• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Porto | 26/09/06

Gunner8

Ljungberg was one of the best Arsenal players in the CL Final which was hmmm 4 months ago?
Yeah in 4 months he may have lsot all his pace and touch... :roll:
Of course he's a bit under his common performances but he's still giving 200%.
He's a kind of Flamini which is far from being a Ronaldhinho but you can see him giving his heart out for the team even he's not successful.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gunner8 said:
Ljungberg was one of the best Arsenal players in the CL Final which was hmmm 4 months ago?
He's a kind of Flamini which is far from being a Ronaldhinho but you can see him giving his heart out for the team even he's not successful.

Or maybe after two years of steadily declining performances, he managed to produce a performance worth the name which just happened to be on May 17th 2006. And let's be honest, he ran a lot, he didn't do anything amazingly brilliant against Barca..

patrick42uk

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Gunner8 said:

Or maybe after two years of steadily declining performances, he managed to produce a performance worth the name which just happened to be on May 17th 2006. And let's be honest, he ran a lot, he didn't do anything amazingly brilliant against Barca..

i dont get this. freddie never does anything amazingly brilliant. at least not in his entire arsenal career. he's all work rate, possesion, runs and goals. of course, lets be honest, the only reason he was ever liked was goals. the other facets to his game are only celebrated when he scores. its pretty fickle really. he stops scoring then you get people complaining that he cant beat a man and isnt aesthetically pleasing on the ball. he never has been ffs!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Gunner8 said:

i dont get this. freddie never does anything amazingly brilliant. at least not in his entire arsenal career. he's all work rate, possesion, runs and goals. of course, lets be honest, the only reason he was ever liked was goals. the other facets to his game are only celebrated when he scores. its pretty fickle really. he stops scoring then you get people complaining that he cant beat a man and isnt aesthetically pleasing on the ball. he never has been ffs!

Fickle? I've been saying the same thing for 2 maybe 3 years! How the f'ck is that fickle? I think he scored a few goals the year we went unbeaten, I've wanted him out since before then patrick, I've been fairly clear on this issue.

Gurgen

Established Member
It's true, RtC has always had an irrational hatred of Freddie 'has scored more big goals for Arsenal than any other player' Ljungberg :wink:

patrick42uk

Established Member
you didnt like freddie when he was scoring and assisting the season before last? him not being pleasing on the eye still got in the way? if that isnt fickle i dont know what is.

zievad

Even though I'm sure they're too busy, I really hope none of the players ever read this forum as some of the comments posted on here are truly harsh. Anyhow, I'm sure most of the people on here slagging off players could do a lot better but just can't be arsed?

Christofaux

I would be more then happy to have a player that doesnt perform untill CL final day and is our best.

think of it this way, if he loses the ball and he isnt fouled he goes and tries to get it, he never costs us points, what ifs dont count. We could say what if henry didnt miss 3-4 opportunities a game.

Freddy bleeds arsenal colours (as do most human beings however i mean it in the team passion sense ;) ) and if he becomes and part timer at the club and hes happy with that then im more then happy to keep him, if wenger decides its time for freddy ot move on i reckon he will value wengers and Arsenal's decision and do whats best for Arsenal.

I still believe he will come good.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
you didnt like freddie when he was scoring and assisting the season before last? him not being pleasing on the eye still got in the way? if that isnt fickle i dont know what is.

It's called not liking a player. It's not fickle, actually you'll find it's pretty simple. Maybe irrational as Gurgen says, but it is what it is.

And Christofaux, a player earning 50k p/wk should be able to put in more than the token "biggest night of his life" performance. You think that CL Final performance makes up for the crap displays which were routine from Slaphead last year? Alls I know is I wrote an article about it in the Gooner, people agreed with me and people agreed with me when I aired it here.

the dawn raids

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
he stops scoring then you get people complaining that he cant beat a man and isnt aesthetically pleasing on the ball. he never has been ffs!

but theres a difference between aesthetically pleasing and completely useless isnt there? hes absolutely lost it on the ball; his moves are very rarely, if ever positive. he runs the ball into the corner and then either loses it or passes it straight back; its more like hes wasting time to end the game than actually try to have some solid impact on it. i dont know whats happened to him, but i just cant see what he offers us right now other than work rate.

tola

I think it's obvious you haven't checked the rules of the forum. Post deleted, due to text language.

RtC

highbury_boy

lehmann - 6 didnt have to do much
hoyte - 7.5 best game he's played for the arsenal
eboue - 8.5 superb attacking and defending was quality
gallas - 8 ROCK
toure - 7 good as usual
hleb - 7 good goal
rosicky - 6.5 he was average y'day
fabs - 6.5 didnt do much
gilberto - 6 sloppy
henry - 9 wow he scored with his head again
RvP - 6 what was he doing with that miss?

Lehmann - 7
Hoyte - 6.5(O.K...VERY ATHLETIC BUT HE MISPLACED A COUPLE OF PASSES..NONETHELESS, HE WAS BRILLIANT)
Gallas - 8.5 (experienced and his run for the goal was superb...very similar to the run against sheffield)
Toure - 8.5 (nobody aint getting past this guy)
Eboue - 9 MotM (attacking and defensive..absolutely perfect on the night)
Hleb - 8 (nice dribbles and the goal)
Gilberto - 8(solid..broke down Porto's play)
Fabregas - 7.5 (the lil' temple..he's spiritual on the pitch)
Rosicky - 8.5
Henry - 7.5 (i'm sure Porto's right back just wanted to get off the pitch)
RVP - 6(disappointing by his high standards..the miss but he took 2 great shots)

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom