• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 28/10/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7
solid.

hoyte and flamini - 6
same rating, decent match.

toure - 6
decent, but has to take part of the blame for the conceded goal. missed the header..

djourou - 7
played well. strong defensively and wasn't afraid to go forward as well.

gallas - 6
decent, but i would have liked to see more runs from him today.

hleb - 6
decent, but the final ball was sloppy at times and didn't make enough runs in behind the everton back four.

cesc - 5,5
mediocre. not enough pace on the passes, didn't link up very well and wasn't able to open up the everton defense.

gilberto - 6,5
fairly solid.

rosicky - 8
another good game. quick, good both on and off the ball and took a few decent shots as well.

van persie - 6
very poor in the first half. better in the second and especially when he played on the right wing.

henry - 6
very quiet game.

honqa

Hleb, Titi, Gallas---5
Lehman -6 (had nothing to do except the goal, which he had no chance)
Hoyte - 7 (was immense going forward but got injured :(
Flamini - 5 came on started well, in the second half, i swear, i didnt not see him going forward or doing anything good.
Gilberto -- 7 legend, seriously without him we are useless..
Fabregas-- 6 would be decent if everton didnt put three men on him all the time..
RvP - 7 was poor for the first half an hour but never thought he would be this effective on the right, put hleb on the left, and play Rvp on the right..
Toure - 6 did his job
Walcott - dont know, he played bloody RB..
Djorou - 7 IMMENSE, overall was good

Ali - not enought time...

we really need to start scoring or get Bendtner back, heh

Mostarac

Established Member
Lehmann 6, Gallas 6, Toure, 6, Djourou 6, Hoyte 6, Rosicky 7, Cesc 6, Gilberto 6, Hleb 6, van Persie 7 and Thierry Henry 6.

Meek

Lehmann 6
Gallas 6
Toure 6
Djourou 6
Hoyte 5 (went off early as well)
Rosicky 6
Cesc 6
Gilberto 6
Hleb 6
Van Perise 7 (best player out there for us)
Henry 5

Subs
Flamini 6
Walcott 6
Ali- Not out there long enough

by the way, no blunder from lehmann, just a mistake from toure and quick reaction from cahill.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 5 - hates it when he hides and hesitates in collecting that kind of ball. he does that vs watford and was super lucky not to concede any goal. this time he was punished by cahill

hoyte 6 - didnt do much till he was sub off

toure 5 - at fault at the goal. how could he lose his marker so easily? really frustrating as on paper its such a solid defence but at home we are forever leaking goals

djourou 6.5 - solid

gallas 7 - had a few chances forward but didnt really take it. prefer him at central defence

gilberto 6 - had an okay game, could have gotten us a few goals

fab 6 - didnt really perform well. tried his best to create things and really frustrating he couldn't finish off any chances

hleb 6 - same

rosicky 6.5 - could have really won us the game.

rvp 7 - good goal, other wise nothing else

henry 6 - anonymous

subs
flamini 6 - did well

aliadere 6.5 - in the short span of time he came on, he did really well. i am led to think he coudl have scored if he started this game

walcott 7.5 - amazing, he turned the whole game to his side when he came on.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Original_AAA said:
Lev said:
1089 guy sed that lehmann had a blunder for the goal, anyone see it?

Blunder is too strickt, but he chikened out and got too far away from the ball.
I think Jens is to be blamed for Cahill's goal. He shouldn't have pushed Johnson and slipped the goalden timeing to attackthe ball first. Johnson was held by Kolo already, so why Jens had a go with Jonhson? This is the 2nd mistake Jens made against set-peices at home, the first one was againt Villa.

I gues Wenger want the team to play zone defense so Jens can have the space to be the first one attack the coming ball. But if Jens mistimed his ttack or decided to this sort of rididulous things, what's point of doing zone defense anyway?

I do rate Jens but hie temper sometimes should be curbed a little.

Original_AAA

tactica442 said:
Original_AAA said:
Lev said:
1089 guy sed that lehmann had a blunder for the goal, anyone see it?

Blunder is too strickt, but he chikened out and got too far away from the ball.
I think Jens is to be blamed for Cahill's goal. He shouldn't have pushed Johnson and slipped the goalden timeing to attackthe ball first. Johnson was held by Kolo already, so why Jens had a go with Jonhson? This is the 2nd mistake Jens made against set-peices at home, the first one was againt Villa.

I gues Wenger want the team to play zone defense so Jens can have the space to be the first one attack the coming ball. But if Jens mistimed his ttack or decided to this sort of rididulous things, what's point of doing zone defense anyway?

I do rate Jens but hie temper sometimes should be curbed a little.

I do not disagree that it was Jens fault(mostly atleast), but there is a difference between a blunder and a player beeing at fault. That was my point.

GoodOldArsenal

I think you guys are being too harsh on Henry, he made some good efforts and forced a few saves. Also, some of you need to give RvP a break. He's scored in our 3 of our last 4 Premiership games, how many more times does he have to score for you to stop bashing him.

f4evo

i dont know how you can say RvP was very poor in the first half Kel, he did nothing wrong in the first half, made a few nice passes even when he was playing on the left, id give him an 8 for the game

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Henry was **** today, as IMO he has been for most of this season.

He's had a couple of great games but it's worrying for me that it's potentially costing Wenger points keeping him on a quarter of the way through the season.

RC8

Established Member
Lehmann 7
Gallas 7
Toure 6
Djourou 7
Hoyte 6 (went off early as well)
Rosicky 8
Cesc 7
Gilberto 8
Hleb 7
Van Persie 6 in first half, 8 in the second half
Henry 7

Substitutes:

Flamini 7
Walcott 7
Ali- N/T

I thought we played relatively well, and had we not conceded early from that corner we would have won easily. Hleb and Rosicky had great games, but lacked the finishing touch. Van Persie looked a different player on the left. Gilberto was excellent.

I was very pleased with Flamini, he made a couple of good tackles and went forward a couple times.

Walcott impressed me, he is very composed and had great understanding with Van Persie.

Gryphon

so what everyones saying is all our best players were more or less crap but as usual rosicky was the best on pitch???
guess thats how it usually is when we draw :roll:

edit:- didnt see the match so cant complain myself, hope this makes us flatten moscow

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom