• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Newcastle | 18/11/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6
never really tested and can't be blamed for the conceded goal.

eboue - 6
has to take his fair share of the blame for the goal, but offered a bit going forward.

toure - 7,5
strong performance and showed a bit of heart at the end of the match and joined in attack.

gallas - 7
pretty solid.

clichy - 6
i want to see him offer a lot more going forward.

hleb - 8 MOM
a decent first half and a terrific 2nd half. our most creative player by far today.

baptista - 5
looked rusty.

flamini - 6
decent

cesc - 7
average first half. much better 2nd half.

van persie - 5,5
very quiet.

adebayor - 5,5
worked hard, but wasted a couple of decent chances(as usual).

henry - 6,5 scored a good goal, but didn't look as sharp and lively as he used to be.

walcott - 5,5
quiet and hesitant. a couple of decent touches, but needs to be more active and take more responsibility.

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7 - You've got to feel for the man.

Eboue 6 - Passive defending on the goal, should have tackled Dyer.

Toure 7 - Rock.

Gallas 7 - Solid.

Clichy 6 - Not good defensively, should go past people more when going forward.

Hleb 8 - Again a good game from him, was excellent on the left in the second half.

Cesc 7 - A game of two halves. Very poor in the first, came to life in the 4-4-2. He is a big boy Arsène, he really is.

Baptista 6 - Didn't look fit but showed some neat touches. Has to get used to the pace of the league.

Flamini 6 - Like Cesc was much better in the second half, though didn't offer anything special.

Van Persie 7 - Our best player in the first half, unlucky to go off injured.

Adebayor 5 - He'll never be more than a squad player unless he improves his finishing dramatically.

Subs:

Henry 8 - Brilliant goal and a danger throughout the second half.

Walcott 7 - Offered useful penetration on the right and put in some good crosses. Should take on people more.

Wenger 3

qs

Established Member
lehmann - 5
Did nothing but pick the ball out of his own net

eboue - 5
culpable for the goal and alot of poor crossing

toure - 6
Did alright but not amazing

gallas - 7
did alright, offered a bit in attack too

clichy - 5
pretty poor, Martins made a mug of him

hleb - 8
probably our best player. Rrely lost posession, kept Duff quiet, offered alot of creativity

baptista - 5
still needs to find full fitness and get used to the prem.

flamini - 6
mixed bag. Some good tackles and some bad passing

cesc - 6
poor by his own standards

van persie - 7
best player of the first half looked dangerous

adebayor - 6
had one good shot worked hard and won a few balls but over all not good enough

henry - 7 good goal, couldve had a second, shouldve started

walcott - 6 looked bright in places but he was weak on occassion

Gryphon

how can ade sleep at night if he misses like this ??
i get worried when i screw up in a inter school match !!

GoodOldArsenal

Lehmann - 6 - wasn't tested, no chance on the goal.

Eboue - 6 - decent on the attack, but was partially responsible for the goal

Toure - 7 - solid as usual

Gallas - 7 - solid performance

Clichy - 6 - made a few good runs going forward

Hleb - MOM - 8 - set up lots of chances and looked very sharp, a solid performance

Flamini - 6 - decent

Cesc - 7 - looking much better than recently

Van Persie - 7 - had a solid first half with a couple good chances, unfortunate that he got injured.

Adebayor - 5.5 - not his best performance, was average

Henry - 8 - a fine performance, scored a stunning goal and created several other chances.

Baptista - 6 - has potential but not quite fit yet.

Walcott - 6 - had a couple good plays but still has some work to do (certainly showing potential though)

Rohit

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Hleb 8 - Again a good game from him, was excellent on the left in the second half.

Wenger 3

Havn't seen the game,did Hleb play on the left for the whole of the 2nd half or only changing wings ?

And you call Wenger a coward and give him 3,i'll give him a 0.

nazo

Established Member
Rohit said:
Gurgen said:

Wenger 3

Havn't seen the game,did Hleb play on the left for the whole of the 2nd half or only changing wings ?

And you call Wenger a coward and give him 3,i'll give him a 0.

He played right then switched to left when Walcott came on.

otfgoon

Established Member
Jens - dint have much to do, didnt save the only real shot on goal. 6

Eboue - looked a bit slack for me today, and poor crossing and got caught out of position a few times. 6

Kolo - Could he have done better for the goal? not sure. 6

Gallas - Could have done better for the goal. 5.5

Clichy - Was a bit sloppy on the ball but provided decent support. 6

Hleb - Was quite good after newcastle scored. 7

Cesc - Was very good in the second, alright in the first. 7

Bap - average, showed good moments but not enough influence on the game. 6

Robin - not sure really, had a great chance to score, but seemed unsure on the ball. 5.5

Ade - not one of his best days. 5.5

Flamini - Dint realy do anything 5.

Henry - Was awsome, should have started. 7.5

Wacott - did well. 6.5

sabret00the

Established Member
Hleb - 8 - Our best player.

van Persie - 7 - The attacking threat.

Rest - 6 - Not good enough.

Baptista - 5 - Not match fit.

mad jens

Lehmann-7-Newcastle had one shot on target only. What can you do but sigh. i really feel for him

Eboue -6.5-Right flank was used a lot in the first half but nothing much in the second half as walcott doesn't cut in but runs down the flank

Toure -7- Credit for offer much in attack and that was a nice flick to fabregas.

Gallas -7-Solid

Clichy -6- Average game

Hleb -8.5- Pure brilliance.

Flamini- 7- Ok and played his part well.

Fabregas-7.5-Orchestrated most of the attacks and did quite well. Linked up with hleb well.

RvP -6.5- Nothing much done in the first half. You should have scored for your baby!

Baptista-5- Lost almost every ball he touched. In one word: Rusty. No excuse though he just came back from injury.

Walcott-6.5- Slowly feeling his way into the English game. Anyone notice his crosses were always for the far post?

Adebayor-5.5- I think everyone else have said their piece about him what more can i say. A few more of these type of games from him, sorry you're off

Henry -7.5- Did well. Great goal. Finding his form.

Linson

Gurgen said:

Lol!
I couldnt catch the first half, what happened as far as the goal conceded goes?
I saw Henrys wonder freekick! How did Baptista play?

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens - 7 - Nothing to do

Eboue - 6 - Got forward but his crossing was piss poor

Gallas - 7 - Solid

Kolo - 7 - Solid

Clichy - 6 - Nothing special

Flamini - 6 - Look at Clichy

Cesc - 6 - Decent

Beast - 5 - Nice touches but nothing else

Hleb - 8 - best attacking threat

RVP - 6 - Hope he's OK

Ade - 6 - Average

Henry - 7 - Great goal, we looked more dangerous with him on the pitch.

Theo - 6 - Needs to take on his opponent more often

mad jens

otfgoon said:

Eboue - looked a bit slack for me today, and poor crossing and got caught out of position a few times. 6

Gallas - Could have done better for the goal. 5.5Clichy - Was a bit sloppy on the ball but provided decent support. 6

Robin - not sure really, had a great chance to score, but seemed unsure on the ball. 5.5

Wacott - did well. 6.5

You gave Baptista a 6 but flamini a 5?? You must be joking. and also gallas a 5.5 and ade a 5.5 too? i seriously suspect you have been watching the wrong game.

americanarf

Established Member
gunning griffin said:
how can ade sleep at night if he misses like this ??
i get worried when i screw up in a inter school match !!

i know what you mean, it like the odd occassion at park when you miss and you are dissapointed in urself ... at the top level misses cost points and has he ever been good at finishing with his foot? no and i dont see him improving anytime soon. I actually think someone like Bendtner should be on our bench ... surely he is a better finisher.

otfgoon

Established Member
mad jens said:
otfgoon said:

Gallas - Could have done better for the goal. 5.5Clichy - Was a bit sloppy on the ball but provided decent support. 6

Wacott - did well. 6.5

You gave Baptista a 6 but flamini a 5?? You must be joking. and also gallas a 5.5 and ade a 5.5 too? i seriously suspect you have been watching the wrong game.

What exactly did Flamini do except pass the ball short to cesc? And dont tell me he provided defensive cover cos he didnt. Ade's passing was poor, touch was poor, was poor in the air and missed a chance or two, working hard only gets you so far. Bap was the only player who seemed to be trying before newcastle scored, his match fitness wasnt up to much so I went easy on him.

Please tell me how or why you think my ratings are wrong.

mad jens

otfgoon said:
mad jens said:
otfgoon said:

Wacott - did well. 6.5

What exactly did Flamini do except pass the ball short to cesc? And dont tell me he provided defensive cover cos he didnt. Ade's passing was poor, touch was poor, was poor in the air and missed a chance or two, working hard only gets you so far. Bap was the only player who seemed to be trying before newcastle scored, his match fitness wasnt up to much so I went easy on him.

Please tell me how or why you think my ratings are wrong.

Flamini did his job well and covered as well as gilberto. If gilberto was on the pitch he would only have passed to fabregas too. Everytime Baptista got the ball it was the end of our attack. Baptista was poor the whole game even though he tried. Ade tried too but was still poor

otfgoon

Established Member
mad jens said:
Flamini did his job well and covered as well as gilberto. If gilberto was on the pitch he would only have passed to fabregas too. Everytime Baptista got the ball it was the end of our attack. Baptista was poor the whole game even though he tried. Ade tried too but was still poor

5 may be harsh but there were far to many occassions where Martins or Dyer were allowed to run at Kolo/Gallas without being challenged, Bertie would not have allowed it in my opinion.

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Eboue 5
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 5
Hleb 8
Fabregas 6
Flamini 6
Baptista 5
Van Persie 7
Adebayor 5

Henry 7
Walcott 6

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom