• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Hull | 27/09/08

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 6

Sagna - 6
Toure - 4
Gallas - **** off
Clichy - 4

Walcott - 4
Fabregas - 4
Denilson - 4
Eboue - 4.5

RvP - 3
Ade - 3

Subs
Vela - N/A
Bendtner - N/A

qs

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Hull Player Ratings

**** this.

all round

nazo

Established Member

Almunia - n/a

Sagna - 5
Touré - 5
Gallas - 0
Clichy - 5

Walcott - 2
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 6
Eboue - 3

RvP - 3
Ade - 3

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Frankly, this was an abysmal performance from a team that didn't give a toss. The kind of insipid performance that makes you wonder why you even support the club.

Nobody is worthy of praise.

IBL

Established Member

easiest one ever

5 for Cesc who created opportunities and played like he gave a sh*t
1 for everyone else (almunia exempt)

lagos

Established Member

Almunia - 6

Sagna - 6
Touré - 5
Gallas - 2
Clichy - 5

Walcott - 4
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 5
Eboue - 5.5

RvP - 4
Ade - 4

Subs
Vela - N/A
Bendtner - N/A

then subtract 1 from everyone 'cos they lost at home and another one 'cos they lost to HULL ****ing city!!!!!!

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia - n/a

Sagna - 4
Touré - 5
Gallas - 2
Clichy - 5

Walcott - 3
Fabregas - 5
Denilson - 6
Eboue - 3

RvP - 5
Ade - 3

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Well they took this game as granted. They probably though it will be a walk in the park.

I just hate this ****ing inconsistency.

They don't deserve to be ranked.

Imagine how much damage these lost 3 points will cause if we stay on the race for trophy come spring..

hesham

Established Member

Almunia - 6

Sagna - 4 - poor crossing
Touré - 5 - average
Gallas - 3 - time to warm the bench
Clichy - 4 - poor passing, poor decision making

Walcott - 4 - clueless what to do with the ball after each run
Fabregas - 4 - how can this be cesc? poor passing, poor movement!
Denilson - 5 - meh
Eboue - 4 - ineffective

Ade - 4 - alot of running, very little to show for it
RvP - 5 - worst player 1st half, best player in the 2nd, not that it did much help

giuliob

5=average
Almunia - 6 Really had no chance on the 1st one, and Cesc did not cover the post on the 2nd.
Sagna - 5.5 A trooper who still can't find his target
Touré - 5.5 Another trooper
Gallas - 3 If we're lucky, he'll ask Wenger to sit the next one out
Clichy - 4
Walcott - 5.5 He worked hard and thanks for setting up the goal
Fabregas - 4 I think he left his game with the Spanish team
Denilson - 5.5 Made some crunching tackles in the 1st half; lost in the 2nd
Eboue - 5
RvP - 4 Invisible in the 1st half; more active in the 2nd;
Ade - 4 Ade, the ball is suppose to go in the net

Vela - 5 Came on too late
Bendtner - 5

Wenger 3.5 For not preparing the team
Referee 3 Typical premier league performance by another inadequate referee.

RammiXP

Almunia - 6 (did all he could but both goals could do nothing about)

Sagna - 4 (OK but not enough end product)
Touré - 6 (best of the defence, good running good blocking and good tackling shame the rest could not follow his lead)
Gallas - 2 (ermm OK, enough said)
Clichy - 5 (good running, and lots of postitive movement hwoever lacking in end quality also)

Walcott - 5 (Made the goal and scared them, other than that was poor)
Fabregas - 4 (looked very lazy in the first half and only stepped up when we were losing)
Denilson - 4 (poor to be honest offered very little in all areas)
Eboue - 4 (same as Denilson, and why did he not shoot in the first half?)

RvP - 3 (poor, tried thing that never needed to be tried and should have squared the ball when we were one - nil up but tried to score one of his impossible goals)
Ade - 3 (offered nothing all game really)

Subs
Vela - N/A
Bendtner - N/A

James

Established Member

Almunia 4

Sagna 1
Gallas 0
Toure 1
Clichy 1

Cesc 1
Eboue 0
Denilson 2
Walcott 1

RVP 0
Adebayor 1

arsmile

Established Member

That was a disgrace- just apathy from our lads...

Al-6- faultless with both the goals- smart distribution, no blame lies with him

Sagna-5- couple of decent crosses- worked hard enough but achieved nothing

Toure-4.5- our better CB, I have always criticised his extreme lack of composure- and we saw the at the end with his scuff...but at least more or less did his job at the back

Gallas-1- what is the point in a CB that cant header?- the only way he can justify a performance like that is if he pops up to score a winner, he didn’t, inexcusably poor- we have conceded 3 goals form corners- each of the 3 times it was gallas’ man that lost him and scored- it is a joke that our weakest link is our captain (and his vice captain next to him in the back line is only slightly better)....djourou please

Clichy-6- one of few players with a bit of urgency- not awful

Walcott-2- got lucky with our goal cos he’d made the wrong decision for the 15th time in a row and taken the ball too far, too many touches, and poor touches at that in and around the area- wenger should have had him off sooner

Cesc-4- in the context of this performance he wasn’t as terrible as the others- nothing remotely special about his work and he even looked a little lazy at times. His corners and freekicks are usually terrible- with the amount of corners we had he should have crafted something

Denilson-6- worked incredibly hard and was defiantly cesc’s defensive partner today, I actually am not disgraced by his performance

Eboue-4.5- eboue?- oh yeah I remember you, welcome back

Vanpersie-3- an awful match, a couple of decent shots, but apart from that offered nothing- waste of space today

Ade-4- thought he had a good first half, didn’t turn up for the second at all

Bendtner-3- no impact

Vela-4- was introduced FAR too late by wenger- it is one of my biggest gripes with him. He had no time to influence the game- and the formation we ended playing with ade-nik-robin-vela was at best, completely structureless- managed to miss an open goal from 2 inches though

Massively annoyed with the players and wenger- substitutions came too late, they came at the expense of a formation- and we only had the 2 offensive changes- our bench had Silvestre, song, and djourou on it- pointless, it meant we had no room for wilshere/other offensive options- and he’s kept galas on the big guy at corners even though he’d already effed that up twice previously

All round good and proper disgrace to be honest

Galahad

Almunia - 5 Not too much today but never really looked good. At first I thought he could have saved the first goal but I must say there was no chance on earth he could have claimed that.

Sagna - 4 Below par. Defended decently but his crosses from 30 yards out were annoying me like crazy. His crosses from 20 yards out did, too.
Touré - 3 Poor performance. As some others already pointed out, nearly never won a header and didnt look good on any other place either. Could have scored but decided to shoot someone he dislikes or something...
Gallas - 2 Woeful performance. I dont know if that is true but someone claimed he has counted and Gallas NEVER won a header. He looked out of place all the time, never was rallying the troops or ANYTHING leadershiplike and didnt look concentrated. Showed no desire whatsoever, AGAIN was sleeping during a corner and decided, later on, that he would like to play as a striker instead of a defender. My god.
Clichy - 4 Not too good defensively, not too good offensivley. Didnt come out with bursts of pace today and didnt really look comfortable.

Walcott - 4 Theo like...Nice sprints at times (though much too rarely) and credits for the goal, but almost all the time was caught with really poor decision making or a really poor first touch.
Fabregas - 3 Anonymous. I could only see him late in the second half when suddenly he tried to score. But ther seems to be no confidence nor any thrive in him.
Denilson - 4 Still not a good performance from him. Im beginning to dislike Denilson. I cant recall a good game from him this season. His passing more often then not finds our opponents, he cant do sh*t when under pressure and he only has 1 or 2 ideas a game when going forward. Today that was like 1 or 2 more then Fabregas but still not anywhere close to good enough.
Eboue - 5 The usual Eboue. Finally an on par performance. He didnt play well but he, at least, didnt play bad. Nice intet from him most of the times only his ideas dont always come off. Should have scored in one scene but was too unselfish. Did work and run a lot and I thought it was a big mistake to sub him off. We need more players like him, that can play even when we have an off day (and we have so many off days...).

RvP - 3 Thats about it. Poor display once again. He NEVER looks like scoring, his free kicks are so bad, you know he hasnt scored before he even moves towards the ball and his committment for the team is ever so softly above 0 that you wont notice the difference. He basically just moves from A and B and has a shot of target every now and then.
Ade - 3 Quite like RVP but without the shots. Did he have so much as one? I couldnt recall it. Scored a regular goal but what do you know? The ref has disallowed it because he supposedly touched a defender (wich he did not, he jumped straight, not weaving or tugging anything).Apart from the "goal"

Subs
Vela - 6 Came on, gave me a good impression and leaves me stranded as to why the likes of RVP and Ade get picjked in front of him...In his like 10 minutes he had several nice scenes and was unfortunate not to nick in Gallas header. We need more of him.
Bendtner - 5 Wasnt able to lift the team but I saw more of him on the ball then of RVP or Ade all game.

GaelForce22

Established Member

Almunia 6 - Not to blame for either goal. His distribution was absoloutely excellent today though, if an outfield player had played that ball to Adebayor in the second half people would have been waxing lyrical about it. Thought he seemed to be trying to motivate players too, always a good thing.

Sagna 5 - Work on your crossing please.
Toure 5 - Did his job but isn't going to be at his best while he plays with Gallas.
Gallas 3 - Worst defender since Cygan. Worst captain since we moved to North London.
Clichy 6 - Did well, tried hard but must work on his crossing.

Walcott 5 - Looked bright but his decision making is not yet here. Should have scored.
Fabregas 8 - Actually thought he was brilliant today, back to his best. Without doubt the best of a bad lot.
Denilson 5 - Quite good defensively but his passing was off again. He's not consistent enough to be a starter for us yet.
Eboue 5 - Meh. Seems to have been watching video's of Hleb.

Ade & RVP 5 - Should have done better.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Almunia - 6
Sagna - 5
Kolo - 6
Gallas - 5
Clichy - 6
Theo - 5 - Had quite many chances to score himself. Time for him to learn to use his left foot in a more clinical manner.
Cesc - 6
Denilson - 6
Eboue - 6
Robin 5
Ade - 5

Sub:
Bendtner - 4
Vela - 4

Lukazan

Established Member

Almunia - 6

Sagna - 5
Touré - 6
Gallas - 2
Clichy - 5

Walcott - 4
Fabregas - 4
Denilson - 6
Eboue - 4

RvP - 3
Ade - 3

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom