• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 28/10/06

zuberi

i totally agree on henry's rating, he has been sluggish since the start of the season, and at first he could use the international's excuse, but now...he seriously needs to work a bit harder to move with the ball, instead of waiting for it to come to him.

RVP again played good, but hes not made to good use on the left, shud play on the right.

hleb should take a few more shots...he came up to the goal a few times and passed.

Toure did play solid like he always does
goal was partly his fault though.

rest of the team played pretty well, but again we had everything, the possesion, the passing, the right attitude...but nothing to show for it..

sparky44

Persie was definately my man of the match, he workrate was superb and it was good to see him stick that freekick in the top corner.

Hopefully he can become first-choice for free kicks, because I belive it is this area which he is better than henry at.

Sammer

Established Member
sparky44 said:
Persie was definately my man of the match, he workrate was superb and it was good to see him stick that freekick in the top corner.

I thought that RvP had quite a mediocre game (except for the free-kick that is)...just like Titi.

Players to be singled out are Hleb, who had one of his worst game in an Arsenal shirt with many bad passes and akward decision making. Further Rosicky, who was superb.

Jens 6 - Beginning to be suspect at crosess

Hoyte 6 - Improving

Toure 5 - Needs to learn to attack the ball

Djourou 6 - Better then Toure today

Gallas 6 - Not that great as everyone is saying

Hleb 5 - What a clown

Rosicky 7 - Our best player.

Gilberto 6 - sloppy as usual.

Cesc 5 - Like Hleb

RvP 6 - Took his goal weel, but IMO is not a out & out striker we need.

Henry 4 - A absolute Lazy ****. Never tackles or fights for a ball 2 foot near him. If we have Morinho, he would have been dropped.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Walcott needs to learn one thing that will exploit his pace and accelaration firther. It's fine to drop deep and want the ball from teammates. But sometimes a good player can control the ball without touching it. If the ball coming to his control range, he may let the ball roll instead of stop the ball then turn. Sometimes the closet defender might be wrong-footed just by this simple move.

PaulDavis

Starting 11s:

Jens Lehmann - 5

Justin Hoyte - 6

Kolo Toure - 5.5

Johan Djourou - 7

William Gallas - 6.5

Gilberto Silva - 6

Francesc Fabregas - 6

Tomas Rosicky - 7.5

Alexandr Hleb - 6

Robin van Persie - 7.5

Thierry Henry - 6

Substitutes:

Matheus Flamini - 6.5

Jeremie Aliadiere - 5.5

Theo Walcott - 7

xxxxxx

The 5.5 is a little unfair to Ali, because he didn't have much time to make a very big impact. Don't forget, he won a corner when he came on, he took a few Everton players on, he had an header that just went wide, flicked the ball on for Gilberto, which Gilberto should have had a penalty after the flick on. All that in just 10 minutes of him being on.

If anything, he did more than OK since he came on. Plus, it's only his first run out with the proper team in 2 years.

patrick42uk

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Walcott needs to learn one thing that will exploit his pace and accelaration firther. It's fine to drop deep and want the ball from teammates. But sometimes a good player can control the ball without touching it. If the ball coming to his control range, he may let the ball roll instead of stop the ball then turn. Sometimes the closet defender might be wrong-footed just by this simple move.

good little observation that. remember though he's still a kid building confidence at this level. he probably feels, maybe subconciously, that he needs the touch early for a bit of security.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom