• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Middlesbrough | 14/01/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. solid as always. a quiet game, but made a few nice saves when needed.

lauren - 5. very quiet, but solid.

senderos - 6. scored a good goal and played fairly well.

djorou - 5,5. a pretty good game, but a bit 'rough around the edges'.

cole - 5. quiet.

ljungberg - 8. very good game. crossed well, made a lot of good runs and worked hard. should have scored a few goals though... his best game of the season by far.

gilberto - 4. sorry, but he is just completely out of it right now. ****e passing and gave the ball away on several occations. we really need another central midfielder.

cesc -7. good game. very good on the ball and pushed forward and helped out our forwards.

pires - 7,5. scored a great goal and played really well all throughout.

reyes - 9. four assists, superb passing and vision, worked hard and took on defenders very well. fantastic performance.

henry - 9,5. MOM. superb match. three great goals, superb passing and worked hard. still the best player in the world imo...

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7 - Solid, not much to do.

Lauren 7 - Idem dito. Got forward well.

Djourou 7 - Looked a bit nervous but never resulting in any mistakes. For 17 years of age at centre back (!), very good.

Senderos 8 - Excellent and got a goal.

Cygan 6 - Didn't do much.

Freddie 8 - Full of running and good passing, shame he couldn't find the net.

Gilberto 6 - Poor in his passing.

Cesc 8 - Very good. Never lost the ball, worked his arse off.

Pires 8 - The Bobby of old, with an old school Bobby goal to boot.

Reyes 10 - Just brilliant. Shame he didn't score.

Henry 10 - Just edges Reyes for the MotM. Perfect in everything he did. His shoot/pass combo was a brilliant pisstake. Who is that Ronaldinho fella again?

Subs:

Cole 6 - Didn't want to run too much, and right he was.

Flamini 6 - Nothing special.

Hleb 7 - Scored his first for the club. Wahey.

Army of Me

Established Member
I didn't see the game, need to wait for football first, but going by Kel's ratings... did we really win the game 7-0 with 5 players?

kel varnsen

Established Member
pha2er said:
I didn't see the game, need to wait for football first, but going by Kel's ratings... did we really win the game 7-0 with 5 players?

basically, yes...

KingReyes

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Jens 7 - Solid, not much to do.

Lauren 7 - Idem dito. Got forward well.

Djourou 7 - Looked a bit nervous but never resulting in any mistakes. For 17 years of age at centre back (!), very good.

Senderos 8 - Excellent and got a goal.

Cygan 6 - Didn't do much.

Freddie 8 - Full of running and good passing, shame he couldn't find the net.

Gilberto 6 - Poor in his passing.

Cesc 8 - Very good. Never lost the ball, worked his arse off.

Pires 8 - The Bobby of old, with an old school Bobby goal to boot.

Reyes 10 - Just brilliant. Shame he didn't score.

Henry 10 - Just edges Reyes for the MotM. Perfect in everything he did. His shoot/pass combo was a brilliant pisstake. Who is that Ronaldinho fella again?

Subs:

Cole 6 - Didn't want to run too much, and right he was.

Flamini 6 - Nothing special.

Hleb 7 - Scored his first for the club. Wahey.

Pretty much agree with these ratings. When Reyes plays like that we are another team, he is a much more effective player when he plays centrally and his passing and visions is second to none.

By the way I saw an interview of Wenger a few days ago and when asked about Reyes' position he said at first he thought 'Striker' when he first arrived but he seems to always get the ball from the wings so Wenger is looking at him as a winger long term. He said something like that anyways, if you all get my point.

sabret00the

Established Member
lehmann - 7: damn he left those boots where he kicks like **** at home, he made some wonderous saves

lauren - 5: quiet game, but didn't put a foot wrong

djourou - 6: not quite ready but didn't cause a goal

senderos - 7: strong and beastly as usual, didn't even result i a goal/mistake.

cygan - 5: was just quiet, barely noticed him

ljungberg - 6: ran his heart out, but he's still not playing well enough to command a starting place. his finishing has gotten worse than ashleys

gilberto - 5: who?

cesc - 7: drove the team well, was a good engine

pires - 8: what a game he had, played frightingly well

reyes - 9: MOTM he was on another level, if he wants to be a forward for us, then this is why he deserves a chance

henry - 8: played well, still not as his best, but when the team is coasting, his class will always elevate it further. looked good.

SUBS

cole - 6: sadly very quiet, ran alot but just wasn't a threat

flamini - 6: made no positive nor negative impact

hleb - 7: ran well, got into positons well, held the ball well and got a goal. let's hope it's just the beginning of a revolution in terms of his impact on the team.

Sammer

Established Member
I tend to agree with Sabret00the here:

Although Freddie ran his heart out, he was in so many goalscoring positions, that he should have scored. He played ok, but I would never give him more than a "6" for todays game.

When you see Pires, Reyes and Henry playing, Freddie just can´t keep up technically when we are playing fast-Wengerball.

You guys will see in the next games, what I mean, because today was not a benchmark game for him.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 7 - solid and made a good save late on

Lauren 6.5 - Solid enough and didnt have to do much
Senderos 8 - Nicely taken goal and commanded the back
Djouro 7 - promising league debut
Cygan 6 - did ok whilst on the pitch

Gilberto 6 - shoddy passing again
Cesc 7.5 - what a neat and tidy player he is, great passing and composure
Pires 7 - looked good today and well taken goal
Ljungberg 7.5 - should have scored but showed great appetite and set up Henry well

Reyes 9 - looked stunning, superb through balls for Henry
Henry 9 - what a player, superbly taken goals and some great set-up play.

SUBS

Cole 6 - good game for a return
Hleb 6 - nice touches and took his goal well
Flamini 6 - usuall commited stuff

Wenger 9

A

Anonymous

3/4 of you haven't seen the game and you're rating the players....

Anyway, I've seen the whole 90 minutes and i can tell you this is the best match since the Aston villa match when we were unbeaten.

Reyes and Henry were incredible.

Henry's best ever performance in an arsenal shirt, better than Inter and Liverpool ones.

I hope they show the skill he did towards the end of the match, its the most incredible trick ive ever ever seen. The middlebrough player didn't know where the ball go, it was like henry had a 3rd foot. lol

Reyes - impressing me game after game.

Special mention to Djourou, we don't need defenders, this guy looks class, fast, and great tackler.

here are the ratings:

Lehmann - 6
Lauren - 6
Djourou - 9
Senderos - 9
Cole - 7
Cygan - 5
Ljungberg - 7
Gilberto - 7
Pires - 8
Fab - 8
Reyes - 9.5
Henry - 10 MOM!!! best game ever!!!

Hleb - 7
Flamini - 5

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Pascal001 said:
3/4 of you haven't seen the game and you're rating the players....

Anyway, I've seen the whole 90 minutes and i can tell you this is the best match since the Aston villa match when we were unbeaten.

Reyes and Henry were incredible.

Henry's best ever performance in an arsenal shirt, better than Inter and Liverpool ones.

I hope they show the skill he did towards the end of the match, its the most incredible trick ive ever ever seen. The middlebrough player didn't know where the ball go, it was like henry had a 3rd foot. lol

Reyes - impressing me game after game.

Special mention to Djourou, we don't need defenders, this guy looks class, fast, and great tackler.

here are the ratings:

Lehmann - 6
Lauren - 6
Djourou - 9
Senderos - 9
Cole - 7
Cygan - 5
Ljungberg - 7
Gilberto - 7
Pires - 8
Fab - 8
Reyes - 9.5
Henry - 10 MOM!!! best game ever!!!

Hleb - 7
Flamini - 5

so you're in the 1/4 who watched the game full 90 minutes and gave djourou a 9? ok whatever man.

but the rest i say you rated them quite true to their perfomance.

senderos' a big man now.

A

Anonymous

bojed said:
so you're in the 1/4 who watched the game full 90 minutes and gave djourou a 9? ok whatever man.

but the rest i say you rated them quite true to their perfomance.

senderos' a big man now.

well i don't know if you watched it, But djourou did not put a fut wrong today, his tackles were spot on, played the offside trap perfectly and his passing and composure could not be faulted. I gave him a 9 because a player playing like this on his debut deserves a score like that.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
For me

Jens- 7
Lauren- 6
Cygan 6 (Cole 6)
Djourou- 7
Senderos-8
Ljungberg- 7
Gilberto- 6
Cesc- 7
Pires- 8
Reyes- 8
Henry- 10.

Hleb- 7
Flamini- 6

RockyRocastle

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
For me

Jens- 7
Lauren- 6
Cygan 6 (Cole 6)
Djourou- 7
Senderos-8
Ljungberg- 7
Gilberto- 6
Cesc- 7
Pires- 8
Reyes- 8
Henry- 10.

Hleb- 7
Flamini- 6

Can really fault that.

Ive given Reyes stick in the past, but he was excellent today - needs to take this form into Saturday.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom