenal's best attacker in the opening stages. After that shocking miss though, he faded. Hit a few too many non-threatening crosses and doesn't really interact with Henry at all.

Henry 8 - Played central in the early stages and didn't get enough of the ball. I was frustrated that he was standing on the edge of the box too much rather than getting inside the 6 yard area, where balls were being played into. When he did get into the area, he was on hand to head home Eboue's fine cross. Hopefully the Eboue-Henry combination can be a productive one this season. Moved out wide soon after and a class act thereafter.

Ljungberg 7 - more pace, more energy. Done well when he came on. As a starter, he has, overall, a negligble effect on the team; as a sub for a 20 minute cameo- very good.

Walcott - n.a
Song - n.a

qs

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Had little to do, looked dodgy on a couple of crosses

Hoyte - 7 improving with games. Im happy with him.
Gallas - 8 He offeres so much. Great at the back and was instrumental in Hlebs goal.

Toure - 8 Like a rock, as we now expect

Eboue - 9 Ive never seen him so good. His defending and his final ball have been his weak points but last night they both looked amazing.

Hleb - 8 Good performance all round, good goal too. I think he'll score double what he did last season.

Gilberto - 7 Solid again and when he gets forward now he reminds me of Paddy.

Fabregas 7 - Quality, has a great understanding with the players around him, especially his captain.

Rosicky - 8 Did so much work, ran so much, chased down the opposition and made a few great midfield tackles. Blistering pace.

Henry - 9 quality game from Thierry. Loved how he kept humiliating their right back. MAde some brilliant passes scored a good goal. Even got back a bit.

RVP - 2 Did nothing but lose possesion. Wasted a perfect opportunity. Had zero composure and not just in front of goal. COnstantly crosses into the keepers hands when he shouldve held it up or passed along the floor. Tried his parlour tricks a couple of times but made nothing of it. Looked completely out of place in a great passing team. Like the worst of Cronaldo performances.

ACE 14

RC8 Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lehmann - 7

Hoyte - 7
Gallas - 9
Toure - 8
Eboue - 9

Hleb - 7.5
Gilberto - 7
Fabregas - 7
Rosicky - 8

Henry - 9
RVP - 6

Substitutes:

Ljungberg - 6
Song- 6
Walcott - 5

loving the football manager style scoring where you get a 6 for just for stepping on the pitch. song was on the pitch for all of 10 secs how can he possible deserve a 6 and walcott who i reckon did alright maybe tried abit too hard and forgot the ball sometimes. get a 5

asajoseph

Established Member
Only saw the tail end of the first half, and the second as I couldn't get to the pub in time after work to catch it, so can't really give a comprehensive list of player ratings... A few things stood out though -

Toure's an absolute beast at the moment, in absolutely incredible form.

Eboue looks like he's finally learned to cross! Excellent all-round performance, and looked much more convincing defensively as well.

Van Persie was very quiet and disappointing in the half that I saw, although apparently was much better in the first. Shocking miss though.

Rosicky's playing quite well, but his end product hasn't been all that great for the last few matches - is it time for him to get another rest?

Superb goal from Hleb - another 'Arsenal' goal, and that's very positive. Looked good all-round last night, tenacious in defence, influential in attack.

Cesc seems to have ironed out the tendency he's had to give the ball away, which is another positive.

If Gallas is out, especially if Djourou is as well, we're going to really miss him - he's been very important for us over the last few weeks, and has already become a key player.

Qwxp437

Lehman: 7
Eboue: 10 (why not? he has done a perfect job in defence and supported the offensive in a superb way!)
Toure: 9 (he has done his job 100%)
Gallas: 9 (almost like Eboue, almost...)
Hoyte: 7 (some mistakes, but good)

Hleb: 7 (good game, but mistakes...)
Gilberto: 7
Fabregas: 7
Rosicky: 8 (or does he deserv the 9...?)
Ljungberg: 5 (bad performance...)
Walcott: 6 (looked a bit nervous)
Song: - not long enough on the pitch to see something from him

Henry: 8 (good job, bu he can be much better! and run a lot more...)
Van Persie: 7 (nice, really nice, but without luck and some stupid mistakes...)

=> our defence is superb...!

Gryphon

Lehmann - 7, not much to do (again)
Eboue - 8.5, improved his final ball no end and defended brilliantly
Kolo - 7
Gallas - 8 all around defender who says he didnt play like a #10
Hoyte - 7.improved performannce glad to see he took critizism in the right way
Cesc - 7.5. better
Gilberto - 7.
Hleb -8. great work all around and a lovely finish
Rosicky - 7. started well but slowed down a bit later
Henry - 8. One goal one assist relief to see him back
RVP - 7.

Lehmann1

Lehmann - 7, easy game
Eboue - 9, improved his final ball no end and defended brilliantly
Kolo - 8 Excellent as always
Gallas - 8 Superb run for the goal in a another excellent display
Hoyte - 8.Worked hard and some good play going forword.
Cesc - 8. Very good
Gilberto - 7 Solid
Hleb -8. great work all around and a lovely finish
Rosicky - 7. Worked really hard to get back and create more attacks
Henry - 8. Back to his best
RVP - 5 Poor

Legend#1

Established Member
Jens - 7

Eboue - 9
Kolo - 8
Gallas - 8
Hoyte - 7

Hleb - 8
Cesc - 7
Rosicky - 7
Gilberto - 7
Robın - 4

Henry - 8

Freddie - 5
Theo - N/A
Song - N/A

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
- Åñð®éw - said:
watch the highlights... its not as tense and you wan watch all the arsenal players. Eboue played well but Fabregas was the matm. absaloutley brilliant. one mistake all game. GREAT play... watch the highlights.

:lol: Are you for real?

Eboue, Gallas and Henry were head and shoulders above anyone else last night. Although I thought Rosicky, Hleb and Cesc all played some lovely stuff at times.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Sammer said:
I can´t believe Hleb only gets 6.5 or even less, when Freddie gets away with a 6.

Freddie was absolutely aweful, while Hleb was our best midfielder on the pitch - easily an 8 for his superb performance.
Gave the same notes. My 6 for Freddy was kind I admit. The 6,5 for Hleb would have been an 8 if it wasn't for some sloppy passing, especially 2 times when Porto could have had a dangerous break or could have even scored because of that (we were lucky not to have suffered consequences from those mistakes).

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 (didn't have to do much)

Eboue - 9 (great performance offensively and Defensively)

Toure - 8 (always plays at a high standard)

Gallas - 8 (once again a good performance, shame about the injury)

Hoyte - 7 (starting to get his standards back to Arsenal level)

Cesc - 7 (not much input but still probed around as ever)

Gilberto - 7 (didn't notice him, which must mean he did his job well)

Hleb - 8 (good performance, good goal)

Rosicky - 7 (showed some good stuff and also tackled well, was wrongfully booked)

RVP - 7 (did very well but choked when the chance fell to him)

Theo - 6 (looked nervous, tried too hard but didn't have enough time)

Freddie - 6 (did okay)

Song - 5 (came on very late, his versatility will come in handy in the next few matches)

GunneDown

Most of you people probably watched it through link on the net because your either in the wrong country or too dumb to watch it on TV. I agree with Robin marks. I feel he won't make it at Arsenal. As for Helb lovely performance. Very happy with everyone else. they will get even better in time.

Rating Theo.. he was on for 8 mins!! He did make a couple of good challenges, but everone remembers when he lost it.... IDIOTS.

Legend#1

Established Member
Hleb was poor up until his goal, after that he was a confident player and was brilliant.

I also don't understand some of Rosicky's lower ratings, thought he worked his bollocks off and linked up brilliantly.

GunneDown

Legend#1 said:
Hleb was poor up until his goal, after that he was a confident player and was brilliant.

I also don't understand some of Rosicky's lower ratings, thought he worked his bollocks off and linked up brilliantly.

Helb worked his arse off to even before the goal.

Legend#1

Established Member
I didn't say he didn't work his arse off :?

He was misplacing a lot of passes in the 1st half and had a poor 1st half, and was a star in the 2nd.

I don't see any problem with what I said and I stick by my opinion.

kevy

Some of you guys on here are so fickle and stupid that if makes me laugh at times. Most people here are giving RVP rating of 2,3 and 4 just because he missed a shot! get over it, he missed. He played a good game imo, good movement unlucky not to score, I think if he gets a few runs in the team he will become an essential member of the first team.

Stop being so quick to judge.

Hearty

kevy said:
Some of you guys on here are so fickle and stupid that if makes me laugh at times. Most people here are giving RVP rating of 2,3 and 4 just because he missed a shot! get over it, he missed. He played a good game imo, good movement unlucky not to score, I think if he gets a few runs in the team he will become an essential member of the first team.

Stop being so quick to judge.

The low ratings for RVP weren't solely because he missed a shot. His general link-up play was out of sync with the rest of the team and made bad decisions throughout the game( i.e Kept on crossing the ball when it was clear to everyone that no-one was going to attack the ball in the air, thus wasting possession unnecessarily)

He needs to up his game big time. I know he can score outrageous goals and do outrageous pieces of skill but thats not enough. If you want to succeed at Arsenal, you've got to integrate yourself properly with the team and he's not doing that- and hasn't done that properly since he arrived 2 years ago.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom