• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

sesquioxide

3Z said:
Adebayor - 5 - no time really but he does lack composure... and that really isnt something that can be taught. If he has no time to think he's ok. Cant help but think if only that chance had fallen to walcott as a sub instead!!

Just to throw this statistic out there: of all the Arsenal strikers this season, Adebayor at 70% has been the best in terms of being on target.

What conclusions one can draw from that I have little idea.

3Z

sesquioxide said:
3Z said:
Adebayor - 5 - no time really but he does lack composure... and that really isnt something that can be taught. If he has no time to think he's ok. Cant help but think if only that chance had fallen to walcott as a sub instead!!

Just to throw this statistic out there: of all the Arsenal strikers this season, Adebayor at 70% has been the best in terms of being on target.

On target as in his shot hit the target or on tanget as in he scored??

KingReyes

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - Nothng to do
Eboue - 8 - The way he goes past players is top class. Miles ahead of Hoyte
Toure - 9 - This guy can do it all
Gallas - 8 - Ashley who?
Clichy - 7 - Great going foward.
Hleb - 7 - good move for the first goal
Gilberto - 7 - Defended well.
Cesc - 7 - some poor passes but everything goes through him so he's expected to miss a few.
Flams- 7 - 110% every game. Can't ever knock him for effort.
RVP - 7 - Is starting to look good on the flanks.
Henry - 7 - Will struggle as a lone forward but still does enough to get involved and try to make the difference.

sesquioxide

3Z said:
sesquioxide said:
3Z said:

Hitting the target. I don't actually know the percentage of shots he scores.

3Z

sesquioxide said:
3Z said:
sesquioxide said:
3Z said:

Hitting the target. I don't actually know the percentage of shots he scores.

Cool, i just think that in a one on one situation he always looks likely to miss. With certain players you get that feeling. Henry never misses those type of chances. From what ive seen so far Walcott wouldn't have either... would have been a great chance for him to have broken his duck

Mark

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - one shot on target for Liverpool, so a quiet day for Manuel.

Eboue - 8.5 - Amazing player, so glad he's back. So strong both in defence and going forward with pace and even a bit of flair. His crossing is getting really good too which adds an extra dimension to our game. Love him.

Toure - 8.5 - Has been one of our best players this season and was brilliant for us again and really deserved that goal.

Gallas - 8 - Forming a good partnership alongside Kolo in a defensive lineup that's starting to make me drool. Glad he got a goal too, allbeit the easiest he'll ever score.

Clichy - 7.5 - Had a decent game and I think he's going to get much better once he's really at full fitness.

Gilberto - 7 - Quiet, but that's usually a good thing.

Hleb - 8 - Very lively and creative, great work for our first goal.

Fabregas - 7 - Good assist, but an otherwise quiet game by his standards.

Flamini - 7.5 - I liked what Flamini brought to the team. A bit more workrate and guts as he showed with his goal that I don't think any other of our midfielders would attempt to score. He also showed that he can be creative with that early lob to van Persie. Obviously not first choice, but a good option to have in my opinion.

van Persie - 7 - Quiet, but two assists which shows that even when things don't quite go for him he can have an impact. Shame about that silly handball.

Henry - 6.5 - Never really looked any kind of threat apart from a run or two at the Liverpool defence in the first half. Disappointing game from the captain.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
LMAO, to think a while back Eboue was another of those 'not good enough for Arsenal' 'not Arsenal standard' players round here :lol:

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Almunia: 6 - didn't had much to do
Eboue: 8 - pure class, made thos excellent forward runs
Toure: 10 - Awesome! Good defending and good goal. MOTM by far
Gallas: 8 - Kept it clean and simple and ofcourse, scored that goal.
Clichy: 7 - Showed why we don't miss A.**** anymore
Hleb: 8 - World class dribbling and vision
Fabregas: 7 - He was ok, looking more settled compared the last 2 weeks
Gilberto: 7 - Average
Flamini: 7 - I though he was just going to sit tight and defend but showed his qualities by going forward
van Persie: 7 - Nice assists
Henry: 6 - Still not the same old Henry that we've been watching for the past few seasons but he was ok

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 6 - conceded 2 offside goals. looks shaky to me.

Eboue 8.5 - look at how much diff he makes to our team. one of our best players currently. his early crosses are awesome, though henry's headers are weak.

Toure 9 - MOTM. superb defending, super finishing, fantastic overall.

Gallas 7.5 - solid for us in defence, and got a well taken goal

Clichy 7.5 - Amazing run towards the end. did well, though no finishing product

Gilberto 6.5 - nothing particular

Hleb 8 - amazing, though his style are predictable

Flamini 7.5 - proved me wrong in the end.

Cesc 7 - did okay.

Rvp 7.5 - game coming up. 2 nice assists.

Henry 6.5 - c'mon, try harder

Subs
Ade 4.5 - he should really have put that one away

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
YuenBiaoFan said:
LMAO, to think a while back Eboue was another of those 'not good enough for Arsenal' 'not Arsenal standard' players round here :lol:

I know a lot of players initially had doubters - Kolo for one, but I don't remember anyone having a bad word to say about Eboue's talent. If anything many people were pleased that he finally got a chance ahead of Lauren when he got injured after that Chelsea game at Highbury..

RC8

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Oh please, there were only a few who argued with the majority opinion on this board that defensively he was s**t and offensively he wasn't very good so couldn't play either RB or RM.I was one. The other one I remember was banned, Terry something, had a domukun as his smilie:

http://images.jlist.com/d3/domokun_p75_small.gif

First time I saw him I said:

"He is going to be the best RB in the premiership!"

After that many people laughed at me...

But then again I said Lupoli was someday going to be a regular first team player for us, which seems very unlikely now.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom