• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

mistaz23

Offy said:
I Thought gilberto deserves motm today, was outstanding! with his new anchoring role and letting fabregas roam!

The eboue, Hleb and Fabregas triangle! Awsome! 10 10 10 !

Since when has this role been new? Please enlighten me...

sabret00the

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
sabret00the said:
Robin van Persie (7) constant threat, made good runs, and got all the fans wet
[/i]

did he have a water gun or something? youd think it would be hard to run around the pitch with one of those things. :wink:
that's what you'd think, but he had the over the shoulder strap on ;)

vinny_60

lehmann:
one of his easiest games of the season. 6

eboue:
offers a lot lot more than lauren attacking-wise, and also solid when defending. hope his performance won't dip like senderos did at the beginning of the season. 7

toure:
solid again. he is our fabio cannavaro. tidy and committed performance. 7

senderos:
one of his better performance this season. still has to learn how to distribute the ball better. 7

flamini:
at this rate he really should be going to the world cup..playing left back though..great stamina and commitment. another great piece of management by Arsène wenger. 7

hleb:
his ball control is second to none in the premiership. his passing can improve but in my opinion that is partly because he is STILL getting used to the arsenal style of passing. pacy, clinical and clever. 8

fabregas:
this boy has been outstanding for the last month or so. so calm and always able to make room for himself. is not the fastest physically but definitely one of the fastest mentally. great football brain and just kept passing through charlton's three-men midfield. 8

gilberto:
did well today against a midfield who offered little penetration against us. still can't avoid giving the ball away though..what has happened to him after vieira's departure? missing a bone in his foot? 6

pires:
a different player nowadays, but can still offer us calm and decisiveness in an inexperienced midfield. when playing against a less physical opposition, he can still be useful, like he was today. 7

adebayor:
fantastic work-rate. i personally don't think he gets enough credit in this forum since he works hard, he creates space well and he is always in good positions to score even though he doesn't put all of them away. 3 goals in his bag already, still 21 and the most important thing is he makes space for henry and fabregas to create. 8

henry:
just a genius, but he was a bit too cheeky today where he could've cracked a few in from long range but opted to do a clever pass which turned out to be a waste of opportunity. but he has been great since playing up front with adebayor. 7

subs:
bergkamp-classy touches and calm passes. 6

van persie-great to see him back. looks sharp. 6

song-looks even slower than gilberto both mentally and physically. wenger should've brought walcott on the bench instead of him because today was a good opportunity for theo. 5

good team performance, personally feel that we were only in third gear today. the next three weeks are cruical for our season. an away match at portsmouth which won't be easy and juventus matches sandwiched by man utd away. cannot afford to lose any of them.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Okay here goes:

Lehmann 7 --Nothing to do

Eboue -- 6 Not as effective as usual

Senderos 7 -- Solid on most occasions

Toure -- 8 Went for an 8 because he is consistent

Flamini -- 6 Can tell he isnt used to playing there but solid neverless

Hleb -- 9 Class when he has space to run into like todays game. Well Done more of the same please.

Fabregas -- 8 Brilliant again in the center. Passing was superb and bossed the midfield.

Gilberto -- 8 Did the job he is asked to do.

Bobby Pires -- 8 Completed an excellent team move with a classic Bobby finish. As well as completing an excellent midfield display

Adebayor -- 8 Caused trouble from the start, would have got a 9 if he had finished more decisively

Henry -- 9 Nothing more to say. La magnifique!

Overall- Top notch performance at home. Lets hope we can kill off Pompey early like we did to Charlton today to end any away day nerves.

joetsang

Agree with Captain. van Persie is NOT going to take the place of Adebayor (except of course in CL matches) based on their CURRENT form.

Almost everyone says Adebayor needs to improve on his finishing. Yes true. But have you thought about it the other way round? Adebayor translates most balls to him into reasonable scoring opportunities!

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
mistaz23 said:
Offy said:
I Thought gilberto deserves motm today, was outstanding! with his new anchoring role and letting fabregas roam!

The eboue, Hleb and Fabregas triangle! Awsome! 10 10 10 !

Since when has this role been new? Please enlighten me...

since he said he wanted to emulate vieira's role when paddy left us...

gilberto's clearly not a box-to-box midfielder..

i'm glad he realized that he plays best when he acts as the anchor...

his tackles may be woeful sometimes but he actually slows down the opposition's gameflow and gives our boys to reorganize their positions and strengthen our fortress..

man i'm loving gilberto since the madrid game at bernabeu..

some of us including me called him fisherman earlier this season because all he did was laying his foot like a fishing rod but now meh...

he's a whale hunter (apologies to any animal activist here :D )

Zico

Established Member
I had a hard time picking MOTM yesterday which bodes well for this team. Most impressive for me were, in order, Hleb, Fabregas, Henry, Adebayor and Eboue.

I was always scared that Arsenal would lose its cutting edge with less than three of the Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira and Ljunberg alliance playing. The last few days have shown that new players are stepping up and our total football lives on.

On Adebayor. He is lovely. I was pessimistic at first, but he has some excellent lay offs, holds the ball up well and exhibited exquisite control in slipping the ball into the net as he fell to ground. Perfect form on his first half header that went just wide of goal as well. If we keep Henry, there is no need to add to the strikeforce of Henry, Adebayor, v Persie (and Walcott/Reyes) next season.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
quincy42 said:
I had a hard time picking MOTM yesterday which bodes well for this team. Most impressive for me were, in order, Hleb, Fabregas, Henry, Adebayor and Eboue.

I was always scared that Arsenal would lose its cutting edge with less than three of the Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira and Ljunberg alliance playing. The last few days have shown that new players are stepping up and our total football lives on.

On Adebayor. He is lovely. I was pessimistic at first, but he has some excellent lay offs, holds the ball up well and exhibited exquisite control in slipping the ball into the net as he fell to ground. Perfect form on his first half header that went just wide of goal as well. If we keep Henry, there is no need to add to the strikeforce of Henry, Adebayor, v Persie (and Walcott/Reyes) next season.

i miss your avatar :lol:

lutaayam

joetsang said:
Almost everyone says Adebayor needs to improve on his finishing. Yes true. But have you thought about it the other way round? Adebayor translates most balls to him into reasonable scoring opportunities!

You deserve a medal for noticing that. I've been pre- occupied with that same thought. You're almost as intelligent as me. Congs mate.

Lehmann1

Lehmann - 6 Comfortable

Eboue 7 Another superb display

Toure 7 Solid alongside Phil

Senderos 7 Glad to see him playing at the standard he set himself last season

Flamini 7 Another good game by Matty. Has done a top job.

Hleb 9 MOTM A excellent display. He looks like the ball is stuck to his feet

Gilberto 7 His form has really improved of late.

Fabregas 8 Brilliant

Pires 7 Took his goal well

Adebayor 8 Very good display. Took his goal well and could of scored more

Henry 8 Top stuff. Although he didn't score was still excellent

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom