• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Arsenal vs Real Madrid | 08/03/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 9 Legend. Won't hear anything else said about this man.

Eboue - 9 What a demon he has become since coming back from the African Nations cup.

Toure - 9 Rock. Vital tackle on Zidane.

Senderos - 8 The odd little mistakes as we have come to expect but was solid otherwise.

Flamini - 8 So unappreciated, brilliant performance.

Hleb - 9 Motivated by pure heart, wobbly first 20 mins or so but once they were over he was off and my god everything came through him. Endless possibilties for this lad. It almost brought tears to my eyes.. seriously.

Fabregas - 8.5 Touches and passes of sheer class. Is he really 18?

Gilberto - 8.5 Deserves the credit tonight, was exceptional. Didn't see one misplaced pass and the tackle on Ronaldo was PERFECT.

Reyes - 7 Full of running as you'd expect and was well up for it, but should have scored.

Henry - 8.5 Looked most likely to score and the effort that has been sometimes lacking this season was on show for all. A captain's performance.

Probably a few people will disagree with some of those but I don't give a damn, I am so pumped!!! :lol:

Uri

Lehman - 9 - once in a lifetime save by our keeper.
Toure 9 - Ronaldo who ?
Senderos 7 - was far better than in the 1st leg
Flamini 7 - Reliable player, I wish we had 11 players with his spirit
Eboue 7 - Man I love this kid, great performence.
Gilberto 9.5 - Blocked so many attacks, MOM for me
Ljungberg 8.5 - Was great, was everywhere,
Reyes 7.5 - Damn I wish he could score
Hleb 7.5 - Was very good, damn I wish he could score.
Fabregas 7 - Good performence of his
Henry 7.5 - He was great with the ball, I wish he cared like Fabregas & Reyes.

thank you gooners !

wingontravel

Lehmann, 7 - good solid saves
Eboue, 8 - excellent
Toure, 7 - Solid
Senderos, 7 - Solid
Flamini, 6.5 - Solid
Hleb, 8 - Awesome, but faded in patches
Fabregas, 6 - Quiet
Silva, 7 - Good skills today
Ljungberg, 6 - Quiet
Reyes, 5.5 - Poor, should have scored twice
Henry, 8.5 - Captains performance.

iMc

Lehmann - 9 - Amazing save, but a more than solid performance overall. Kept his temper at bay just enough.

Eboue - 8 - Defensively sound, good going forward. Made some decent covering challanges and clearances.

Toure - 8 - Marshalled the defence well, got stuck in and made many decent headed clearances.

Senderos - 6 - Decent, although looked shakey at times. Solid from crosses except the miskick.

Flamini - 8 - Didn't put a foot wrong from what I can remember, good forward passing and runs.

Hleb - 9 - Powerful runs, great tracking back, incisive passing, great performance.

Fabregas -7 - Determined effort from the maestro, didn't shine as brightly as the 1st leg but did all that was asked of him and played the almost killer final ball more than once.

Ljungberg - 7 - Ran the channels well, can't ask for a more energetic performance.

Gilberto - 7 - Got stuck in well, passing was good for the majority of the game.

Reyes - 6 - Threatened to begin with, looked lively throughout without ever causing massive problems for Real. Missed a sitter.

Henry - 8 - Did well in an almost lone role upfront, played some nice link up play and threatened the goal many times. Tracked back and made important tackles. A much more captain-like performance.

Team Performance - 9 - Gutsy, brave, determined, slick. Everything but a goal. Managed to hang on for once!

Great game overall, best 0-0 draw I've seen for years. :D

KD

Lehmann - 9
Eboue - 8
Flamini - 7
Toure - 9 (MOTM)
Senderos - 7
Hleb - 8
Reyes - 7
Fabregas - 7
Gilberto - 8
Ljungberg - 8
Henry - 8
Pires (sub) - 6
Bergkamp (sub) - 7

Why can't we play like this every game!?!

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens 7 - Class, that save on Rauls rebound was brilliant

Eboue 8 - Excellent going forward and took his opponents out of the game. Keep this up and we've got two brilliant RB's in our squad.

Senderos 7 - Very solid game from Phil especially in the air. That miskick was the only thing that could have ruined his performance

Kolo 9 - **** me this guy is a legend. He took the piss every single time out of that fatlactico. Won everything and was everywhere. You can stick John Terry up your arse.

Flamini 6 - Can't expect him to do much out of position but he did well on Beckham

Hleb 8 - If he can play like that more often we've got some ****ing player on our hands. his ball control is fantastic an improvement on his end product and he will be the business.

Gilberto 7 - Another solid game, defensively strong. Did his job well.

Cesc 8- Another good game, passing was neat and accurate most of the time. Awesome work rate

Freddie 8 - Ran his arse off, a much better Freddie lately he's making good runs through the middle and looks much more effective.

Reyes 7 - Another strong work rate, tried to link up well with Henry. Looked dangerous and should have scored.

Henry 8 - Captain's performance.

Viper

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
Lehmann - 9 Legend. Won't hear anything else said about this man.

Eboue - 9 What a demon he has become since coming back from the African Nations cup.

Toure - 9 Rock. Vital tackle on Zidane.

Senderos - 8 The odd little mistakes as we have come to expect but was solid otherwise.

Flamini - 8 So unappreciated, brilliant performance.

Hleb - 9 Motivated by pure heart, wobbly first 20 mins or so but once they were over he was off and my god everything came through him. Endless possibilties for this lad. It almost brought tears to my eyes.. seriously.

Fabregas - 8.5 Touches and passes of sheer class. Is he really 18?

Gilberto - 8.5 Deserves the credit tonight, was exceptional. Didn't see one misplaced pass and the tackle on Ronaldo was PERFECT.

Reyes - 7 Full of running as you'd expect and was well up for it, but should have scored.

Henry - 8.5 Looked most likely to score and the effort that has been sometimes lacking this season was on show for all. A captain's performance.

Probably a few people will disagree with some of those but I don't give a damn, I am so pumped!!! :lol:
Spot on in my opinion.

Ratinho

Established Member
Jens - 10 - Should really be 11, but i'm harsh and he had one flap in the first half, albeit relatively safe one. :)

Flamini - 9 - This guy has basically tought himself to play at LB, and though clearly not his position, he is so hungry, energetic and commited, you can't fail to love him.

Eboue - 9 - Revelation tbh.

Kolo - 10 - Can't give someone who did literally everything right, anything but 10.

Senderos - 9 - CONCENTRATE!! Because when you do son, and you don't dwell on the ball, you are immense.

Reyes - 9 - Ran his heart out and was incisive and skillful all over the park. One poor chance missed (that was strike 2 yuen fella, then the Bert nonsense) but one error amongst that brilliant display was nothing in the end.

Hleb - 9 - He started poorly, and anyone non-biased could see that. He gave the ball away, and his brilliance on teh ball didn't cover for that. Then, after about half an hour, something clicked. He stopped looking for sharp, longer slid passes, and started to move with the ball and play it simple. In the second half, it was his game to run.

Cesc - 9 - Couple of silly flicks put Real on the break, but aside form that he shows maturity a step above the whining of the likes of Guti and Zidane. Same thing as the first leg, some things just look right on the pitch. He's one of these.

Gilberto - 9 - In a 5 man midfield, he is brilliant. Allowed to do his holding role, with no other responsibilities is his best position, and his breaking up play and simple passing started many a move.

Ljungberg - 9 - We have our energetic bundle of awesomeness back. He looks like he doesn't do that much. Watch it again, and see the ground he covers, the working back he does, and the runs he makes.

Henry - 10 - Captain's performance. Was everywhere, powerful, put himself on the line for his players and his club, and was always so dangerous and full of idea. Finally a captain's performance ALONGSIDE an Henry performance.

Subs:

Pires - 7 - Held the ball up well, but the game was way too fast to pick up the pace, for any player coming on, and gave the ball away in a very silly fashion at the end. :lol:

Dennis - No mark - Simply not out there for long enough

------------------------------------------------------------

Phew. Yep, i'm just about spot on again. :)

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 8.5
Eboue - 8.5
Flamini - 7.5
Toure - 9 (MOTM)
Senderos - 7.5
Hleb - 9
Reyes - 7
Fabregas - 7.5
Gilberto - 8
Ljungberg - 8
Henry - 8

eddie_wills

Without the understandable hyperbole.

Jens 9

Eboue 7.5
Toure 8
Senderos 8
Flamini 6

Hleb 7
Gilberto 7.5
Fabregas 6.5
Ljungberg 6
Reyes 5

Henry 7

Sorry to seem like a spoilsport, but that's how I saw it. What a ****ing win, though. Kudos to how tremendously hard everyone worked.

asajoseph

Established Member
Eddie,

I'm high as a kite, but even tomorrow morning, when my hangover kicks in, I can't believe I'll understand why you gave Cesc only 6.5 and Hleb 7....

IBL

Established Member
I'm going for the f*ck it route too

10 for Lehman: Monster Mad Jens - best save EVER at Highbury?!
9.5 for everyone else

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
LuKaZaN said:

im glad im not the only one who thinks this way.. Lauren, no joke mate, but you might have a hard time winning your spot back if the lad keeps this up... he has improved ten-fold since leaving for the ANC

adjie

KD said:
Why can't we play like this every game!?!
Ask Roman to buy all Galacticos to Bridge :p

Anyway, you all miss one thing folks.
Arsène, if Hleb get 14, you deserve to get 15 :D
Good tactics by attractive football.
In the name of great game, you deserve this.
We have show the world (and to F***ING Chelski)
how to play football. Did you see this MORONHO ?

Also two thumbs up for scouting team. We don't need
to spend millions for Batista, Robinho or Cassano :p
Very much over the moon ... :D

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom