• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Fenerbahçe vs Arsenal | 21/10/08

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Fenebahce Vs ARSENAL ratings

Klaus Daimler said:
USArsenal said:
from what it seems, its not because of anyone but Manny.. if Guiza buried even half of his chances, it would have been a 1-goal game or a draw...
Got to be the worst argument ever made for anything. What if Arsenal buried even half of their chances then? The final scoreline would have ended in double figures.
glad you think its a poor argument... but no offence, they created just as many chances as us (if not more) and if they had been anywhere near as clinical as we seemed to be yesterday, it would have been a closer game... they outshot us 21-12 and they cocked up 2-3 clear breakaways... Guiza was incredibly wasteful and Manny saved our arses on about 4 occasions..

and Arsenal DID bury half of their chances, that's why we won... (actally, more than half our chances)

the point was, we didnt win the game because of our defence, which was in shambles...

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

USArsenal said:
the point was, we didnt win the game because of our defence, which was in shambles...
We won 5-2, yet Al is running away with the MoTM award. Sums it up really. Smashing result in the end, but you'd have to be Oedipus not to see the defensive problems.

kamikaze80

Established Member

our defence was atrocious. anyone who cant see that is an imbecile because it's a fact. as a defence, the only thing you can control is how few chances you let the other team create. you have no control over whether they actually convert the chances. we got very, very lucky because it easily couldve been 3-3 at halftime and who knows where the match couldve gone from there.

the culprits? the left side of our defence/midfield was weak. silvestre was slow to react and denilson, per usual, lost his marker on numerous occasions. he commits schoolboy mistakes like overcommitting and charging into his man, which makes it easy to simply sidestep him. i cant believe how bad he is defensively. nor can i believe that some of you dont see that. why do you think all their throughballs came from that side of midfield? it's because denilson's horrible marking allowed their midfielders space and time to look up and pick out a run.

then there's song, who played guiza onside twice in the first half alone. i said this after song played against united last season and i'll say it again: he is not a CB. he doesnt understand the position, his instinct is to attack not to defend, his positioning is terrible, he's not particularly good in the air nor is he pacey, and he's not a physical player despite a pretty solid frame. the fact that his mistakes in the limited time he's seen at CB haven't resulted in more goals is pure chance.

hackajack

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
Smashing result in the end, but you'd have to be Oedipus not to see the defensive problems.
What? You'd have to be too busy screwing your mum to bother about the defence? Ahh.... I forgot he blinded himself.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

hackajack said:
AnthonyG said:
Smashing result in the end, but you'd have to be Oedipus not to see the defensive problems.
What? You'd have to be too busy screwing your mum to bother about the defence? Ahh.... I forgot he blinded himself.
Whats with this reply? :shock: :roll:

Kraig

Established Member

seriously... im starting to worry for the quality of posters on the forum these days. Considering one poster thought we only had 10 men starting (no theo apparently!?!?)

almunia - 9

clichy - 6
silvestre - 5
song - 5
eboue - 7

nasri - 6
cesc - 7
denilson - 5
diaby - 8
walcott - 7

ade - 6

subs

ramsey - 6
vela - 5
djourou - 5

good result. i think that silvestre could be very useful once match fit. he wins aerial balls which is something we lack with gallas and kolo. not an outstanding performance but we beat them at home, first time theyve lost at home in 3 years so not all bad.

oh, and whoever posted about when we had 'real players'...

seriously... time to jog on :roll:

raidersoftheark

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
It's all good Clrnc.

Yeah, you should have said Ray Charles or something. I too was wondering about what Freudian issues you might be dealing with.

hackajack

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
AnthonyG said:
Yeah, you should have said Ray Charles or something. I too was wondering about what Freudian issues you might be dealing with.
'Hit the road Jack, and dontcha come back no more , no more'...

kamikaze80

Established Member

almunia - 9
eboue - 7
song - 4
silvestre - 5
clichy - 7
walcott - 7
fabregas - 8
denilson - 5
nasri - 6
diaby - 7
adebayor - 5.5

ramsey - 7

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

almunia - 9
eboue - 6
song - 4
silvestre - 4.5
clichy - 6
walcott - 7
fabregas - 8
denilson - 5
nasri - 6
diaby - 8
adebayor - 4 (purely because surely he should have learned to stay onside by now?)

ramsey - 7

hesham

Established Member

can't understand how Clichy is get 7's. he was poor
Eboue is the only defender that deserves any credit

Feet

Kraig said:
seriously... im starting to worry for the quality of posters on the forum these days. Considering one poster thought we only had 10 men starting (no theo apparently!?!?)

Oops, that was me. I typed that post out in a rush at work and cause I wrote a short reflection on each performance it meant it wasn't easy to see who I'd included in what order. Guess I just forgot about Theo. :lol: :eek:ops:

However I think it's harsh that you completely discount my opinions in the post based on the fact I accidentally missed one players rating, when the rest of the post was generally readable, completely valid and of a reasonable quality (IMO).

Whatever.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

raidersoftheark said:
AnthonyG said:
It's all good Clrnc.

Yeah, well, Freud ruined a lot of things including the true significance of the Oedipian-cycle, but that's a topic for elsewhere. Ray Charles (a watered-down and less pertinent example) it is then. :wink:

Point is our defence needs to step it up somehow.

TomasCR

Established Member

Everyone 0! I had on my ticket it will be a draw after the first half, that we will score no more than 3 goals and Fener will score no more than 1 goal. All wrong, all wrong, could have had some good money, have nothing now.

Silvestre 9, c**t but a nice goal.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom