• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Watford | 14/10/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 7
fairly solid in a quiet match, but missed a kick that could have cost us a conceded goal.

hoyte - 6,5
pretty good and solid defensively, but doesn't offer us enough going forward. especially compared to someone like eboue.

djourou - 7,5
solid

toure - 7,5
solid

gallas - 7
solid and made a few good runs out on the left wing as well.

walcott - 6,5
a couple of great moves and touches, but disappeared for parts of the match. decent.

cesc - 7,5
played well. good passing and controlled the midfield.

gilberto - 7
solid.

rosicky - 8
played very well. great movement off the ball and very good on the ball. unlucky not to score.

adebayor - 7,5
played well. won headers, scored a goal and i liked his movement off the ball tonight.

henry - 8
scored a great goal and had a nice assist. we still haven't seen the best of him this season, but he is still more than a handful for most defenders.

hleb - ( 8 )
didn't play much, but the second he came on our game improved. i love the fact that he isn't afraid at all to run with the ball and get a bit of pace on the attack. superb vision, quick og great passing. quickly developing into one of our most important players.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
lehmann 6.5 - good game. decent with crosses. made good saves towards the end from francis and king, otherwise nothing much to do.

hoyte 6.5 - beginning to improve. didnt do much wrong. decent in attack as well, almost assisted one. growing in confidence

toure 7 - solid as ever, and even provided decent service up front and joined up with the attack lotsa times. saved djourou blushes and forced stewart to score for us

djourou 6.5 - shaky, from marlon's aerial threat and watford's direct bombardment. otherwise okay. improved in the 2nd half

gallas 7.5 - good in supporting the forward. very comfortable

gilberto 6.5 - decent, unspectacular, got his job done.

rosicky 8 - great game. unlucky not to get a hattrick after 4 superb saves by their goalie. beggining to be our new freddie with superb runs.

cesc 7.5 - spread passes well. unlucky not to get a goal after rounding the keeper. great assist. sloppy passes at times still. need a rest IMO though.

walcott 7 - good debut start. shown alot of pace and promise early on. great passes too. hasnt gel with team yet though.

ade 7 - got a goal he deserved. worked hard all afternoon, challenge for corners and FK. caused alot of pressure to the watford defence.

henry 7.5 - slowly getting his form and fitness back. missed a few chances. scored a good goal and made one for ade.

subs

hleb 6.5 - very tricky, but not in the mood when he came as all arsenal players were tired and content with 3-0

rvp 6 - nothing much to do, than a overthebar shot.

clichy 6 - good run out, can see the promise of him just by the 10 mins. confident he can be better than ****ley in terms of footballing and certainly integrity.

overall, very good match for us. pleased to see us having so much depth when theres 3 key players injured. wenger got what he wanted which is a dream team and i am pretty pleased with this squad as well.
goalie good
defence good
midfield excellent
attack superb
depth very good

EDIT: after rewatching the match, added ratings 0.5 and 1.5 to djourou and cesc each.

Gryphon

lehmann - 7
pretty good; screwed up a kick but otherwise good hands, hleped the CBs by claiming a lot of crosses

hoyte - 6,5
much more comfy at right back; tried hard going ahead

djourou - 7,5
good game in the second half used his pace to cover up errors

toure - 7,5
heh poped up everywhere trying to score but the whole backline was a bit lost on the high passes

gallas - 7.5
glad to see he shook off his injury, solid

walcott - 7
started off brightly but come on no one expected him to do this for 90 min but we all saw his potential and thats enough

cesc - 7,5
controlled mid field well but could have tried to find theo a bit more
he dissappeared cause no one really passed to him; cesc and rosick have forged a great understanding

gilberto - 7
good

rosicky - 9 (MotM)
amazing player works his socks of and fights real hard he shot as much as he could brilliant overall

adebayor - 7,5
arguably adebayors better games deserved the goal won a lot in the air

henry - 8
he coming back; 1assist and 1 goal scared the **** out of watford espicially when he dropped deep

SUB:-
hleb - ( 8 )
super sub- played well on literally his 1st touch and had superb vision to find rosicky'

RVP- not enough time

clichy- happy to have you back

sword_gun

You are saying goalie good, but why give lehmann only 6.5... i think he deserves 8 just because he always keeps the back four spot on...
he is a legend in the making

nazo

Established Member
Wengerist_007 said:
didnt get to watch the game. how did clichy do?

He didn't get much time but he was decent. Good to have him back.

stuart said:
how would you guys rate walcott? didnt see the game but herad he was brilliant

Walcott did well. He showed glimpses of the talent he has but faded in and out of the game (especially in the second half)

I have to say he is one confident kid too.

jay-d

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
lehmann 6.5 - good game. decent with crosses. made a good save towards the end from francis, otherwise nothing much to do.

hoyte 6.5 - beginning to improve. didnt do much wrong. decent in attack as well, almost assisted one. growing in confidence

toure 7 - solid as ever, and even provided decent service up front and joined up with the attack lotsa times. saved djourou blushes and forced stewart to score for us

djourou 6 - shaky, from marlon's aerial threat and watford's direct bombardment. otherwise okay.

gallas 7.5 - good in supporting the forward. very comfortable

gilberto 6.5 - decent, unspectacular, got his job done.

rosicky 8 - great game. unlucky not to get a hattrick after 4 superb saves by their goalie. beggining to be our new freddie with superb runs.

cesc 6 - is he deproving or my eyesight detiorating. sloppy passes at times. need a rest IMO. remember he is still a 18

walcott 7 - good debut start. shown alot of pace and promise early on. great passes too. hasnt gel with team yet though.

ade 7 - got a goal he deserved. worked hard all afternoon, challenge for corners and FK. caused alot of pressure to the watford defence.

henry 7.5 - slowly getting his form and fitness back. missed a few chances. scored a good goal and made one for ade.

subs

hleb 6.5 - very tricky, but not in the mood when he came as all arsenal players were tired and content with 3-0

rvp 6 - nothing much to do, than a overthebar shot.

clichy 6 - good run out, can see the promise of him just by the 10 mins. confident he can be better than ****ley in terms of footballing and certainly integrity.

overall, very good match for us. pleased to see us having so much depth when theres 3 key players injured. wenger got what he wanted which is a dream team and i am pretty pleased with this squad as well.
goalie good
defence good
midfield excellent
attack superb
depth very good

You've done a serious injustice to Djourou and Cesc.

cesc18

lehmann 6.5
hoyte 6.5
toure 7
djorou 6.5
gallas 7
rosicky 8
cesc 7.5
gilberto 7
walcott 6.5
henry 7.5
ade 7

stuart

Established Member
did we kill them, were we back to or old selves or was it just a matter of us taking our chances and them failing to?

F_Henry

Good game, but not our best, passing could of been alot better but dominating performance nonetheless.

Lehmann: 7- Good, easy game he didn't have to make that many saves- most were uncontested crosses.

Djourou: 7- Solid game, but didn't effectively deal with some crosses on a couple occasions.

Toure: 7.5- Solid game, almost scored

Gallas: 7- Good defensive display, got forward.

Hoyte: 7- I was pleased with his performance, He tried getting forward and used his pace.

Gilberto: 6.5- At one point I forgot he was in the game until i heard his name. Not his fault- ball mostly in their half.

Cesc: 7.5- Woke up in the second half, brilliant performance in the second half- with his accurate passing and strong defensive presence.

Rosicky: 8.5- Passing, shooting, runs, determination were all very good.

Walcott: 7- considering he's only 17, i'd say it was a very good/ very promising debut.

Adebayor: 7.5- Won headers- that led to Henry's goal and scored a goal, overall good performance.

Henry: 7.5- Good game, but we know he has alot more to offer. A goal and assist.

It was a good performance after an International Break.
- The only problem i have is as much as i love watching Cesc play- he needs a rest like what Wenger did with the Lehmann and Almunia situation a couple season's back.

Congratz to Wenger on 10 Years, Hopefully we'll see 10 years more!!

sabret00the

Established Member
Walcott had about three touches and you lot are rating him six's and seven's. i'm confused. yes when he did get the ball he looked lively, though i still feel like Adebayor he looks for Henry too much. But there's much to be improved on todays performance, he gets a five max. some of your should refer to what you gave van Persie a couple weeks back when he done everything right except score.

Lehmann 6
Hoyte 6
Toure 7
Djourou 6
Gallas 6
Rosicky 6
Fabregas 6
Gilberto 7
Walcott 5
Henry 7
Adebayor 7

I thought the defence showed lapses in concentration, which they shouldn't do, but when you're leading and having fun, it's easy to do.

I thought the midfield never really looked like it was doing anything until Hleb came on, the distribution was poor, we had players like Walcott and Rosicky waiting to be unleashed and they weren't found enough for my liking. though Rosicky managed to impose himself on the game a little better than his wing counterpart. i thought the attack done well enough.

All in all, the performance was one that showed fatigue for the most part from our key players, i would've really liked for Henry to come off early, not just in preparation for the next came but as a safety measure for later in the season. would've loved to see Walcott get some minutes up front too. Solid performance which bore goals, you really can't complain about that.

disclaimer: i reserve the right to modify/rectify these ratings after re watching the game on Sky

vanderguy

Sabret your post is toally crap :( especially about walcott,if fabregas had the chance made by walcott and he nearly scored in the second half

zuberi

Jens Lehmann : 7.6
Some important saves

Johan Djourou: 7.9
Maturing

William Gallas: 7.9
Fine

Kolo Toure: 8.1
Bright

Justin Hoyte: 7.1
Ok

Theo Walcott: 8.2
Showed glimpses of his potential

Cesc Fabregas: 8.6
Pulled the strings

Gilberto: 7.8
Quietly effective

Tomas Rosicky: 8.8 - MOTM
Lively

Emmanuel Adebayor: 7.5
A threat

Thierry Henry: 8.8
At his majestic best

Gael Clichy: 7.2
(SUB) Welcome return

Alexander Hleb: 7.9
(SUB) Made an impact

Robin Van Persie: 7.5
(SUB) Posed problems

jaguars4ever

stuart said:
did we kill them, were we back to or old selves or was it just a matter of us taking our chances and them failing to?
I'd say it was an Invincible-esque performance. The only thing we were guilty of was being a bit sloppy and casual at times during the second half. But other than stupid off-side calls and their keeper pulling off unreal saves, we were unlucky to have not won this match 5-0 or 6-0.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom