• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Fenerbahçe vs Arsenal | 21/10/08

hackajack

Established Member
Re: Fenebahce Vs ARSENAL ratings

Almunia 8
Eboue 6
Song 4
Silvestre 4
Clichy 4
Denilson 5
Fabregas 7
Nasri 5
Walcott 7
Diaby 9
Adebayor 7

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

Almunia 9
Clichy 7
Eboue 6
Silvestre 4
Song 4
Nasri 6
Denilson 7
Fabregas 7
Walcott 7
Diaby 8.5
Adebayor 6

Ramsey 6.5
Vela -
Considering we won there are a few low scores

lagos

Established Member

j'nuh said:
One of the funniest threads i've seen in a long while. Anyone remember when Arsenal fans liked Arsenal players? Those were the days.

you mean the days when we had proper players?

asajoseph

Established Member

arsenalfc0719 said:
Almunia - 8

Clichy - 6
Song - 3
Silvestre - 3
Eboue - 6

Nasri - 3
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 3
Walcott - 6
Diaby - 6

Adebayor - 5

Seriously, we scored 5 goals. How on earth can you not give a single attacking player more than a 6?

Anzac

Established Member

hesham said:
Almunia 8

Eboue 7.5
Rest of Defense 2
Nasri 6
Denilson 6
Fabregas 7
Walcott 7
Diaby 7.5
Adebayor 6

I'll go with this but give the CBs 5s............

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Almunia 9 he saves us yeterday
Eboue 6,5 did his job.
Song 4
Silvestre 4 he can header but? to slow for us.
Clichy 5 quiet for his game.
Walcott 7
Denilson 4
Fabregas 7 two orgasm pases. and a good game
Nasri 5 was he on the pitch?
Diaby 6,5 looks fine for his first match, but loses the ball to simply.
Adebayor 5,5 good goal, but he was very very quiet for the rest of the match, did his job was alright, but not a splendid peformance.

Ramsey 7
Vela /
Djourou /

MOM Almunia

Feet

Almunia - 9 - We all agree he was excellent. Brave and wonderful decision making to close down on several one on ones.

Eboue - 5 - Got pulled out of position several times when he should have been aware of the opposition players in his zone, but ok for a backup RB.

Silvestre and Song - 5 - Yeah they weren't the best but people need to remember they are very much a make shift CB pairing and as such I thought they played well enough. I reckon they were told to play a high-line by Wenger and use the offside trap and they were disciplined and I think were only beaten twice by Guiza the whole game over many many countless attempts. Silvestre was also generally excellent in the air. Song was worse but then he's gotta be 5th choice CB so what do you expect?

Clichy - 5 - Kinda anonymous going forward since we kinda had 5 in midfield but was solid enough at the back.

Fabregas - 6 - Apart from two through ball assists fro the goals that were frankly gifted to him by a terrible Fener defense, he was pretty quiet.

Denilson - 5 - Still not a DM, was ok but still didn't work hard enough to cut out through balls, shepherd midfielders wide or make blocking tackles.

Nasri - 7 - Held the ball up well, involved in all the flowing passing moves we created in the first half.

Diaby - 8 - Faded in the second half, but in the first we saw everything that's awesome about Diaby, his close control, shooting and upper body strength. He's an AM or Second Striker, that's his position. I don't believe playing his deeper or around the centre circle is where he's best.

Adebayor - 6 - Nice goal and also held ball up well. Apart from that pretty anonymous.

Djourou - 7 - DM? Did well I thought. I'd like to see him pay next to Cesc\Diaby if possible at some point.

Ramsey - 7 - Very good 10 minutes or so. Lovely goal, lovely hard work and bustle, nice attempt at a back heel pass. Very exciting player.

Vela - NA

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Almunia - 8
Clichy - 6
Song - 5
Silvestre - 5
Eboue - 6
Nasri - 7
Fabregas - 8
Denilson - 7
Walcott - 7
Diaby - 8
Adebayor - 7

Subs
Ramsey - 7
Vela - N.A
Djourou - 6

kel varnsen

Established Member

Almunia - 8

Clichy - 5
Song - 3
Silvestre - 2
Eboue - 6

Nasri - 5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 3
Walcott - 6
Diaby - 5

Adebayor - 4

thought adebayor was pretty useless yesterday, but i'll give him an extra point for the goal...

qs

Established Member

Almunia 8

Eboue 7
Song 2
Silvestre 3
Clichy 7

Nasri 7
Denilson 5
Fabregas 8
Walcott 8
Diaby 7

Adebayor 7

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

asajoseph said:
It's amazing we managed not to lose, isn't it....
from what it seems, its not because of anyone but Manny.. if Guiza buried even half of his chances, it would have been a 1-goal game or a draw...

that said, I didnt get to watch the match, but by all accounts, we have Manny to thank for only conceding 2 goals where it could have been 5 or 6...

DC Gunner

Established Member

lagosgooner said:
j'nuh said:
One of the funniest threads i've seen in a long while. Anyone remember when Arsenal fans liked Arsenal players? Those were the days.

So I guess this thread is about how rated our players are , not how rated our players performance yesterday is.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

DC Gunner said:
So I guess this thread is about how rated our players are , not how rated our players performance yesterday is.
I don't particularly rate Diaby but I thought he was great yesterday..but I see Cesc get a couple of 8s so yeh perhaps your right.

Lukazan

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
Why are some of you giving Nasri such a low mark?

I'm wondering why some are giving him such a high mark.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Lukazan said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Why are some of you giving Nasri such a low mark?
I'm wondering why some are giving him such a high mark.
Nasri's mean: approx. 5.67; mode: 6; median: 6. Pretty even so far in the final wash-up.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

USArsenal said:
from what it seems, its not because of anyone but Manny.. if Guiza buried even half of his chances, it would have been a 1-goal game or a draw...
Got to be the worst argument ever made for anything. What if Arsenal buried even half of their chances then? The final scoreline would have ended in double figures.

law

lagosgooner said:
j'nuh said:

It's a funny thread and this reply was the punchline.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom