• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn | 23/12/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7. made a number of terrific saves.

hoyte - 6. played fairly well. would like to see him go forward a lot more.

clichy - 5,5. caught out of position a few times, but made a few good runs as well. decent.

toure - 6. ok, but wasn't able to impose a real, proper structure on the back four.

djourou - 5,5. decent, but a bit all over the place at times.

hleb - 7. good game, but should have scored another goal.

gilberto - 7. scored a good goal and played well, but gave the ball away a few times.

cesc - 9. MOM. superb game. unlucky not to score, but dominated the central midfield.

rosicky - 8,5. a good first half and a very good first half. unlucky not to score and should have had at least 3 assists today.

adebayor - 8. didn't succeed in everything he tried to do, but his movement off the ball has become very, very good. he really is a team player. he wants to find open space and create passing options for whoever has the ball. worked hard as well.

van persie - 7. i'm glad he scored two goals, because up to that point he didn't really play well. his passing game was too slow and sloppy and his finishing was all over the place. redeemed himself in the final 10 mins.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann: 7
Hoyte: 6
Clichy: 7
Djourou: 6
Toure: 6
Hleb: 8
Cesc: 9
Gilberto: 8
Rosicky: 8
Ade: 8
Robin: 8

Flamini: 7
Walcott and Baptista: n/a

Linson

Jens-7
Hoyte-7 - best Ive seen of him, comfident and mature he had a good game today.
DJ-6 -standard stuff mainly
Toure-7.5 -inspirational, should be vice captain imo
Clichy-6
Hleb-7
Cesc-8.5 - absolute midfield maestro, he composed the whole game
Gilberto-8 - should be captain
Rosicky-8 - showed flare but once again an annoyingly unlucky finishing skill.
Van Persie-7.5
Adebayor-8.5 - great team player, could become cult favorite like this.

dos1986

Established Member
Jens 7 Made some great saves could have done better for the 2nd goal

Hoyte 6 Best ive seen him going forward great pace and understanding with hleb,his judgement of crosses was terrible though but he did quite well we didnt miss eboue.

Djourou 6 Only for his pace and power he would have cost ous many goals but he will improve.

Toure 6 Did well for 80mins but was very nervous and jittery after blackburn scored although this was probally down to having to constantly watch Djourou and Hoyte

Clichy 6 Played well has great pace but he never seems able to stop dangerous crosses coming in.

Hleb 8 Brillant man of the match imo

Cesc 8 The way he made a fool of that **** Savage was priceless

Gilberto 8 A very close call between himself and Hleb for mom he was everywhere a great captain.

Rosicky 8 Beautiful the way he glided past his man and linked up with cesc and Ade

Van Persie 8 lovely goals and a real threat all day himself and Ade compliment each other well hopefully Arsène gives them time

Adebayor 8 Ran his Arse off and showed the skill I never thought he had his pace and movement was brillant,loved it when he done a thierry on the left touchline and left his man for dead

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 8 - Saved our arses numerous times.

Hoyte 7 - Solid performance, crossing was generally poor.

Toure 6 - Given a torrid time by Bentley of all people. Can do much better.

Djourou 5 - Very poor at reading the game. Hope he doesn't take as long as Toure to figure out this part of football.

Clichy 6 - Dribbled a bit too much and caught out of position for their second goal.

Hleb 8 - Great stuff from him, shame he got tired later on.

Cesc 9 - Gave the ball away for their second goal, otherwise I'd have given him a 10. Was fantastic in the middle and proved once and for all that he doesn't need extra protection (I hope).

Gilberto 7 - Invisible apart from another vital goal.

Rosicky 8 - Good game from him, excellent movement off the ball and good passing as well. Unlucky not to score.

Van Persie 8 - Involved in four of the six goals. Not everything he did came off but he decided the match with a brilliant piece of skill. His link up play is excellent now, let's hope he finds his finishing boots soon.

Adebayor 9 - Wanted to give him the full score but he missed a sitter in the second half. Apart from that he was excellent. Turning into some player this guy. Works very well with RvP too,

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:

Djourou 5 - Very poor at reading the game. Hope he doesn't take as long as Toure to figure out this part of football.

Clichy 6 - Dribbled a bit too much and caught out of position for their second goal.

Cesc 9 - Gave the ball away for their second goal, otherwise I'd have given him a 10. Was fantastic in the middle and proved once and for all that he doesn't need extra protection (I hope).

Rosicky 8 - Good game from him, excellent movement off the ball and good passing as well. Unlucky not to score.

Van Persie 8 - Involved in four of the six goals. Not everything he did came off but he decided the match with a brilliant piece of skill. His link up play is excellent now, let's hope he finds his finishing boots soon.

Adebayor 9 - Wanted to give him the full score but he missed a sitter in the second half. Apart from that he was excellent. Turning into some player this guy. Works very well with RvP too,

Spot on, apart from the RvP rating - good game, but he should have scored much earlier. 7 for him.

Regarding Clichy, he would get a 7 from my - I thought he did quite well.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
I had to watch the game twice (actually, I only wanted to watch that incredible Cesc skill at the 92nd mn) to make the ratings, what a game!

Jens: 6 - A bit shaky but also made a few saves that kept us in the game.
Hoyte: 7 - Meh, he was ok.
Toure: 6 - Looked very nervous and shaky, not the typical Kolo Toure.
Djourou: 6 - Average.
Clichy: 5 - Good pace, poor footballing brain.
Hleb: 8 - Solid.
Gilberto: 8 - Another captains performance.
Fabregas: 9 - Ole! what an incredible talent. He's got great skills, he nutmegged Savage haha take that you c**t. He had a great game, he was everywhere. Incredible talent
Rosicky: 7 - goals, we want more goals from you, honey.
RVP: 8 - Good goals, such tricky feet.
Ade: 8.5 - Gets everyone into the game, a team player nowadays, definitely not the selfish player that he once was when he first arrived. The new Kanu? Nope, he's Emmanuel Adebayor and watch this space because he's going to rock the world!

lagos

Established Member
Gurgen said:

I actually thought clichy was quite good today at least a 7 and djorouu deserve a 6, otherwise I concurr

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Clichy got caught out of position too many times, and left gaping holes on our left-hand side. Also his final ball when attacking was generally very poor.

americanarf

Established Member
Re: Arsenal - Blackburn, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
lehmann - 7. made a number of terrific saves.

hoyte - 6. played fairly well. would like to see him go forward a lot more.

clichy - 5,5. caught out of position a few times, but made a few good runs as well. decent.

toure - 6. ok, but wasn't able to impose a real, proper structure on the back four.

djourou - 5,5. decent, but a bit all over the place at times.

hleb - 7. good game, but should have scored another goal.

gilberto - 7. scored a good goal and played well, but gave the ball away a few times.

cesc - 9. MOM. superb game. unlucky not to score, but dominated the central midfield.

rosicky - 8,5. a good first half and a very good first half. unlucky not to score and should have had at least 3 assists today.

adebayor - 8. didn't succeed in everything he tried to do, but his movement off the ball has become very, very good. he really is a team player. he wants to find open space and create passing options for whoever has the ball. worked hard as well.

van persie - 7. i'm glad he scored two goals, because up to that point he didn't really play well. his passing game was too slow and sloppy and his finishing was all over the place. redeemed himself in the final 10 mins.

Cant fault any of them, i just can't wait until we have our first choice defence back because we need more stability at the back.

Jameel46

Established Member
Lehmann - 7.5

Clichy - 7
Djourou - 7
Toure - 6.5
Hoyte - 7

Rosicky - 7
Gilberto - 7.5
Fabregas - 8
Hleb - 7.5

Adebayor - 8.5
Van Persie - 7

the subs didn't really have much time, so there's no point rating them

entropy13

Established Member
Lehmann: 8.5
Hoyte: 8
Clichy: 7
Djourou: 7
Toure: 8
Cesc: 9
Gilberto: 8
Rosicky: 8
Adebayor: 8
van Persie: 8

Walcott: 7 (default)
Baptista: 7 (default)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 7.5 - i can recall at least 3 superb saves

hoyte 6

toure 6.5 - i don't think the first one was a penalty

djourou 6 - didnt withstand the pressure and got suck up very easily

clichy 7 - okay getting forward

gilberto 7 - his goals sparked a revival

hleb 8 - magnificent, but must be more selfish. who says he cant finish? that was a great goal

rosicky 7.5 - the difference he makes to our squad is tremendous

cesc 8.5 - midfield maestro

rvp 7.5 - 2 goals. killed off any critics

ade 8 - what a peformance once again

subs
walcott n.a
baptista n.a
flamini 7 - got a goal

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Jens-8
Hoyte-7
DJ-7
Toure-7
Clichy-7.5
Hleb-8
Cesc-9
Gilberto-8
Rosicky-8
Van Persie-7.5
Adebayor-8.5

Gunner4life09

Lehmann: 7
Hoyte: 5
Clichy: 6
Djourou: 5
Toure: 6.5
Cesc: 8.5
Gilberto: 7.5
Rosicky: 7.5
Adebayor: 8.5
van Persie: 8

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Jens-7
Hoyte-.5.5
DJ-5.5
Toure-6
Clichy-6
Hleb-8
Cesc-8
Gilberto-8
Rosicky-8
Van Persie-7
Adebayor-8.5 MOTM

Make your opponent look like a lumberjack trophee:
1. Cesc v Savage WHOAA! that was fun
2. Hleb v Todd
3. Robin v Ooijer

Mr Wolf

Yes Oojer is really embrassing, like he was in all the previous games. In the minor English categories there are thousands defenders of that level.
Our MOTM were Ade and Cesc, without doubt. Considering his young age, Cesc can really become the best midfielder in the world.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom