• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Aston Villa | 19/08/06

pg1989

Lehmann 5
Eboue 8
Hoyte 6
Djourou 7
Toure 7
Ljungberg 8
Hleb 7
Fabregas 7
Gilberto 8.5 MOM
Ade 7
Henry 7

Subs
Flamini 6
Rvp 6
Walcott 8.5

PaulDavis

Starting 11s:

Lehmann - 5
Hoyte - 5
Djourou - 6
Toure - 6.5
Eboue - 6.5
Hleb - 5.5
Gilberto - 6.5
Fabregas - 7
Ljungberg - 6.5
Henry - 5.5
Adebayor - 6

Subs:

RVP - 5
Walcott - 6.5
Flamini - 5.5

pg1989

PaulDavis said:
Starting 11s:

Lehmann - 5
Hoyte - 5
Djourou - 6
Toure - 6.5
Eboue - 6.5
Hleb - 5.5
Gilberto - 6.5
Fabregas - 7
Ljungberg - 6.5
Henry - 5.5
Adebayor - 6

Subs:

RVP - 5
Walcott - 6.5
Flamini - 5.5

Come on we weren't that bad! :wink:

BannedKwame

I find these ratings amusing, because if we had sneaked another goal the average rating around here would be 8 for each player, which would of course be completely false.

Lehmann --Nothing to do. (6)
Eboue -- Attacked well, and should probably have scored. (7)
Toure -- Not at his imperious best. (6)
Djourou -- His development has been a joy to watch. Not much to do. (6)
Hoyte -- Anonymous (5)

Cesc -- Composed passing in the first half, disappeared in the 2nd. (6.5)
Gilberto -- Timely interceptions and tackles, especially in the first half. Nice goal. (7.5)
Hleb -- Energetic and direct. (7.5)
Ljunberg -- Excellent first half, was clearly tiring in the 2nd. (7)

Henry -- Tried unsuccessfuly to do something good. (6)
Adebayor -- Should have scored, but still worked very hard for the team. (6.5)

RvP -- anonymous; or rather, noticeable for the bad things he did (5)
Walcott -- Nice energy, and was composed despite the moment. (7)

Gothics

Couldn't agree with some of the ratings given here. Can't believe that Gilberto has an average of about 7.0 - 7.5 here. Yes, he scored the equalizer but throughout the game, his passing was poor. He was caught napping a couple of times and he seems slow at times. Apart from the life saving goal, he did not contribute much overall. My rating for him is at 6.5. Cesc was full of running and dictating play well. Showed superb maturity and has improved on his physical strength greatly. Rating at 8.5

kooldawg

Established Member
i think we've all seen that Ade has problems finishing, hopefully he works on that aspect of his game, but otherwise, even though we played well and dominated the game, its the scoreline that counts. I'll give everyone a 6 except Gilberto, he gets a 7 from me :p

Uri

i'll rate the ones i remember :
lehman - didnt have much to do, but the goal can be considered to be his fault...so 5
eboue - 7.5 was great
hleb - 6, i expected much more from him
fred - 8 was great, attacked alot. i'm so glad he was that good
thierry 6.5 - could have done better. as funny as it sounds, he passed the ball too much (i oftenly have this feeling about him)
theo - 7.5 wonderkid. well done
adebayor - 4.5. just lost the ball again and again and again
cesc - 6.5 looked very confident, as always
hoyte and dioru and kolo were good, they did not have much to do.

good game by us. this way of playing will get us good results and a good season.

good luck

Uri

oh and gilberto - 7.5, gave us the goal, and did his job on the best side, as always.

Gothics said:
Couldn't agree with some of the ratings given here. Can't believe that Gilberto has an average of about 7.0 - 7.5 here. Yes, he scored the equalizer but throughout the game, his passing was poor. He was caught napping a couple of times and he seems slow at times. Apart from the life saving goal, he did not contribute much overall. My rating for him is at 6.5. Cesc was full of running and dictating play well. Showed superb maturity and has improved on his physical strength greatly. Rating at 8.5

I totally agree

pg1989 said:
PaulDavis said:
Starting 11s:

Lehmann - 5
Hoyte - 5
Djourou - 6
Toure - 6.5
Eboue - 6.5
Hleb - 5.5
Gilberto - 6.5
Fabregas - 7
Ljungberg - 6.5
Henry - 5.5
Adebayor - 6

Subs:

RVP - 5
Walcott - 6.5
Flamini - 5.5

Come on we weren't that bad! :wink:

i know .it should be

lehmann-6
hoyte-4.5
djourou-7
eboue-7.5
toure-6
hleb-5.5
fabregas-7
ljungberg-6
henry-0.5(he performance was completely unexpected he was not even shown in the game for a long time)
adebayour-6.5
gilberto-6

walcott-7
RVP-5.5
flami(did not play too much)

Gooner for 60 years

Anybody see TH smile yesterday? Gave me the impression he was in sulk mode. "AW where are those players you promised me?" or "I just had some of the spud's lasagne" ...whatever, he was a sad figure and should have been subbed before Adeb. who despite his failings was creating opportunities. Fred, Cesc and Manu all impressive...wish Manu would learn from the Iceman and calm down a bit at the final pass or shot.

Gooner for 60 years

Well we played a lot better against Dinamo and there's not much difference between them and Villa imo. So with everyone trying to play TH in instead of going on their own/having a dip...and TH "in a mood" apparently...hardly surprising. If I was AW, (I should be so lucky) I would have pulled him instead of Adeb. Theo? The old saying, if they're good enough, they're old enough. AW has made very few mistakes with the kids in the past, so I'll respect his judgement that Theo was good to make 15 minutes. (Mind you, if he'd switched him for Thierry at half time, that would have been good too!)

enki

in all of this we should not discredit villa. in the context of the player trying to impress their manager it was always going to be tough. the ultra defensive nature of their play meant that any team would have difficulties breaking them down. we should have shot more from distance but arsenal just does not play like that. if villa prove troublesome the other big teams it might put the result in context.

enki

in all of this we should not discredit villa. in the context of the player trying to impress their manager it was always going to be tough. the ultra defensive nature of their play meant that any team would have difficulties breaking them down. we should have shot more from distance but arsenal just does not play like that. if villa prove troublesome the other big teams it might put the result in context.

Senght

Lehamann 5 - Reminded us of his errors and weakness when dealing with crosses. Bad error

Toure 7 Was solid

Djourou 7 Steady and solid

Hoyte 6 Got beaten a few times and looked weak against physically stronger opponents

Eboue 6.5 Did well to get into many dangerous positions but did not capitalise on his chances.

Ljungberg 7.5 Was one of our best players till he was substituted. Full of running and energy

Hleb 7 Full of trickey and his passing was generally accurate

Fabregas 7 Held his own against the stubborn and physical Villa midifield. Looked very strong physically

Gilberto 7.5 Good goal, bailed us out of jail

Henry 5 Looked tired, not sharp, out of match fitness. We need him back

Adebayor - 6.5 Missed several good opportunites to score but played well generally holding up the ball and laying off.

Subs:

van Persie 5 What was he doing?

Walcott 8 Good cross, crazy pace and good skill on the ball. Looked like a real prospect

Flamini 6 Didn't see him much. Remembered one mispass from him though

Arsenal_4eva_14

Get off this bloody Hleb bandwagon, What did he do? Nothing what so ever, it is annoying me no matter how **** he plays people say he did well!

I thought Cesc was fantastic and im his big critic, Eboue did well and people bagged his final ball but he rarley had anyone to aim for causing him to shoot unwantedly 2 times. Adebayor was lively and my opinion continues to rise with him!

mjp81

otfgoon said:
Eboue - 6 - Did alright, but I was hoping for more bombing runs ala last season. Decisions were a bit off, shooting when a cut back would have been better, or cutting back when a shot would have been better.

Agree with you completely there, Oftgoon... Oh hang on, that'll be because you copied and pasted my entire post and changed about 3 words. You even had the cheek to leave entire paragraphs in word-for-word eg. Eboue, FFS!

Type your own mate.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom