• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 25/02/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
almunia - 6. meh, ok.

hoyte - 6. decent.

senderos - 5. ok, but played drogba offside once and let him get away once in the box. result: two conceded goals.

toure - 6. very good game, but started fighting and got a red card. stupid.

traore - 5,5. decent, but not really ready.

walcott - 7. kept it simple and scored a great goal. good game.

cesc - 6. ok, but very sloppy passing at times.

denilson - 6. good game, but has to take a lot of the blame for drogba's second goal. giving the ball away there is unforgivable.

diaby - 8,5. excelent performance. covered lots of space, superb dribbling and passing and tracked back very well. MOM

aliadiere - 5. worked hard, but his passing was awful. a lot of our attacking moves broke down because of him.

baptista - 6. meh, ok i guess.

kel varnsen

Established Member
nah, a good first half and mediocre second half, with a terrible ending, warrants said ratings...

Soler

Established Member
Almunia: 7
Hoyte: 7
Toure: 7 (-1 for the fight)
Senderos: 6
Traore: 6.5
Walcott: 8
Fabregas: 7 (-1 for the fight)
Denilson: 7
Diaby: 9
Aliadiere: 6
Baptista: 7

Eboue: 6
Hleb: 6
Adebayor: 6 (-1 for the fight)

Linson

Am sorry but Kel Varsen were you just watching the same game as the rest of us? The youth players were amazing and deserve our full praise. They all covered their ground well and any mistakes can be put down to experience. We definately have a bright future!
Almunia - 6
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Diaby - 9 - brilliant, sheer class.
Denilson - 9 - worked his arse off, creative spark
Fabregas - 9 - worked his arse off, midfield maestro
Walcott - 8
Baptista - 5 - I really can't see his worth without sounding too harsh
Aliadiere - 8 - worked his arse off, real fighter

jay-d

Established Member
Linson said:
Am sorry but Kel Varsen were you just watching the same game as the rest of us? The youth players were amazing and deserve our full praise. They all covered their ground well and any mistakes can be put down to experience. We definately have a bright future!
Almunia - 6
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8

Bap 5 and Ali 8 , f off. I'm not at all in the mood for clueless opinions today learn football.

xxxxxx

Linson said:
Almunia - 6
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8

I know people are going to be shocked here, but I don't agree with your rating for Ali. I thought he was a 6 at best. He gets a 6 for working hard. His passing and touch let him down today. I supposed we can't be too hard on him, he has been pretty good in the last 6 weeks. He had an off game. I agree with your rating for Bap.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia: 6
Toure: 7
Senderos: 6
Traore: 6
Walcott: 7.5
Fabregas: 7
Baptista: 6

Eboue: 5
Hleb: 5
Adebayor: 4

lagos

Established Member
Senderos: 7
Traore: 7
Diaby: 9 MOTM
Baptista: 7

Eboue: 6
Adebayor: 5

Dissapointed with Ade and Toure for losing their composure

Soler

Established Member
While I'm at it I'll do them for Chelsea.

Cech: 8
Diarra: 6
Terry: 5
Carvalho: 8
Bridge: 7
Ballack: 5
Lampard: 5
Makelele: 6
Essien: 6
Drogba: 8
Shevchenko: 6

Mikel: 5 (-1 for the fight)
Robben: 8
Kalou: 6

Linson

jay-d said:
Linson said:
Almunia - 6
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8

Bap 5 and Ali 8 , f off. I'm not at all in the mood for clueless opinions today learn football.

Apart from lose the ball with his ridiculously bad touch and blast a free kick into a wall, what did he do? He is not Arsenal standard, I thought he was about 22 but he's 25 (correct me if I'm wrong) and so I don't think he will be good enough with respect to the younger players we got coming through. As for your last comment I think your head needs to come out of your arse.

famous no 10

Established Member
Kolo: {5, would have been 7 but acted like a **** at the end}
Senderos:6 {would have been higher but for the goals!}
denilson: 7
Diaby: 8
Ali: 6

Eboue: 4 {he really is troublesome}
Ade: 4 {done nothing but get sent off really}

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Perhaps could have done better with Drogba's first goal, had no chance wit hthe second.

Hoyte - 7 Typical Hoyte, unspectacular but did his job well.

Senderos - 5 Bullied by Drogba again unfortunately, and was involved in both Chelsea's goals.

Toure - 7.5 Absolutely solid.

Traore - 6 Did better than I thought he would but as soon as Robben came on the skinning for fun started...

Walcott - 7 Impressive and much better than he has been in recent months. What a goal too..

Fabregas - 6.5 Not as careful with his passing as usual but played very well otherwise.

denilson - 6 Impressive heart and fight but was abit sloppy on the ball at times and gave the ball away for Drogba's winning goal.

Diaby - 9.5 Wow. I'd say a pretty much perfect performance tbh. I don't think he gave the ball away once. Tackled hard, drove forward, made Lampard and Ballack look ****e and was just just brilliant. He went off and the game turned. Sabre, were you watching?

Aliadiere - 4.5 Not really involved much and didn't do anything with a great chance he got late in the second half.

Baptista - 5 Wasted good chances time and time again but always looked a threat. Did he play second half? I honestly didn't see him once!

OneProudGooner

Established Member

Kolo: 7

Senderos: 5.5 Drogba got the better of him again

Walcott: 7 Went past Bridge easily an unusual outlet on the right wing for once.

Fabregas: 6 Closed down Ballack, Essien and Lampard well but gave ball away too many times. Centre backs lacked protection.

Denilson: 7 See above

Diaby: 8 A constant threat

Ali: 6 Worked hard without threatening much

Baptista: 6 First touch was FINE today, linked up well and was threatening. Very good first half disappeared after second along with most of the team.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Despite the outcome I think we can be very pleased with the team today. I didn't think Cesc or Denilson had the best of games, but they still bossed Makelele, Essien, Lampard and Ballack for long periods of the game, which I think tells you something.

That was definitely Diaby's best game since returning from injury. Lets just hope he isn't injured again.

I thought Traore had his best game in the red and white also.

spartan239

Almunia- 6.5 had 1 save to make and did it well couldnt have dont much about the first and the second was unsaveable imo

Hoyte-7 Tracking back was a little suspect at times

Toure-5 Would have been an 7.5 if not for the fight with Mikel

Senderos-6.5 Traling leg and a bit of ball watching for the second goal

Traore-7 Did very nicely going forwards needs to work on his defensive game.

Walcott- 7.5 Superb finish, worked hard and played with confidence gave Bridge a far harder time than he did Warnock

Fabregas- 6.5 (loses a mark or so for the fighting)

Denilson- 6.5 Drifted in and out

Diaby- 8.5 Was out best player today, Vieira incarnate at times, went off with a slight injury anyone know anything abotu that?

Ali- 7.5 Worked very hard, decent performance

Baptista- 5.5 invisible large parts of the match, first touch let him down.

subs-
Hleb-6
Eboue-5 partialy at fault for the second goal, bit rusty
Ade- 4 didnt do anythign but get himself sent off

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 6 - Should have saved the first goal.

Hoyte 7 - Solid.

Toure 7 - Mad but played well.

Senderos 6 - Unlucky against Drogba again, but otherwise solid. At fault for the first goal.

Traore 6 - I thought he was getting into the game when Wenger took him off.

Walcott 7 - Lively game and a brilliant Henry goal.

Denilson 7 - A bit more sloppy than usual, but he always performs above average.

Diaby 9 - Immense. Dominated the has beens in their midfield.

Aliadiere 6 - Worked hard but it didn't come off for him.

Baptista 6 - See Aliadiere.

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia: 6 Made some decent saves though at fault for the first goal

Hoyte: 7 Solid

Kolo: 4 Why react to something so little, he had already got the foul and started a terrible moment for us and he was the captin, should have known better, played a good game and would ahve been a 7

Senderos:6 Drogba wins the battle again but he was better against him not much consolation

Traore: 7 some nice runs

Walcott: 7.5 Glad he got his goal

Fabregas: 6 Poor attitude in the scuffle costs him a point he needs to not always get involved especially in stupid things like that

denilson: 7 Decent game

Diaby: 8 Best player on the pitch whilehe was on, great runningand passing

Ali: 5 An off day today, but tried things all game

Baptista: 6 Slowed the game at times but caused some problems

Hleb: 6 Didn't have much time for impact i

Eboue: 4 Didn't do much still has a bad mentality at times

Ade:3 If he swung a punch that is stupid

qs

Established Member
Almunia: 5
Senderos: 7
Walcott: 7
Fabregas: 8
Aliadiere: 4

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom