• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Real Madrid | 08/03/06

Shagin

i was happy with the whole teams performance, espicaly dennis :p

i was over the moon with hleb and eboue. my 2 motm

Smartly Dressed Morris

Hleb seemed to have the ball for 80 percent of the match , my MOTM. Everyone else bar pires was amazing. And that save Lemon did , what a great keeper has has turned out to be. Sorry Arsène we forumsters got it wrong again !

mrsvanpersie

Everyone was fabulous, from what I saw of the match...Well deserved 10 to all those involved...Pha2er, f*ck the poll! :p

nazo

Established Member
Everyone with the 10's but Lehmann gets 15, Hleb gets 14 and Toure gets 13. :p

Noted

lehmann 9 - kept us in the tie a few times. has been quality as of late

eboue 8 - was up and down the right wing all night and made some great runes

senderos 7 - solid

toure 8 - few brilliant tackles

flamini 8 - fantastic for someone who is out of position

gilberto 7 - was very impressed with his passing and movement

cesc 8 - ditto but better

ljungberg 8 - ran his ass off

hleb 9 - seriosuly outstanding . just needs to learn to shoot

reyes 7 - not too bad. should have scored

henry 9 - quality as usual

Asterix

Established Member
Good call pha2er.

Everyone deserves at least 7 or 8. I'll give it a go.

Lehmann - 9 - the save from Raul was world class. To even get back up to be in a position to get his fingertips to it shows his class.
Eboue - 8.5 - how well has this lad come on? He was a RB / attacking midfielder. Great pace.
Toure - 8 - very solid and composed; got forward well too
Senderos - 8 - good positioning; excellent touch to skew the cross over the bar :wink:
Flamini - 7.5 - has adapted well to the position. To keep a lid on Beckham over two games is no mean feat, and he got up and down the pitch well too.
Hleb - 8.5 - consistently beat his man, showed pace and his final ball is getting much better.
Silva - 8 - covered the defence very capably again; executed some very good covering tackles. Probably wasn't a penalty, but I breathed a sigh of relief anyway.
Fabregas - 9 - his passing is just amazing. He hardly ever gives the ball away and knows when to release an attack or play it square.
Reyes - 7.5 - unfortunately I missed the last 15 of the first half catching the bus to work, so I don't know whether to get annoyed at him hitting the bar or not. But he moved well and got into good positions.
Ljungberg - 8 - moved extremely well, harried the oppostion and linked well with Hleb, Reyes and Henry.
Henry - 9 - I said yesterday that Ronaldinho is the best player I've seen in my lifetime. Well, Henry has got to be just about as good. Consistently beat at least one marker and was prepared to shoot on numerous occasions. And I thought he showed good leadership tonight too.
Pires - 6.5 - not involved too much to deserve a higher ranking. Gave the ball away a few times but nearly wrapped it up for us at the end.
Bergkamp - apparently came on but wasn't sighted during his few minutes on the pitch.

Well done the lads. Keeping Madrid scoreless over two legs is a great achievement, but we will need an even greater effort next up. Bring on the quarters!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
10 for all the starting 11...

except 200,000,000 for lehman...

and...

199,999,999 for hleb.

oh i forgot...

999,999,999 for Arsène wenger.

end of.

asajoseph

Established Member
What a bloody amazing atmosphere tonight. Can't be arsed to give ratings, save saying that almost everybody played absolutely out of their skin.

Hleb was my MOTM, but every single player on that pitch deserves credit for a superb performance.

JLo5777

everyone gets a 10. Lehman 3 more.... Raul's goal was destined to go into the net....Without his save, we would have been finished......We have THE best goalkeeper in the Premiership, maybe the WORLD.

Guillermo

Yeah, it was a brilliant performance from all tonight. Special mention must go to Hleb and Toure.

But it's hard to single out players. It's a shame we didn't get a goal, God knows we deserved one...

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Some people who couldn't see the game might actually like a proper reaction, so here goes...

Lehmann - As safe and solid as he has been all season. Commanding on numerous high balls, and some brilliant stops from the likes of Raul, Ronaldo, and Robinho.
8.5 (MOTM)

Eboue - Every bit as good as in the Bernabeu, though this time he raided forward alot more and offered good options on counterattacks. Great performance.

Senderos - As is his wont, Senderos was ropey with ball, but unbeatable in the air. His clearances need improving, as he just seems to hoof it straight back at the opposition even if he has the time to do something more productive.

Toure - Brilliant, and actually charged forward on a few occasions as well.

Flamini - As committed as ever, but Real were probing down his flank to good effect in the second half.

Gilberto - Actually looked good on the ball, and made a superb intervention when fatty was clean through on goal.

Cesc - Neat and tidy in possession, but didn't join the attack as much as he might have. Very very calm in possession in front of his defense. Some of his linkup with Hleb was a joy to watch

Reyes - Worked hard but had a tougher opponent in Salgado. Should've scored one or two, but he seems to have developed a mental block with his finishing

Hleb - I though his performance was head and shoulders above the one in the Bernabeu. Seriously, this guy has some of the sweetest footwork I've seen, and his ability to turn on a dime is a great asset in tight midfield situations. Constantly ran at Real, and gave some great passes as well, though a few went astray.

Ljungberg - Put himself abuot well in both attack and defense, though didn't offer alot of cutting edge overall. A useful counterattacking outlet.

Henry - I thought he gave everything today, and looked as if he might've been playing with an injury. At times he just pissed on Real's defense, taking on up to four players at once. My heart stopped when I thought he'd whipped that strike into the top corner in the 2nd half. Might've topped his goal in Madrid if ti had gone in

SUBS
Pires - Helped keep hold of the ball. I was urging that halfway strike across the line, but alas, it wasn't meant to be

Bergy - Didn't see alot of him tbh

Djorou - Not enough time to comment

kamikaze80

Established Member
Noted said:
lehmann 9 - kept us in the tie a few times. has been quality as of late

eboue 8 - was up and down the right wing all night and made some great runes

senderos 7 - solid

toure 8 - few brilliant tackles

flamini 8 - fantastic for someone who is out of position

gilberto 7 - was very impressed with his passing and movement

cesc 8 - ditto but better

ljungberg 8 - ran his ass off

hleb 9 - seriosuly outstanding . just needs to learn to shoot

reyes 7 - not too bad. should have scored

henry 9 - quality as usual
ill agree with these ratings. im so glad that our missed finishes didnt come back to haunt us. great job to lehmann, toure and hleb.

Gurgen

Established Member
Can't be arsed, but Jens deserves a 10 for that save. That is what determination is really about. Getting up and saying, no you ****s, you're NOT going to score today. Too often has it been lacking in the past in the CL.

Jens Lehmann, Arsenal legend.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom