• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

otfgoon

Established Member
Lehmann - 5 - didnt have much to do, looked like he was at fault for the goal, and sounds like it from what I have heard.

Hoyte - 6 - doesnt look comfartable at left back.

Djourou - 6 - Fairly solid, no glaring errors.

Toure - 7 - Did well as always

Eboue - 6 - Did alright, but I was hoping for more bombing runs ala last season. Decisions were a bit off, shooting when a cut back would have been better, or cutting back when a shot would have been better.

Ljungberg - 6 - Lots of effort as usual, but didn't look fit.

Cesc - 7 - solid. Dont think the deep defence helped him.

Gilberto - 7 - Was great for me, once again he gets a crucial goal like he did several times last year. Was good on the ball dispite what the idiot sitting next to me said.

Ade - 5 - SHOOT DAMMIT. Not creative enough against a solid villa defence.

Henry - 5 - Doesn't look anywhere near fit. Well off the pace (literally),
SUBS

Flamini - 6 - not much to say.

RVP - 6 - Could not really get into the game.

Walcott - 8 - Theo :) Was great when he game on, created several dangerous situations, and linked up with titi well. Can easily play as a winger.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 6 - not much to do but could possibly have done better for the goal

Eboue 7 - got into great positions, made the keeper work but also made some poor decisions

Toure 7 -Solid

Djourou 7 -Looked assured

Hoyte 6 -looked ok, offer nothing going forward though

Freddy 7.5 - typical gutsy Freddy performance, not the most technically gifted but gaved it everything

Cesc 6.5 - great first half but faded in the second

Gilberto 6.5 - scored an important goal again for us, bit sloppy at times but did ok overall

Hleb 6.5 - again, strong first half but couldnt do much against the packed Villa defence

Henry 6 - well below par, lacked sharpness and drive

Ade 7 - strong showing, had 2 efforts cleared off the line, worked his socks off

SUBS:

Theo 7 - great debut, utilised the extra space on the wings, gave the defence problems
Flamini 6 - ok
RvP 6 - hardly got into the match, one great cross though

sabret00the

Established Member
I really on saw the last ten minutes of the first half and the second half and of what i did see, holy ****ing cow Henry was disappointing. Honestly speaking if it was upto me, i would've brought him off while i understand that once he's in the swing of things he's a monster he clearly wasn't today and he cost us atleast a goal with his overplaying, not to mention everyone kept on looking for him which is no ones fault but theres and not his but still i felt the game would've taken a more positive rounded turn in his absense.

I see some people gave Freddie MOTM, i honestly didn't see that in his game and so i feel i really can't even being to give any player ratings. Theo was great bar the decision to try and play in Henry and van Persie didn't look confident at all, considering he just got a goal mid-week that's ****ing ludicrous what is going on there? Adebayor ran well imo and the midfield lacked shape again. There's a few improvements to make, but ultimately when you're at home looking for a winner with 10 minutes to go you do not look for the perfect goal, you strike it like there's no tomorrow when there's an opening.

go49oner

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Aston villa : Player ratings

ashwin_eats said:
Was disappointed with the way we played. Just kept passing the ball around to much and no body wanted to shoot.

Lehmanm - 6 . didnt have much to do
Eboue - 7 . made good runs forward but final delivery wasnt up to the mark.
kolo - 7 had a okai game but looked solid.
djuroue - 6.5 plyed well.
hyote - 6 had an average game.
jlunberg - 7.5 looked like the best player till he got substituted. Ran all over the picth and did very well.
gilberto - 7.5 played really well and scored the vital goal to draw us level.
cesc - 6.5 had an okai game.
hleb - 5.5 didnt do much today. held the ball a bit to long and played towards the center rather than the wing.
ade - 6 began well but did pretty okai.
henry - 6 didnt have match fitness and lacked sharpness.

flamini - didnt have any thing to do.
rvp - same didnt have much time to do anything.
theo - 7.5 did really well and helped to get the goal. ran at defenders really well and got pace into the game.

Gilberto for me was the man of the match .

u gave cesc a 6.5. :shock: did we watch the same game. he was excellent today. i would give him at least 8 or 9.

my man of the match

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Will not bother rating the players just some comments on those I think deserve it

Freddie: MoTM IMO, so active and it reminded me of old times. Great to see him in such a good form even if he tired out, he was very intune with Henry and let him roam to the left as he pleased. His problems are that the passes for him to run comes too soon, he should ust do a quick run from a little bit outside of the box, but there isn't a Dennis :cry: there anymore. Now Cesc controls our game and he works from much deeper.

Kolo: MAn I excpected him to score when he burst forward.

Ade: Great movement of the ball and only bad luck stopped him from scoring more then once.

Eboue, makes the wrong descisions sometiems but he is a burst of energy. Must be a bit more careful thou otherwise he will take unneccesary cards

Theo: What is there to say really. No nerves what so ever, great pace and control

bigfish

Lehmanm - 5 only had to do 1 thing all game and cokd it up
Eboue - 7
kolo - 7
djuroue - 6
hyote - 5 showed us why we need ashley cole.
ljunberg - 7
gilberto - 6 didnt do much apart from score the equaliser
cesc - 7 dissapointing game
hleb - 7
adebeyour -3 heap of junk
henry - 6 lost his touch and fitness today.

robin - didnt realy have chance to do much.
theo - 8 excellent debut

oh and on top of these ratings. Please give -3 points to every player in the penalty area when the goal was conceded as it was poor poor poor defending.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
cesc a 9..now your crazy...we didnt even win the match ffs...
its all wengers fault we need more ampth so as far as im concerned its his problem

Cruisio

Established Member
bigfish said:
Eboue - 7
kolo - 7
djuroue - 6
ljunberg - 7
hleb - 7

theo - 8 excellent debut

oh and on top of these ratings. Please give -3 points to every player in the penalty area when the goal was conceded as it was poor poor poor defending.

Dude, how was Adebayor worse than Henry? Seriously

bigfish

well i realy dont like him as a player i think hes rubbish to be honest so im biased. I dont think hes up to or ever will be upto the standard of a top premiership club.

Bazza19

lehmann- 5.5 didnt have anything to do and was partly faulted for the goal

hoyte- 5 didnt look great left back

djourou- 6.5 played alright

kolo- 7 came out of defence well

eboue - 8 played really well

hleb - 6.5 ok in some parts but wastful in others

cesc - 7 good first have and good second have

gilberto- 7 played well and scored goal

ljungberg - 8 worked hard and look treatning

henry - 4 he was a joke today,didnt try and touch was poor

adebayor - 6.5 looked good and done a lot of hard work

subs flamini didnt have enough time to do something
persie-6 didnt get a chance
walcott- 6 wasnt crap at all like the media would have us to believe

Cruisio

Established Member
So, despite the fact he twice caused Villa problems and nearly scored (he made them clear off the line twice) plus he worked hard in the 1st half, did NOTHING for you at all?

Also, if your admittedly biased, then you should say so in your player ratings

bigfish

only a 6 for wallcot? i think he was fantastic in the little time he played for his first ever premiership appearence. He done everything asked of him and couldnt of done more.

bigfish

yea ade worked hard but he had no final product and he never has done and i dont think ever will have that little bit extra to make him a good player.

Bazza19

its hard to rate walcott but he really impressed me in the 15 mins he got, and captain god thierry really disappointed me, he passed the around a lot around the villa box and he just didnt seem at the races

sabret00the

Established Member
bigfish said:
yea ade worked hard but he had no final product and he never has done and i dont think ever will have that little bit extra to make him a good player.
but you're not judging ade's career or as a prospect, you're judging his game today and he was CLEARLY better than Henry today.

Mulberry21

Mad Jens - 6 (overall he was OK but, sadly, he was pretty much to blame for the goal. I also thought he looked a bit nervous, like he didn't particularly trust his defense, probably due to Djourou and Hoyte's presence. Bah. I trust Mad Jens, he'll bounce back.)
Eboue - 7.5 (very very good, for a defender to create so many opportunities to score was pretty impressive. Still, he could and should have scored at least once. That said, he looked like he was in great condition and at times he was everywhere. Great game.)
Toure - 6.5 (steady, nothing too bad but nothing impressive either. Not his usual self, drowned in the mediocrity that was our defensive line.)
Djourou - 6.5 (hm. Mediocre. Didn't convince me, to tell you the truth, but overall he's a decent back. Today, not particularly.)
Hoyte - 5.5 (he played? Where was he? I know he played in a different position and all, but still I felt he was the main reason our defense appeared flaky. I hope he'll improve.)
Ljungberg - 8 (I was really happy with his performance and, especially, his attitude. It was the old Freddie, the Freddie who went for the goal, who made the runs in the box and was confident enough to shoot. He didn't score but, watching him, I didn't feel like I felt last year -"he's never going to score"-, I thought "damn, that was close. Never mind, he'll get the next one in". Very promising, I'm looking forward to the day he'll be completely fit.)
Gilberto - 8 (wonderful. He pulled through for us, and was dominating in the midfield. His positioning was great and his experience shone through, a very good game for him and I'm glad to see him in good shape, we'll need him.)
Fabregas - 7 (very good, he was involved in most of our attempts to score and, as always, you couldn't tell he was just 19 from the way he played. He wanted to score but couldn't, and I felt he got a bit frustrated by the end of the game. Still, very steady and had some great touches)
Hleb - 7.5 (loved him. Fantastic with the ball, he made most of Villa's defense and midfield look like fools. He also had some great passes. Brilliant, except for his inherent inability to, you know, SHOOT. Classic Hleb. Seriously, if he starts shooting on goal he'll be the best player on the team. Extremely lively, his presence was crucial.)
Adebayor - 5 (Bad. Like, really bad. It was a bad day for him, usually he's not that, well, inexistent, but he really was a waste of space today. He didn't do anything positive, and he missed a few chances to score.)
Henry - 5.5 (I really don't get the way he- and we- played today. We were circling the penalty area and, seemingly, trying to pass the ball so as to allow someone to shoot. Problem is, there was NO ONE there. Only Freddie actually stepped in the box -like, twice. But I digress. Titi was trying to, I don't know, create opportunities for Adebayor? Huh? He also wasn't fit, but his attitude could have been a little bit better. He looked resigned from the minute the second half started.)

Theo - 7.5 (AWESOME. Ready. Willing. Great skill, he was the only one who looked like he could actually threaten our opponents. The future is bright. Amazing debut. Well, OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but I really found his presence exciting. No small feat. Note that I wasn't a Theo lover before, in fact I found the fascination with him a bit silly. Well, I sure am a Theo lover now.)
RvP - 6 (Didn't like him. I really thought he'd make something of the minutes he played, but that didn't happen. He had some good moments, but he didn't change our team significantly, as opposed to Theo. Yay! Ahem.)
Flamini - 6.5 (classic, solid, reliable Flamini. I have a soft spot for him, he works hard and he's always there for the team when we need him, as he was today. Didn't really have much to do, but he did what he had to.)

Man of the Match: Mellberg's beard. Damn.

Jimbo14

I think Everyones, being a little harsh on hoyte, from where i was sat he didn't look too bad, he didn't have much to do, made some tackles, and did very little wrong.

Theo Wallcot changed things for us, showed drive and determination when we needed it and was our best striker today when he came on.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
bigfish said:
Eboue - 7
kolo - 7
djuroue - 6
ljunberg - 7
hleb - 7

theo - 8 excellent debut

huh?

you're not referring that to your post aren't you?

ade may not seem the typical arsenal player but even henry himself said that he loves playing with adebayor because ade provides henry space to roam and someone to pass in the box...

your other rating is quite spot on though...

cheers

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom