• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Henry_Pires said:
Whoever or whatever the f**k Sp**s or Barca fans, you do not belong here.

The final outcome- Arsenal still the champions to many people out there.

Barca won because the referee helps them.

We can easily see on the pitch that day, that Arsenal can easily win Barca by 2-0 if 11 vs 11.

Poor poor Barca.
I agree with you, the spuds are sad bastards who are full of shat literally and Baca are lucky that we only had 10 men we would have put 3-4 passed them otherwise, we showed that Barca are not the best team in the world, they struggled against 10 men if it hadn't been for a few iffy decisions they would not have won.

Rohit

Established Member
Re: ashley cole

Jermaine said:
am i the only one that saw ashley cole play etoo onside when lehmann brought etoo down? cole played etoo onside it was obvious

We had just won the ball and got it out of our defense and before we knew Hleb had lost the ball to Ronaldinhio who threaded that pass to Eto'o within two touches of getting the ball,we can blame Hleb or Gilberto too for a stupid 15 yard pass to the chest of Hleb.

Jermaine

very true rohit but i am just pointing out that cole was the only player not inline. I love arsenal but i am not biased believe we could of beaten them 2-1 or something around that score line. I was shocked to see reyes start on the bench. our best games have been with hleb and reyes on the wings stretching the other teams defence as they are both direct players with pace, so the other team have to double up on hleb or reyes and that opens up the game giving fabregas and whoeva plays with him inthe middle mor space and time

Rohit

Established Member
The game before the sending of was very even and in hindsight Wenger probably realized finally that Freddie is at his best on the left.
Thus Reyes was left out as he was never going to play 4-4-2 nor was he going to play a 4-5-1 with Reyes in the centre.
We dominated the early exchanges and i though Wenger got it spot on.

ken_75

Jermaine said:
am i the only one that saw ashley cole play etoo onside when lehmann brought etoo down? cole played etoo onside it was obvious

no you arent, and some said that he put in a world class performance.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

ken_75 said:
Jermaine said:

Cole did well , but yes he did play Eto'o onside propably wasn't expecting the ball to come back so quickly.

Rohit

Established Member

ken_75 said:
Jermaine said:

That he did,for just his 3rd full game after 7 months out.I know many want him gone,but lets give him a chance i say,he made a mistake,lets forgive him.
Give him a long term contract too,he is by far the best LB in the world and we need world class players.

Rahul

ken_75 said:
Jermaine said:

You mean cole didnt play well or something.What game were you watching?

Fanskb

Hi, 1 1/2 years ago, player from Beveren in Belgiums Jupiler League, now wonderplayer in one of the nice teams of the world in the champignonsliguefinal, RESPECT
EMMANUEL EBOUE, bon attitude Manu !!!!!

Manu We'll never forget you !!!!!!!

Ksk Beveren Fans :cry: :eek:ops: :p

Captain

Established Member
Cole was deeper then the other players but he didn't play Eto'o onside. He would have been onside anyway, he was just too good at times on the night.

Lukazan

Established Member
Captain said:
When the ball was played Eto'o wasn't goalside of Campbell, Toure and Eboue.

I dunno if that is true, but I do remember thinking it was a 50/50 decision before even looking at Cole so maybe if he HAD been inline the linesman would have flagged Eto'o off (rightly or wrongly)..

Lukazan

Established Member
Regardless, I don't blame any of the backline I blame that ****ing incompetent passer Gilberto.... WTF was that?

kel varnsen

Established Member

Rohit said:
Jermaine said:

We had just won the ball and got it out of our defense and before we knew Hleb had lost the ball to Ronaldinhio who threaded that pass to Eto'o within two touches of getting the ball,we can blame Hleb or Gilberto too for a stupid 15 yard pass to the chest of Hleb.

defending 101

zonal defense:

when there is no one pressing the player with the ball, the defenders are supposed to fall back and stay with the attackers. offside traps are, almost exclusively, used when there is someone putting the player with the ball under pressure...

Rohit

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
Rohit said:
Jermaine said:

defending 101

zonal defense:

when there is no one pressing the player with the ball, the defenders are supposed to fall back and stay with the attackers. offside traps are, almost exclusively, used when there is someone putting the player with the ball under pressure...

Did Hleb have the ball ?
No,he took it on his chest and before he could even get it under control it was taken away.
I am not condoning Cole for playing Eto'o offside though,but fact is it was a fcukall pass from Gilberto,can't really blame Hleb,he probably didn't have a chance to clear it.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom