• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - LC: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 25/02/07

Mostarac

Established Member
Almunia 6, Traore 6, Toure 8, Senderos 7, Hoyte 6, Denilson 7, Cesc 6, Diaby 8, Walcott 6, Aliadiere 6 and Baptista 5.

DOUBLE-YOU

kel varnsen said:
nah, a good first half and mediocre second half, with a terrible ending, warrants said ratings...

i think the terry injury and diaby coming off disprupted our flow. other than that we played very well.

Viper

Established Member
Almunia 5
Hoyte 6
Toure 8
Senderos 7
Troare 6.5
Walcott 7
Fabregas 7.5
Denilson 7
Diaby 9
Aliadiere 6
Baptista 5

Adebayor 5
Hleb 6
Eboue 6

sam961gunners

I am so proud of the boys, i really am. I was nervous before the game but they were really good, we created numerous chances and were unlucky in defeat. The ref was an absolute joke.

Almunia - 6 could have done better with the first goal but was safe for the majority of the game.

Hoyte - 7 done the business yet again, nothing special but another good performance.

Toure - 8 bossed the defence and led the team very well, a candidate for new Arsenal captain? Could have held in his temper but i don't blame him.

Senderos - 6 i think he had a good first-half but once Drogba really got going he couldent handle him.

Traore - 7 i was a little bit worried about him playing before the game but he put in a good performace, defended better than he did in previous rounds.

Walcott 8 - best peformace in an Arsenal shirt, great run and a great goal. I sure this will lift confidence and will be a good experience in the long run.

Fabregas - 7 his passing was not brilliant today but still a good performace.

Denilson - 7 had a very good first-half, i feel his performace levels dropped in the second but he is still young and like Walcott this experience will do him good.

Diaby -9MOTM outstanding, a real great performace, to be out for 9 months and play like that is amazing. He went off and the game changed, i hope he dosent let the incedent with John Terry affect him too much, it was just a freak accident.

Aliadiere - 6 struggled to get in the game today, he worked his arse off as usual but it came to little effect. He should have passed when Denilson put him through in the first-half.

Baptista - 6 in the first-half i think he played well, he came deep and looked to get involved, had a good shot which produced an great save from Cech. In the second he dissappeard, i think he should have came off and not Ali as he was doing absolutely nothing.

Subs:

Eboue - 6
Hleb - 6
Adebayor - 6

Mark

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8
Diaby - 8
Fabregas - 7.5
Denilson - 7.5
Baptista - 6.5
Aliadiere - 6
Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 4
Hleb - 6

Couldn't be prouder of the lads really. Shame Adebayor did f*ck all when he came on apart from make a **** out of himself, because we could've used a bit more upfront for much of that game. Baptista started well but faded a bit, and Ali wasn't quite as good today, despite his liveliness.

Really pleased with Traore and Walcott, who were perhaps the biggest doubts in a very talented young team, proved their doubters wrong. Diaby as well was excellent, shame he had to go off.

Lev

Almunia - 6 Decent, not sure why his foot was off the floor for Drogbas first, but thats just being picky

Hoyte - 7 Helped Theo down the right, and had a good game at the back.

Toure - 7 Decent game, positive play and commanding at most times. Disappointed to lose him for 3 games, but we all said he needed a rest right?

Senderos - 6.5 Quite a good game, and dealt with Drogba better than he used to. Was outjumped by Drogba for the 2nd, but i put that down to Drogba the player rather than Senderos' mistake

Traore - 6.5 Got caught out a few times, and Chelsea tried to exploit it in the 1st half. Looked strong on the ball, but still young

Walcott 8 - Brilliant, he deserved a performance like this. What a goal, what a game. If reports that shoulder surgery after this game will keep him out for the rest of the season, then we should all be cursing out luck

Fabregas - 7 Lost it at the end a little, but overall his usual type of performance, apart from a few misplaced balls. Otherwise, a good game

Denilson - 7 Fought for the team, was good on the ball and distributed well. Looking foward to teh future with this guy CM

Diaby - 8 Brilliant today, the ball stuck to his feet, and he ripped apart Lampard and Ballack all game to name a few. Nearly took Terrys head off, but completely accidental

Aliadiere - 6.5 Run his heart out today, but couldnt get into the game enough. Maybe a bit of wrong decision/indecision from him today cost us openings, but i still rate him highly.

Baptista - 6.5 Was good first half, good passing, and a good shot. Disappeared in the 2nd half.

Subs:

Eboue - 6 Didnt have time to get into the game
Hleb - 6 Chilled out a little, but maybe needed more time to get into the game
Adebayor - 5 Came on, got sent off. That sums his day up perfectly (although from what iv seen he did nothing to warrant a red)

Timleaf

Established Member
As far as I'm concerned Fabregas was by far the best player on the pitch. His overall contribution was immense.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lev said:
Traore - 6.5 Got caught out a few times, and Chelsea tried to exploit it in the 1st half. Looked strong on the ball, but still young
Traore will be a very good player, both as a defender and a winger. His first touch and ball control look promising, not to mention his pace. All he needs now is games.

On one scene I found Traore was tender funny when facing Robben. Robben was dribbling forward and Traore just kept stepping back. Well credit to him as he managed to kept his balance and facing towatd Robben despite nearly stumbling a few steps. But what's point in running back and conceding space for Roben to exploit. Traore racing so quickly backward even other holding midfielders like Diaby couldn't catch him and Robben. Traore should have pushed up to force Robben to slow down a bit so that Diaby or Denilson could track back to help.

Another thing is, what happen to the old school idea of forcing opponent to his weaker side? Robben is left-footed so why Traore showed him a left channel? I also found Djourou shares this sort of defensive indecision.

j'nuh

tactica442 said:
On one scene I found Traore was tender funny when facing Robben. Robben was dribbling forward and Traore just kept stepping back. Well credit to him as he managed to kept his balance and facing towatd Robben despite nearly stumbling a few steps. But what's point in running back and conceding space for Roben to exploit. Traore racing so quickly backward even other holding midfielders like Diaby couldn't catch him and Robben. Traore should have pushed up to force Robben to slow down a bit so that Diaby or Denilson could track back to help.

Not sure if youve ever played football, but if a very skillfull players is running towards you its generally considered **** to race towards them and dive into a challenge.

FrankArsenal

jay-d said:
Linson said:
Am sorry but Kel Varsen were you just watching the same game as the rest of us? The youth players were amazing and deserve our full praise. They all covered their ground well and any mistakes can be put down to experience. We definately have a bright future!
Almunia - 6
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Diaby - 9 - brilliant, sheer class.
Denilson - 9 - worked his arse off, creative spark
Fabregas - 9 - worked his arse off, midfield maestro
Walcott - 8
Baptista - 5 - I really can't see his worth without sounding too harsh
Aliadiere - 8 - worked his arse off, real fighter

Bap 5 and Ali 8 , f off. I'm not at all in the mood for clueless opinions today learn football.

To be honest I thought Ali did better than Bap. And I don't except Baptista to be here next season. He has said many times he wants to stay here but his footy should do the talking. For me it an easy choice between Ali (Free) and Bap (10M+?)... I think Ali did better as he did against Bolton. Bap just got the headlines because of the Liverpool game... and Ali greated all his goals in that game.

BannedKwame

Mark said:
Almunia - 6.5
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 8
Toure - 7
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8
Diaby - 8
Fabregas - 7.5
Denilson - 7.5
Baptista - 6.5
Aliadiere - 6
Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 4
Hleb - 6

Couldn't be prouder of the lads really. Shame Adebayor did f*ck all when he came on apart from make a **** out of himself, because we could've used a bit more upfront for much of that game. Baptista started well but faded a bit, and Ali wasn't quite as good today, despite his liveliness.

Really pleased with Traore and Walcott, who were perhaps the biggest doubts in a very talented young team, proved their doubters wrong. Diaby as well was excellent, shame he had to go off.
closest to my ratings. except traore gets a 6.5, Diaby gets a 7.5, and Cesc gets an 8

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Watched the itv highlight. This is the second time Eboue put on 'the' act. Yes Bridge provokingly flap teh ball away from Eboue's hand, and yes Eboue fell for it with a retaliation puhnch on Bridge's head. Then I saw the thing I hate most on Eboue - Bridge went down adn Eboue knew something was going to heppn so he went down as well. FFS! Why can't he just take a card like a man!? He did similar stupid act in Anfield and he just did it again.

I hope Arsène can have a serious word with Eboue. Really.

fab4girl

Almunia - 6.5
Hoyte - 7
Traore - 6.5
Toure - 6(reduced for the card)
Senderos - 6
Walcott - 8
Diaby - 8
Fabregas - 8
Denilson - 8
Baptista - 6
Aliadiere - 6.5
Eboue - 6
Adebayor - 6(didnt deserve the card)
Hleb - 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - Not exactly at fault for the goal, but had better performances throught the CC campaign

Hoyte - 7 - Clearly better as a RB than a left
Toure - 7 - Solid, should not have started a fight over such a small matter, affects our season now.
Senderos - 6 - Screwed up and got punished for it. Is it just me or we really need a stronger defender arieally, like Vidic ?
Traore - 6.5 - i hate going into decimals but he played well until Robben came on, ah well ! He'll learn from that hopefully

Walcott - 8 - Best performance from him in an Arsenal shirt. Great goal as well - beautiful finish
Fabregas - 7.5 - Played well and lead the team on - touched to see him wear the armband in the end. Did he start the fight ? or was it Lampard ?
Denilson - 7.5 - Good performance - Hes ready
Diaby - 9 MOTM - bossed the show, who thought his injuries would have finished him off ?

Ali - 6 - Started brightly and worked hard
Baptista - 6 - Same

Firstly, really said to see Terry banged up like that.
Secondly, Fabregas lost his head toward the end, partially to blame because he slid in for no reason and thereby left Eboue exposed.

Eboue - N/A
Adebayor - I think he went for the wrong left back, Hey Ade !!! Cole was on the bench :twisted:

Adebayor - 6(didnt deserve the card)
Kidding right ?
Ade flattened Bridge !!

Hleb - 7 - Kept the ball well, but dont think we needed him at that point, Rosicky would have been better :?

Jameel46

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5

Traore - 6.5
Senderos - 6
Toure - 7
Hoyte - 7

Diaby - 8.5
Fabregas - 8 (true leader of the side, nearly strangling that **** lampard :thumbup )
Denilson - 7.5
Walcott - 7

Aliadiere - 7.5
Baptista - 7
--------------------
Eboue - 6 (lucky to stay on but can't blame him as he was provoked)
Hleb - 6
Adebayor - 6 (wrongly sent off)

Jameel46

Established Member
Gooner T said:
Fabregas - 10. For having up Lampard! Loved it.

yeah, that was great, but people will obviously not mention that Lampard was the one that made it bigger than it should've been as he is one of the golden boys of england

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom