• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

mad jens

Almunia 7 Nothing much to do with such a solid defence in front of him.

Eboue 8.5 Brilliant. By the way his crossing has improved too.

Toure 8 Same phrase again: ROCK SOLID. Great goal too.

Gallas 7.5 IMO deault with crouch quite well.

Clichy 7 Looked very fit and fast. Maybe he and eboue and play 100m racing!

Gilberto 7 Nothing much to do. Did what he had to do when called to do so

Flamini 7 Not as skilful as the rest of the players but overall still a good player. Good goal. HE WAS NOT OFFSIDE!

Fabregas 7 Most of our attacks came through him. Great vision to run into space for hleb to slip the ball in.

Hleb 8.5 IMMENSE! Was truly magnificent and that was some dribbling!

RvP 6.5 Nothing much to do other than two assists. Btw i didn't feel that was a handball.

Henry 7 Extra credit for running. Thats what i wanted from him. To run and be more hardworking.

Sub
Adebayor 6 Should have been 4-0

PS: Sorry if this is a little untidy.

nazo

Established Member
Almunia 7
Eboue 9
Toure 9
Gallas 9
Clichy 8
Gilberto 7
Flamini 7.5
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8
RvP 7.5
Henry 7

qs

Established Member
Almunia 6, nothing to do
Eboue 7, typical Eboue game
Toure 8, solid as a rock and a goal too
Gallas, 7 cos he wasnt as good as Toure
Clichy , 6 good enough
Gilberto , 7 solid
Flamini 7 good work rate, seems to have imrpoved his touch
Fabregas 9 brilliant
Hleb 7 typical Hleb
RvP 8 excellent, getting better and better
Henry 7 worked his socks off but didnt do enough where it matters

Ricky_AFC

Almunia 7
Eboue 9
Toure 9
Gallas 8
Clichy 8
Gilberto 7
Flamini 7.5
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8.5
RvP 7.5
Henry 7

Gunner4life09

Almunia 7
Eboue 8
Toure 8
Gallas 8
Clichy 8.5
Gilberto 7
Flamini 7.5
Fabregas 7
Hleb 8.5
RvP 6.5
Henry 6.5

I didnt think Henry and RVP deserved a 7 to be honnest. Although Henry did do some running towards the end of the match but i wasnt at all impressed at his performance.

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7 - did all that was asked of him

Eboue 7.5 - what a player! amazing abilities and his crossing and passing get bettet all the time
Toure 8 - struggled with Crouch's height otherwise magnificent, fully deserved his goal
Gallas 8 - another monstrous performance, what a partnership he's formed with Toure
Clichy 7 - getting better and better, one great dribble, superb technically, caught out a few times

Cesc 6.5 - seems to be giving the ball away alot of late, cant question his effort though and nice assist for the goal
Flamini 7 - full of running and energy, nicely taken goal
Gilberto 6.5 - did the ugly stuff well, some sloppiness in first half in dangerous areas almost resulted in goals for 'pool.
Hleb 7 - industrious, great link up with Eboue, good game

RvP 7 - two assists and good overall play, one of his better games
Henry 7 - better captains performance, worked extremely hard today but wasnt much of a threat up front

SUBS
Adebayor 5 - great chance spurned

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool player ratings

mad jens said:
RvP 6.5 Nothing much to do other than two assists. Btw i didn't feel that was a handball.
agree with most of the ratings except the fact that you didnt think it was a handball.. clearly was, as he punched it by Reina.... if his hand doesnt touch the ball, Reina punches that clear... i like RvP, but that was definitely worth a yellow for him...

regele

Established Member
Almunia 7
Eboue 8.5
Toure 9
Gallas 8
Clichy 7.5
Gilberto 7
Flamini 7
Fabregas 7.5
Hleb 9
RvP 7
Henry 7

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6 Solid when called upon but wasn't tested really.

Clichy - 6 Sloppy with his passing sometimes but he certainly gets himself up and down the left side of the pitch. Will improve with every game.

Toure - 8 Immense and scored a good goal.

Gallas - 8 ^

Eboue - 8 Fantastic. We've missed him immensely. Great on the ball and great off it too. Links up brilliantly too.

Hleb - 7.5 Unplayable in the first half, made something happen everytime he got the ball. Quite second half though.

Fabregas - 7 A sloppy first half at times but he was great in the build-up to the first goal. Better in the second half too.

Flamini - 6.5 Delighted for Flamini. I'm one of his very few fans, and although he isn't the most pleasing player on the eye, he does a job and does it well. Got the vital goal.

Gilberto - 7 Passing in the first half was awful at times but he broke up attacks so effectively and was vital.

RVP - 7 Still not sure him being stuck out on the left is the best idea but he is improving there and played well today. Lovely ball for Toure.

Henry - 6.5 A pretty poor first half but a much improved second, although all his best moments came when the game was won tbh.

stuart

Established Member

USArsenal said:
mad jens said:
agree with most of the ratings except the fact that you didnt think it was a handball.. clearly was, as he punched it by Reina.... if his hand doesnt touch the ball, Reina punches that clear... i like RvP, but that was definitely worth a yellow for him...

agree with you, to think that wasn't a hand ball is mad, it was quite funny but he shouldnt try conning the ref afterwards! hleb was my man of the match - his first half was unbeleivable!

Goalkeeper

Almunia - 7 - Wasn't tested but read play well at times.

Eboue - 8.5 - Immense, both attacking and defending. You wouldn't even notice that he wasn't in the side for over a month.

Toure - 9 - Total football. Fantastic goal and very confident defensively.

Gallas - 8 - Good Goal. Crouch won the header's as expected but it didn't trouble him much.

Clichy - 7.5 - Fantastic runs but wasn't always in position defensively. Allowed many attacks down the right.

Flamini - 8 - The Owen Hargreaves of Arsenal. Offers something different than Rosicky, Hleb, and Cesc. Wouldn't mind him starting for us in this position more often.

Gilberto -7 - Sometimes sloppy, but then again he never gets the credit. The usual.

Hleb - 7.5 - Played well, but nothing really to show for it. Good link-up with Eboue.

Cesc - 7 - Sloppy at times, but otherwise played some great balls.

RVP - 7.5 - Opposite of Hleb. Didn't do as well as Hleb, but had 2 assists for his efforts. It's an improvement really in balancing out his game.

Henry - 6.5 - Good running at the end defensively. But offensively lacking. If Henry continues to retreat into the midfield as he's doing, RVP will not form a great partneship. Not enough runs forward, not enough movement for Cesc to pick out his runs. As Arsenal's most forward player, he can not be frozen afraid to move into the box. I guess I'm a little harsh on Henry but a prime example of this is when Cesc had the ball, Henry just stood there and took the ball from Cesc, so that Thierry could be the playmaker. If Cesc had the ball and he was trying to pick out the runs, Henry should have been running. Didn't offer much forward, but the extra .5 for his defensive work and for caring.

lagos

Established Member

mad jens said:
Almunia 7 Nothing much to do with such a solid defence in front of him.

Eboue 8.5 Brilliant. By the way his crossing has improved too.

Toure 8 Same phrase again: ROCK SOLID. Great goal too.

Gallas 7.5 IMO deault with crouch quite well.

Clichy 7 Looked very fit and fast. Maybe he and eboue and play 100m racing!

Gilberto 7 Nothing much to do. Did what he had to do when called to do so

Flamini 7 Not as skilful as the rest of the players but overall still a good player. Good goal. HE WAS NOT OFFSIDE!

Fabregas 7 Most of our attacks came through him. Great vision to run into space for hleb to slip the ball in.

Hleb 8.5 IMMENSE! Was truly magnificent and that was some dribbling!

Henry 7 Extra credit for running. Thats what i wanted from him. To run and be more hardworking.

Sub
Adebayor 6 Should have been 4-0

PS: Sorry if this is a little untidy.

agree with above except

1. i'd give rvp a 7 & gallas 8
2. it looked handball to me
3. Hleb motm

eddie_wills

Almunia 6

Eboue 7
Gallas 7
Kolo 7.5
Clichy 7

Gilberto 6
Flamini 5.5
Fabregas 5.5
Hleb 7.5
RVP 6

Henry 5.5

Good result, but not a great performance. Thought the game passed Flamini and Fabregas by somewhat, Gilberto saw a lot of the ball which he didn't distribute well.

RVP two assists but not a lot else, Henry isolated. Defence very good but didn't have to do much.

ken_75

Almunia 7 not much too do
Eboue 7.5 great match by the right back
Clichy 7 good going forward, got caught a couple of times
Toure 8.5 rock solid as ever and a well taken goal
Gallas 8 same as Toure!
Fabregas 7 always in action today
Gilberto 7.5 unsung hero though misplacing a couple of passes
Hleb 8.5 awesome match today, my motm
Flamini 7.5 an extra 0.5 for the well taken goal
Henry 7 a bit quiet but better than last couple of games imo
Van Persie 7.5 did very well today and kept his calm

Adebayor 6 should have scored

Wenger 8 spot on, think we were more direct today and put the
ball in the net which is what matters most.

KY

Established Member
I'm just happy to shut the critics up about arsenal's performances and put downs. All the players fought well to bring wenger's honour back.
In an otherwise unrelated topic, former gunner sidwell showed his arsenal side by putting up a real show to thump the scums and end their recent unbeaten 10 game run. :D Good on him.

kel varnsen

Established Member
almunia - 7. solid

eboue - 7,5. played very well. offers a lot more than hoyte going forward.

toure - 8,5. very solid and a great goal.

gallas - 7,5. played well and scored a goal.

clichy - 6,5. quiet first half and got skinned by pennant once. looked more lively in the 2nd half.

hleb - 7,5.
very good first half. a bit more quiet in the 2nd.

flamini - 6
decent and scored a good goal.

cesc - 6
nothing more than decent. a good assist, but didn't control the midfield as much as i would have wanted.

gilberto - 6
worked hard, but gave the ball away a lot.

van persie - 6,5.
two assists, but otherwise fairly quiet.

henry - 6,5
decent, but he doesn't look like his old self. poor service as well today.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia: Didn't have much to do, but his handling was assured. 6

Eboue: My MOTM. We've really missed him. He's getting better and better. His crossing has reallly come on lately. 8

Toure: Absolute man mountain. Also gave us another dimension in attack. 8

Gallas: He's pure class. Makes everything look so easy. Kuijt & co. didn't get much change out of him 7.5

Clichy: Looked a tad shaky early on but got much better in the second half. Made Pennant look stupid a couple of times and made one very good jinking run right at the heart of the Liverpool defence. 6.5

Hleb: He was a handful for Riise and generally caused Liverpool a lot of problems. 7

Gilberto: He was very sloppy at times with his passing, but made some good blocks and interceptions. 6

Flamini: He gave our midfield a more solid look, and scored a good goal. 6.5

Fabregas: Not his best game, but still set up the first goal. 6

van Persie: Set up 2 goals after a quiet first half. 6.5

Henry: Still not at his best, but was better then he has been in recent weeks. 6.5

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Solid.

Eboue 8 - Guy's a genius, enough said.

Toure 8 - A few wayward headers but improved in the second half and scored like Beckenbauer in his prime.

Gallas 8 - Had lapses in concentration, but recovered well and scored.

Clichy 7 - Going forward this kid, like Eboue, can dribble past any defender. If he improves his final ball and positioning the sky is the limit.

Hleb 7 - Good game from him, did what he does best and created the first goal.

Cesc 7 - Sloppy at times, but moved well off the ball and got an assist.

Flamini 7 - Lost the ball too often, but got the vital goal and gets an extra point for his celebration. How pathetic is it that players are booked for that?

Gilberto 6 - Some suicidal passes, giving me various heart attacks.

Van Persie 8 - Cheeky Maradona impression early on, was a threat all night and got two assists.

Henry 7 - This was the big game performance the crowd wanted to see I suppose. Worked very hard, but we don't pay him to work hard. This is not a criticism of Henry btw, the formation doesn't suit him and never will.

lagos

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Henry 7 - This was the big game performance the crowd wanted to see I suppose. Worked very hard, but we don't pay him to work hard. This is not a criticism of Henry btw, the formation doesn't suit him and never will.

First let me say I'm delighted we won! However, I don't like this 451 at home business escpecially with henry as a target man (i can understand it for some away games) but I believe we are wasting henry (and RVP)

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom