• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Reading | 03/03/07

Buhry

Established Member

Lehmann - 7. Mad Jens looked mad today. Nice save towards the end.
Djourou - 5.5 Caught out too often and didn't offer much going forward.
Gilberto - 7 Solid
Gallas - 7 Solid.
Clichy - 7,5 Solid. Did well to win a pen.
Hleb - 7,5 Creative, retained possesion well.
Denilson - 7,5 Did well. Nice pass for Ali for his ''goal''
Cesc - 7 Played well apart from the own goal and that horror-miss.
Ljungberg - 6 Should have scored.
Theo - 6. Quiet.
Baptista - 6 Didnt play well apart from a goal and that pass for Cesc.

Subs:
Ali - 7. Wrongly disallowed goal.
Diaby - 7. Kept the ball well.
Senderos - 5

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann - 7 Unleashing a fresh Mad Jens is a joy to watch. :lol:
Djourou - 6
Gilberto - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 8 amazing run for the first goal.
Hleb - 7
Denilson - 7
Cesc - 7
Ljungberg - 7
Theo - 6
Baptista - 7

Subs:
Ali - 6
Diaby - 6.5
Senderos - 6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Lehmann 7 - hates it when he demolish the morale and closeness of our players by shouting at them in front of a capacity crowd. only made the team looked like monkey. made a great save though that earn him a 7.

djourou 6 - looked out of place, played sloppy passes. contributed little.

gilberto 7 - saved us a couple of times, looked extremely confident as a defender. good goal/penalty.

gallas 7 - good match for him. he can improve further

clichy 7 - earn us a penalty. avg match

hleb 7.5 - still lacked match sharpness, but opened up reading defence fantastically with some magnificent low passes.

denilson 7 - nothing fantastic, no errors too.

cesc 6.5 - got his first EPL goal this season on the 2nd try after a miss of the season. (3rd try if you count the long shot)

ljungberg 6.5 - runs at the reading full back and runs past him all day long. no final product though.

baptista 6 - very very poor touches and held up our nice play unneccesarily everytime he got the ball. very very useless at certain times. got a lucky goal though through some mishit and miskicks.

walcott 6.5 - showed glimps of talents in the forward role. but he always failed to bring the ball past a defender, ALWAYS!

subs
senderos 4 - gave me shocks after shocks

ali 5 - too little time to make an impact, but got a good goal wrongly disallowed, and had another goal snatched away by julio.

diaby 7 - he changed our whole midfield once he came on.

stuart

Established Member
Lehmann-7- Very comical but he shouldn't be so hard on his team mates

Djourou-6- Not a right back. Very sloppy at times.
Gallas-7- Good game
Gilberto-7.5- Took penalty well, did a good job in defence
Clichy-7.5- He had no right to get onto Ljunbergs pass but he did and won a penalty ... super

Hleb-7- Much better, espescially in 1st half i thought
Fabregs-8- Excellent, bar the awful miss
Denilson-7- Played well
Ljunberg-7- Surprised me, took his man on and beat him reguarly, good game i thought

Walcott-7- Definately a better striker. Looked a bit lost when taking on his man but he was always a threat. Gonna be a goal machine in a few years
Baptista-6- Bar the goal i thought he was truely awful

True Gooner

Established Member
Lehmann-7- Super save at the end but got to calm down a bit

Djourou-6- Almost as bad as Senderos was.

Gallas-7.5- Solid

Gilberto-7.5- Commanded the air like a monster

Clichy-7.5- Overall he had a great game but unbelievable desire and commitment going foward

Hleb-7- In and out of the game

Fabregs-7.5- Good apart from the fact that he like missed the sitter of the season, even Rosickys wasnt as bad

Denilson-7- Did well suprisingly because I thought he played far too many games in the last few weeks

Ljunberg-7-Best game of the season

Walcott-6.5Not bad for his first appearance as a striker

Baptista -7- Disagree with Stuart, Baptista was pretty good today, granted he missed a lot but he caused the defence a lot more trouble and also drew them out wide when he dropped off. Overall contribution was really doo though I feel he tries to impress too much - 1st touch was also good

Subs -
Diaby - 7 - Magnificent did anyone see the way he danced around Reading before he tried to setup Ali and Baps at the same time :wink:
Ali - 6
Senderos -5- Why was he on the right again ?? and to crown it of he got a yellow card too :roll:

gstew

Lehmann - 7
Djourou - 5.5 Not a good right back so maybe I should grade on a curve.
Gilberto - 7.5 Played pretty well.
Gallas - 8 Played well....yelled at Lehmann well.
Clichy - 8.5 Seems to never have a bad game. He and cesc are our players of the year.
Hleb - 7.5 Was extraordinary and then inexplicably made horrendous decisions to put defense under pressure.
Denilson - 7.5 Except for a few poor decisions with the ball he was practically flawless. Defended like a veteran.
Cesc - 7.5 Back to excellence in controlling game. Own goal was unlucky....but his miss was criminal. His shot in the second half, though, was exceptional. Great save by Hahnemann.
Ljungberg - 7.5 Best he has played in years.
Theo - 6 Showed talent and he didn't look out of his depth today.
Baptista - 6 Was dangerous, but his finishing has been terrible. And his first touch and understanding with teammates is awful.

Subs:
Ali - 6 Would have had goal if Baps hadn't taken run into his path.
Diaby - 7.5 I love him!!
Senderos - 5 Perfect flick-on for Cesc's own goal.

fab4girl

stuart said:
Lehmann-7- Very comical but he shouldn't be so hard on his team mates

Djourou-6- Not a right back. Very sloppy at times.
Gallas-7- Good game
Gilberto-7.5- Took penalty well, did a good job in defence
Clichy-7.5- He had no right to get onto Ljunbergs pass but he did and won a penalty ... super

Hleb-7- Much better, espescially in 1st half i thought
Fabregs-8- Excellent, bar the awful miss
Denilson-7- Played well
Ljunberg-7- Surprised me, took his man on and beat him reguarly, good game i thought

Walcott-7- Definately a better striker. Looked a bit lost when taking on his man but he was always a threat. Gonna be a goal machine in a few years
Baptista-6- Bar the goal i thought he was truely awful

i agree with these except Gilberto and Gallas gets 0.5 more each and theo 1 less.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Djourou 5
Gilberto 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 6.5
Denilson 7
Fabregas 7
Hleb 6
Ljungberg 7
Baptista 6
Walcott 6

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Lehmann 7 Great late save, saved our asses, but he shouldnt yell at others..
Djourou 6 Got lost few times
Gilberto 7.5 Great at centre back. I was worried though when I saw him taking the sot-kick
Gallas 8 Solid performance, he is getting back in shape
Clichy 8 Keeps impressing, made a great run for the penalty.
Denilson 8.5 My MOTM, I absolutely loved his dedication and hard fight. He should definitely take corners, as he is better than Cesc at taking corners.
Fabregas 7 My gandma could've scored that :). That haunted him throughout the game
Hleb 7.5 Good performance and made some great passes
Ljungberg 7 Showed some good play, but not like Freedie we all remember
Baptista 6.5 Apart from goal, he slowed almost every attack we had, and is still crap in ball control and release
Walcott 7.5 A very lively performance, in-experience is what caused him not to score today.

Subs:

Diaby 7.5 Showed his presence during his time
Ali 7 Moved a lot and showed his qualities. Too bad his goal was disallowed, he showed some real class there and the other chance blocked by Baptista.
Senderos 5 He is our weak point at the moment, and he needs some time to get back to his shape.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
albakos said:
Diaby 7.5 Showed his presence during his time

His cameo today was wonderful. His balance and poise is superb. He's going to become a very important player for us. He offers us something different in midfield.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
lets just hope he can keep himself injury free, and then next season he can be a true "force" for us.....

qs

Established Member
Lehmann 7
Djourou 5
Gilberto 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Denilson 7
Fabregas 8
Hleb 7
Ljungberg 8
Baptista 7
Walcott 6

Diaby 7
Senderos 6
Ali 6

sam961gunners

Lehmann - 7, what a save from Sidwell at the death, looked more comfortable with set-pieces today aswell.

Djourou - 6, didn't look comfortable at right-back, done better in the second half.

Gilberto - 8, this guy is amazing, played like he'd been playing at center-back his whole career.

Gallas - 8, solid throughout, got forward well.

Clichy - 7, another good performace, great run to win the penalty.

Hleb - 6, not at his best today, gave the ball away far too easily, had a good battle with Hunt.

Denilson - 8, superb, thought he may get a little tired after playing in midweek but he proved wrong, a few missplaced passes but overall a brilliant performance.

Fabregas - 7, i feel sorry for him really, most papers will give him a 6 becasue of the miss and the own goal but i thought he played well.

Ljungberg - 6, average performace, linked up well with Clichy.

Walcott -7, involved in almost everything, his decision making still needs to improve but i thought he timed his runs well and had a good game up-top with Beast.

Baptista - 7, one of his better performances, dropped deep to get involved and took his goal well.

Subs: Diaby -7, Aliadiere -6, Senderos -5.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7
djourou - 5
gallas - 6,5
gilberto - 6
clichy - 6,5
hleb - 7
denilson -7
cesc - 6
ljungberg - 6,5
baptista - 6,5
walcott - 6

beanz

Mad Jens, 8 - Top entertainment AND a decent late save, what more could we ask
Johann, 7 - Good on the ball, but a bit sloppy when passing out of defence.
Bert, 9 - Top defender, top pen & top captains performance.
Will, 8 - Better & better with each game back
Gael, 8 - Amazing runs that young Theo would do well to emulate.
Alex, 7 - A typically mixed bag of wonderful close control and wayward passes when he tires.
Cesc, 8 - Superlative midfield dynamo capped off with a magnificent 4 yard miss.
Denilson, 8 - Much better from the little Brazilian, a real gem of a player.
Freddie, 7 - Not the player he was two seasons ago, but still gives every last drop of sweat for the cause.
Julio, 7- I think he's got a bit of Belarusian in his blood, (see comments on Alex), worth an extra point for the goal though.
Theo, 7 - He's getting there, piano piano, (slowly slowly) as the Italians say, one day he'll put in a scorching game.
Subs, 7 - Nice, especially Big Phils header on for the goal. ;D

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Every time Diaby takes the ball and brings it forward, my heart is but a flutter of joy on a summer breeze.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom