• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

Ratinho

Established Member
Jesus, you didn't answer anything because it's not a maths forum. Kel answered him. I can tell you're gonna be fun.

Viper

Established Member
Can't rate the players because I couldn't see the match, but it sounded like Fabregas, Ade, Hleb and Henry had great games.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Sky Sports' ratings:

Jens Lehmann
Nothing to do 6

Emmanuel Eboue
Tidy at the back and good going forward 7

Kolo Toure
Easy day 6

Philippe Senderos
Solid 6

Mathieu Flamini
Impressive 7

Alexander Hleb
Excellent 8

Francesc Fabregas
Bossed the midfield 7

Gilberto
Battled hard 7

Robert Pires
Back to form 7

Thierry Henry
Pulled the strings 8

Emmanuel Adebayor
At the centre of everything 9

sabret00the

Established Member
South_London_SW2 said:
NO YOU LISTEN "MATE"

i was helping out sabret by answering his question.
dont but in if you aint got nothing good to contribute to the convosation
in order t help me by answering the question you'd have to move to norway and change your name, as stated i wanted to know what Kel's full number ratings were as i personally don't beleive in half marks, it's that simple.

I wish they'd hurry up and ban you.

Ratinho

Established Member
No reason to ban him, at all.

Annoying me will not be a banning, unless I get really jaded. :lol:

longrufus

Established Member
Lehmann 6 - did nothing

Eboue 7 - quietly impressive, has formed a great partnership with Hleb, Lauren will find it difficult to get back in the team

Toure 7 - solid

Senderos 7 - solid

Flamini 7 - good all round performance

Gilberto - good game, mopped up the loose ends and his distribution was better

Fabregas MOTM 9 - Another great performance, at the heart of everything, controled the game, took foot off the gas a bit in the 2nd half

Hleb 8 - was great today, amazing on the ball, did well defensivly, linked well with Eboue and Fabregas

Pires 7 - showing glimpses of his old self, good performance

Ade 7.5 - dont ususally give half marks, but couldnt give him and 8 after those early chances, great all round play, some nice touches, linked up well, used his strength, and a great finish for his goal

Henry 8 - should have got more from him i feel, after the pires assist he coasted through the game, seemed like he was in 3rd gear.

Subs

RvP 6 - looked off the pace, lacks match sharpness which is to be expected, but its great to see him back

Bergkamp 6 - hate to say it but he should have left us last season, wanting more and not his head, no longer contributes and does not deserve a place in the side

Song 6 - looked good, didnt have much of a chance to impose himself, stepped into a side coasting

sabret00the

Established Member
Jens Lehmann (6) Did he even have to make a save today?

Emmanuel Eboue (7) made that fantastic trio with hleb and cesc, it deserved more end product.

Kolo Toure (7) solid performance.

Philippe Senderos (8) just had that little bit more in his game today than his partner, when it comes to our area, in the air he dominates in the box.

Mathieu Flamini (6) improving to the point i think he's starting to lay claim to left back, backup

Aliaksandr Hleb (7) worked hard, done well, but sloppy at times

Francesc Fabregas (8) my personal man of the match, showed some incredible ability today

Gilberto (7) solid

Robert Pires (7) returning to form, but 90 minutes does not suit him

Thierry Henry (7) first half he was impeccible, second half not so much so, but good performance today.

Emmanuel Adebayor (7) finishing is dire

===

Dennis Bergkamp (6) Rode the wave of euphoria but offered nothing

Robin van Persie (7) constant threat, made good runs, and got all the fans wet

Alexandre Song (7) solid performance off the bench

i reserve the right to tweak my ratings after watching the replay.

Saville

South_London_SW2 said:
NO YOU LISTEN "MATE"

i was helping out sabret by answering his question.
dont but in if you aint got nothing good to contribute to the convosation

this kid is a tw*t he think's no one is right but himself....sabret was right..he was just giving a rough estimate on people's performances....your a traine, you cant go round all of a sudden telling people to ban people....you told someone to ban me the other day! sort it out!

famous no 10

Established Member
South_London_SW2 said:
if its below 5 you round it down to the nearest hole number.
if its 5 and above you round it up to the nearest hole number.

simple

I'll give you a pass in maths but your English is terrible...it's "whole" not "hole".

gunnerGH

Established Member
Im going to watch the match again before giving ratings today. Last time I was fairly harsh on the players at first glance.

I thought adebayor was excellent again though.

Reyes(9)

Gunnergregharrison said:
Im going to watch the match again before giving ratings today. Last time I was fairly harsh on the players at first glance.

I thought adebayor was excellent again though.

He was very good,But he needs to work on his finishing more,and dont be selfish ..he's still 21 soo he'll learn from his mistakes,people sometimes forget that he only joined us in Jan. ..Soo he'll be better next season ..

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
I thought Adebayor's finishing for his goal was superb on his right foot.

Going to watch MotD to see again though.

gunnerGH

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
I thought Adebayor's finishing for his goal was superb on his right foot.

Going to watch MotD to see again though.

Was alot better today. Shows he has been working on it which is what we want.

Im gonna watch most of the game on sky again. What is game of the day by the way? anybody know?

Liberace

Henry is my Man of the match again. He's in top form at the moment.

Special mentions to Eboue, so much energy, at one point in the 88th minute he was playing left wing/forward. he was everywhere.

also Fabregas in the 1st half, the charlton players couldn't get near him.

the dawn raids

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Robin van Persie (7) constant threat, made good runs, and got all the fans wet
[/i]

did he have a water gun or something? youd think it would be hard to run around the pitch with one of those things. :wink:

Lukazan

Established Member
Didn't get to see all of the match and my stream was woeful so sorry if these seem a bit inaccurate..

Lehmann - 6 Nowt to do.
Eboue - 7 Brilliant again.
Senderos - 7 Solid.
Toure - 7 Solid
Flamini - 7 I love this guy. Great.
Hleb - 7 Machine.
Gilberto - 7 On a run of form it seems.
Fabregas - 8 MOTM. Brilliant.
Pires - 7 Well played Bobby.
Henry - 7.5 Involved in almost everything. Always surprising not to see his name on the scoresheet in games like this.
Adebayor - 7 Tireless running and I respect him greatly for it. Finishing is poor but he got a goal AGAIN. Jesus, if he finished all the chances a striker at Arsenal is expected to he could have about 11-12 goals so far in his Arsenal career.

kamikaze80

Established Member
pretty much agree with everyones ratings so ill spare the comments:

lehmann: 6
eboue: 7
toure: 7
senderos: 7
flamini: 7
hleb: 8
fabregas: 8
gilberto: 8
pires: 7
adebayor: 7
henry: 8

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom