• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 5
Cole - 7
Campbell - 7.5
Toure - 8
Eboue - 7
Ljungberg - 8
Fabregas - 6.5
Gilberto - 7.5
Hleb - 6.5
Pires - 6
Henry - 7

Almunia - 5
Flamini - 5.5
Reyes - 5.5

f4evo

Re: Champs League Player Ratings

Asterix said:
Bloody hell. That sucks, but I'm so proud of the boys. Great fighting effort, just couldn't quite get there.

Jens - 5. Wasn't on long enough, and had to come out, but did he need to pull Eto'o down? Don't know. Hard to judge.
Cole - 8. great covering tackles, got forward a bit too. England should be happy.
Sol - 8. Didn't notice him in defence a lot to be honest, but what a goal.
Kolo - 9. Immense. Fantastic display.
Eboue - 8. We have a real talent here. Kept Ronnie and Eto'o reasonably quiet, and got us our goal.
Freddie - 8. Ran, tackled, got forward. Huge heart.
Cesc - 7.5. Once we went to ten men he was always going to be less effective, but he still held the centre well and got forward when able.
Gilberto - 7. Great defensive effort, and even got forward a bit. Could possibly have found Henry in the second half.
Hleb - 7. Defended well, got down the flanks well. Gave a few passes away.
Pires - 6. Not on long enough.
Henry - 8. We expect him to score those chances. He'll be hugely disappointed with himself. Gave his all though, and can't fault his effort and commitment one shred. the anger we read about yesterday showed itself at the end, but we can forgive him that.

Almunia - 8. Made solid saves, solid in the air. Will be disappointed to have conceded at the near post, but from that distance Eto'o will nearly always score.
Flamini - 6. Ran a lot.
Reyes - 6. Maybe should have been on earlier. Not on long enough.

OUR FANS - 10. F*cking brilliant noise the whole game through.

spot on there

you just need to add
refereeing - 0/10

Tegh

Established Member
albakos said:
shhhoff said:
etoo 10
valdes 10
henry 0
lehmann 10 (cant believe he was sent off)

visca barca!

You can go and eat shhit you fuccking Sp**s gay ass ************... You can only dream of getting to where Arsenal have gone to...
\o/, I think he's a Barcelona fan, but I'm not sure. Either way, we did well against all the odds.

If he's a Sp**s fan, we're fourth, you're not, we've got a nice pay packet, you haven't.

If he's a Barca fan, his side could only beat us 2-1 in the last fifteen minutes when we were a man down.

Jimbo14

lehmann-5, Not on long enough, but i don't blame him

Cole-8, Played really well

Toure-9 Awsome and solid

Sol-9 Brilliant back on form in big ocassion

Eboue-8 a threat all through

lunjberg-9.5 IMO man of the match he played really well,

Pires-6 I Feel for the guy, looked gutted to get subbed in this occasion for that reason.

cesc-8 Was on form, supported the front men well

Gilberto- 7 Defended well and broke down thier attacks

Hleb-7 played well down the right, worked hard.

Henry- 8 I hope he stays shudda scored though and said what i was thinking at the end

Almunia- 7 Kept us in the game rose to the occasion, but got beat at his front post, the second was just unlucky.

Reyes-6 Not long enough to judge

Flammini-6 never quite got into the game.

Ref- -5 Yes that is minus 5 he was s**t, Why on earth did he book henry?? What took him so long to book a Barca player, Let them get away with dives and used no common sence on the sending off of Jens

all-in-all a performance to be proud of, A Gallient 10 men effort

qs

Established Member
almunia - 5 - shouldve saved both goals. wouldve rated him even lower had he not made the save from etoo
eboue - 6 - petulant and a slight lack of concentration
toure - 8
sol - 8
cole - 8
hleb - 7
cesc - 7
gilberto - 8
ljungberg - 10
henry - 9

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Maxx said:
almunia should have saved the first goal. i mean c'mon etoo lined up his shot at the near post, almunia should have been smarter.

the 2nd one went through his legs...poor.
Almunia is **** :x

Tegh

Established Member
How many times have we seen Henry slot the ball into the opposite corner from Eto'o's position? It's far from a simple save. He got a touch on it, but unfortunately not enough. As for the second, that was slammed at him and it slid in off his leg. Don't have a go at Almunia for not saving them, have a go at the two times we switched off in defense (albeit the first was offside) and it cost us.

Almunia made an oustanding save against Eto'o when he turned Sol inside our area, the one he pushed onto the post.

He's not the greatest goalkeeper in the world, sure, but he's far from ****.

nidza7

Established Member
Tegh said:
How many times have we seen Henry slot the ball into the opposite corner from Eto'o's position? It's far from a simple save. He got a touch on it, but unfortunately not enough. As for the second, that was slammed at him and it slid in off his leg. Don't have a go at Almunia for not saving them, have a go at the two times we switched off in defense (albeit the first was offside) and it cost us.

Almunia made an oustanding save against Eto'o when he turned Sol inside our area, the one he pushed onto the post.

He's not the greatest goalkeeper in the world, sure, but he's far from s**t.

agree,we shouldn`t let them get through our defence that easily.Almunia is mediocre,and may came forward for first goal,but i think he was scared to death when he realised he`s coming in.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Tegh said:

He's not the greatest goalkeeper in the world, sure, but he's far from s**t.
Ok then he is shat :lol:

jester

Established Member
if i here another 'henry choked' post i'll scream. he didnt choke, by no means. he set up a goal and he had good chances.
ronaldinho done nothing. NOTHING. henry set up a goal. in the battle of the big 2 henry won.
man to man, i didnt see barca being better. their best player was larrson who is off (i think). eto'o was average and ronaldinho and NO final ball, their other players were 'meh' none stood out. oh and van bommell is a ****

Goalkeeper

I hate it when people blame the goalkeeper.

Eto'o should never have gotten such a juicy chance. Same thing with Beletti. It's the DEFENDER's fault for letting the players through.

1st Goal: First of all, it was off side. Secondly, when Eto'o is 2m infront of goal, there is simply no stopping it. If Alumnia hugged the post, he would have been beaten on the other side.

2nd Goal: An unlucky bounce, but Alumnia made the right decision in trying to make himself big. It worked so that Beletti didn't shoot, but attempted a cross. Unforutunately, took the weirdest mother ****ing deflection off his legs.

Please don't blame Alumnia when you don't blame Lehmann for grabbing Eto'o ****ing ankles. And before you even blame Lehmann for that the defenders made an even larger mistake for his sending off.

People simply do not appreciate how difficult a goalkeeper's job is.

dafish

Lehmann - 5 Did not last long on the pitch and got a red card :(

Cole - 8 Did well to shut down anyone that went his way. Guily, Van Bommel and Ronaldinho included. Did not get forward, but when you have your hands full with the best attack in europe, i'm not asking him to.

Campbell - 8 Scored a goal and also shut down any attack through the middle!

Toure - 8 Did very well to stop some very good players. shut down ronnie before he could do very much. Even tried to get forward with the ball a few times causing some distress in the barca midfield that is not use to an attacking CB. (then again i have not seen this level of skill in a centerback since mattheus and dunga)

Eboue - 8 Did his job well in stoping attacks being launched his way. embarassed Eto so much that they had to switch ronnie back to the wing

Ljungberg - 9 MOTM!!! attacked. defended. causing trouble for barca both front and back!

Fabregas - 7 not his most stellar game, but linked up fairly well, despite being overwhelmed by a midfield that is on par with his ability. was just getting back into the flow of the game before being subbed. :(

Gilberto - 8 some may question my sanity when i rate him higher than cesc, but he did his job better than cesc did his. stuck behind at the back. did not make many big tackles, but you could see how quiet deco was kept as he doesn't drift to the side and had no choice but to deal with the brazilian (poorly). ronaldinho, van bommel and guily tried to attack the middle and between both he and freddy shut them down. how many notice the lack of barca's play going through the middle? even milan had a torrid time keeping them out the center. he was forever there to double team the ball carrier.

Hleb - 6 had flashes of inspiration but gradually drifted away from the match. had a few good runs and even a shot on goal but was mostly invisible in the 2nd half. should've been subbed at or even before the 60th minute.

Pires - 6 lasted as long as Lehmann did, but atleast did not get a red card. i feel for him :(

Henry - 8 not nearly as poor as people claim to be. he made fools out of the barca defenders, and even puyol was run circles around. but the 3-4 chances he had, he should've put away. clean through on goal his finishing let him down. however he did get an assist to sol and well done there. also despite what some blind people say, he ran himself to the ground and not much gas was left in the last 20mins when we needed him most.

Almunia - 7 again some may say i am insane, but he came on in the last second and did a good job. i can't fault him for the first goal. he slipped and many people fail to point that out. made a number of big saves and read the game well. however closing his feet should be the basics of goalkeeping and even belleti could not believe he scored.

thats what makes him only a backup

Flamini - 6 worked hard and defended well, can't fault him that belletti is faster. his last ditch tackle didn't get there on time. however i don't believe wenger should've put him on, as his style is defensive and i can't fault him for taking the slick passing of cesc away.

Reyes - 5 tried to get in the game, but with 6 minutes its too late...

Wenger: overall i think his lack of adaptability is showcased in this match. He has a vision for the beautiful game, and his purchases and team building has brought arsenal nothing but glory. however when things don't go as planned, he is unwilling to make changes except where stamina is concerned. flamini for cesc, reyes for helb. did not change a system where we were undersiege.

Jermaine

ashley cole

am i the only one that saw ashley cole play etoo onside when lehmann brought etoo down? cole played etoo onside it was obvious

Tegh

Established Member
I think you're a Sp**s fan who's still got a bit of that e-coli Lasagne in his system, and as a result it's over-flowing out of your fingers and onto our forum.

Get yourself to a toilet, you messy bastard. He was offside.

Jermaine

no i am a arsenal fan through and through i pissed on the tottenham stadium before :D what a feeling , i do live in tottenham though and i recorded the game on video lol. there is no need to insult me watch the build up again, the reason there were no centre backs tracking etoos run is because they were all inline apart from ashley cole. Cole has been out for a long time so can't blame him he did well overall but it was his mistake that played etoo onside when lehmann fouled etoo of this i am 100% sure :( if you do not agree with me watch the game again or watch it properly first time before you start calling me names :x

Tegh

Established Member
I'm not sure whether or not to believe you, but as that was your first post, you can hardly blame me for perceiving you were a Sp**s fan.

Jermaine

yea thats understandable i have been a lurker for a while but decided to sign up today as nooone mentioned coles major mistake. also if u would like proof just look at the game again then you will see it for yourself. eboue got raped hardcore lastnight did anyone notice how they started etoo on the left to give eboue some problems, i feel he has very poor positioning, all fullbacks get caught out by good balls but everytime they played a good ball down eboues side teh gap between etoo/ronaldinho and eboue when they ran onto the ball was massive. when a good ball was played down coles side the gap between the attacker and cole was not nearly as big as eboue and the attacker, gilbert has much better positioning than eboue it is plain to see

Henry_Pires

Whoever or whatever the **** Sp**s or Barca fans, you do not belong here.

The final outcome- Arsenal still the champions to many people out there.

Barca won because the referee helps them.

We can easily see on the pitch that day, that Arsenal can easily win Barca by 2-0 if 11 vs 11.

Poor poor Barca.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom