• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Blackburn | 23/12/06

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Mr Wolf said:
Yes Oojer is really embrassing, like he was in all the previous games. In the minor English categories there are thousands defenders of that level.
Our MOTM were Ade and Cesc, without doubt. Considering his young age, Cesc can really become the best midfielder in the world.
Ooijer hasn't settled at all at Blackburn. He does much better when he plays for Holland (aslo against quality opposition). seems he can't run a defence himself, must be missing Alex.

Cesc is magnificent. Most complete young midfielder in the world.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens - 7 - Made some good saves, expecially on Bentley.

Hoyte - 6 - Did well going forward, a bit shaky in defense.

Kolo - 6 - Not the best of days for Kolo. I feel he gave Bentley too much room which also lead to the Pen.

Djourou - 6 - Also looked lost at times. Needs to anticipate much better.

Clichy - 7 - Made some great runs going forward. Would have gotten an 8 but was caught out for their second goal.

Hleb - 8 - Great game. Would have capped off a great move had he shot rather than passed when he had that chance.

Gilberto - 7 - Mopped up as usual and got in the act with a goal.

Cesc - 9 - The vision and passing at times was truly world class. Capped off by making Savage look like an even bigger ****.

Rosicky - 8 - Very good game. Unlucky not to score but it was good to see him get into those positions.

RVP - 8 - Upped his rating with his goals. His link up play was what we expect from our forwards and he did that well. Great move for his first goal.

Ade - 9 - Outstanding. Work rate, vision, passing and his running through the channels was Henry- esque. Keep it up son.

Jameel46

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Kolo - 6 - Not the best of days for Kolo. I feel he gave Bentley too much room which also lead to the Pen.

i think it was obvious that it wasn't a penalty, Bentley was the one that pulled kolo down and at the same time bentley also fell over, an advanced kind of diving from bentley yesterday

M+D

Established Member
Antbody want to guess how many Arsenal players got into the Team Of The Weekend?
Zero, none, no-one, nothing, nought.
How pathetic is that. And guess who's up front? Andy Johnson and Emile "the donkey" Heskey. There wasn't even a place for Cesc.

stuart

Established Member
That is pretty pathetic for none of our boys to get in the team, let's be honest here, o.k Heskey scored twice but he ran around like a big donkey all day, no joke, there is no skill whatsoever in that man :) Van Persie mightn't have been brilliant but he scored twice and from what i have seen played a much better game than him, for Cesc not to get in his ridiculous, my moment of the day had to be him killing Savage for the last goal!! He beat him about 3 times :) magic

Who was in the midfield??

stuart

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
KingReyes said:

i think it was obvious that it wasn't a penalty, Bentley was the one that pulled kolo down and at the same time bentley also fell over, an advanced kind of diving from bentley yesterday

Your right, it seemed to me like Bentley had a hold of toure and pushed him to the ground, Kolo did nothing, it was a poor decision, Bentley celebrating that penalty made me sick

athreya74

Lehmann - 7
Hoyrte - 6
Toure - 6.5
Djourou -6
Clichy - 6.5
Gilberto-8
Cesc-9
Hleb-8.5
Rosicky-7.5
RvP-8
Ade-9

Cesc and Ade, my MoTM. Hleb's goal and RvP's second goal were brilliant. Possibly our best collective performance since the Reading away game.

Buhry

Established Member

I think it was a penalty. Kolo didn't pull him to the ground, but he hit the back of bentleys legs as he ran(probably unintentionally), and when someone hits the back of your legs like that its hard not to fall over.

So Kolo makes him fall over and robs him of a goalscoring opportunity, and its thus a foul imo, even though he probably didn't intend to trip him.

Jameel46

Established Member
Buhry said:
I think it was a penalty. Kolo didn't pull him to the ground, but he hit the back of bentleys legs as he ran(probably unintentionally), and when someone hits the back of your legs like that its hard not to fall over.

So Kolo makes him fall over and robs him of a goalscoring opportunity, and its thus a foul imo, even though he probably didn't intend to trip him.

you obviously need to take a closer look at it, did you not see bentley pull Kolo to the ground? but bentley went over as if he was fouled which he wasn't

Chips&CurrySauce

Dear oh dear. Of course it was a penalty.. Kolo was wrong side of Bentley and any kind of contact will result in a penalty.. I'm not saying Kolo deliberately fouled Bentely but the legs did tangle and since Kolo was behind Bentley the ref had no other option..

KingReyes

Established Member
Exactly Chips. There as much shirt pulling from Kolo as their was from Bentley. Kolo tried to make up for Bentley going pass him and ended up putting in a clumbsy challenge.

Jameel46

Established Member
may be you guys should take another look at it, you should also try wearing glasses while looking at it

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Have seen the incident a few times , a definite penalty . I would be incredulous if the ref didn't give it and it was an arsenal attack.

Jameel46

Established Member
celestis said:
Have seen the incident a few times , a definite penalty . I would be incredulous if the ref didn't give it and it was an arsenal attack.
we're talking about the blackburn penalty, not the Arsenal one

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Jameel46 said:
celestis said:
we're talking about the blackburn penalty, not the Arsenal one

Yes, I know we are , and if RVP or Ade were brought down in similar fashion , I would be incredulous actually I would be ropeable , if an penalty was not awarded.

KY

Established Member
I would agree it was a definite penalty, a rare clumsy challenge by toure.happens to the best of them.

RC8

Established Member
In the subject of penalties...

Did anyone see the clear penalty that was made over Flamini in the second half? The Blackburn player tried to steal the ball from him, but Flamini shielded it very well, and as a consequence the Blackburn player kept running without the ball and brought him down. Flamini, as the good sportsman that he is, did not fall easily, nor did he ask for a penalty, but had he fallen and made a meal, deservedly, out of it, we would have been awarded a penalty.

It was an awkward moment, I felt angry and proud at the same time. Looking at it in retrospective, I'm glad it was not given. Did anyone see this? Or do you think it was not a penalty?

lee1001

Established Member
Actually after watching the incident quite a few times, Bentley is pulling Toure's shirt which makes him fall.

IMO boith players were infringing each other it was just that Bentley had half a yard on Toure which made the decision go against us.

silky

Chips&CurrySauce said:
Dear oh dear. Of course it was a penalty.. Kolo was wrong side of Bentley and any kind of contact will result in a penalty.. I'm not saying Kolo deliberately fouled Bentely but the legs did tangle and since Kolo was behind Bentley the ref had no other option..

True, he could have blown Bentley for the foul first, afterall it is christmas :D

But.......erm..........yeah.........penalty.....

silky

Gurgen

Established Member
lee1001 said:
Actually after watching the incident quite a few times, Bentley is pulling Toure's shirt which makes him fall.

IMO boith players were infringing each other it was just that Bentley had half a yard on Toure which made the decision go against us.

Yup, Toure only fell down because Bentley pulled him down.
The foul should have been given in our favour.

Doesn't matter now anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom