• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | 07/04/07

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6. meh, hardly involved.

eboue - 6. decent.

toure - 6. decent.

gallas - 6. decent.

clichy - 5,5. solid defensively, disappointing going forward. piss poor final ball.

hleb - 5. some nice touches, but gave the ball away far too often.

cesc - 6. decent, but should have scored.

gilberto - 5,5. should have scored.

rosicky - 7. very good game, but should have scored.

adebayor - 7,5. very good game, but should have scored.

ljungberg - 6,5. good game, but should have scored.

Sammer

Established Member
Disagree about Clichy. I thought he was one of the better players today.

Freddies 6.5 rating seems a bit high, too.

sesquioxide

Re: Arsenal - West Ham, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
clichy - 5,5. solid defensively, disappointing going forward. piss poor final ball.
gilberto - 5,5. should have scored.

Kel, while I find nothing wrong with your comments, do you really think that Clichy and Gilberto are our worst performers today?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Lehmann 6
Eboue 5.5
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6

Hleb 5
Gilberto 6
Fabregas 6
Rosicky 6.5

Ljungberg 6
Adebayor 6.5

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6
Hleb 6
Cesc 7
Gilberto 7
Rosicky 6
Ade 5
Freddie 5

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Not sure how you can rate Eboue higher than Clichy...

better final ball. clichy hoofed it in purposelessly and aimlessly. as he does every time....

nazo

Established Member
Sammer said:
Gurgen said:
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6
Hleb 6
Cesc 7
Gilberto 7
Rosicky 6
Ade 5
Freddie 5

Now those ratings are more like it !

Yup, i agree with those too. But Jens didn't have anything to do, i would give him a 6.

otfgoon

Established Member
Lehmann 6 - at fault for the goal? I dunno

Eboue 6 - not great, not bad.

Clichy 7 - solid defensively.

Kolo 6 - meh

Gallas 6 - meh

Gilberto - 5 should have scored, didnt do much else.

Rosicky 8 - Great performance apart from finishing

Cesc 7 - looked a lot more like his old self today, unfortunately that also including the finishing part.

Hleb 6 - Started well but became sloppy as the game went on

Freddie 6.5 - some great runs and movement. Should have scored.

Ade 7 - Did really well apart from the finishing.

Add 1 or 2 to each rating if some of the chances were converted.

Lev

lehmann - 6. average, need to see a replay of the goal tonight, but from what i saw at the match, he was off his line too much to stop it. Whether he shouldv been that far off his line ill see tonight.

eboue - 5.5. He looked very lathargic today, and not the Eboue were used to. From the 1st minute i thought he was still injured, he wanst moving freely, and for me that affected his game a lot.

toure - 6.5. Heart, determination, and passion. He may have been at fault for the goal, but thats something else which i can't be sure of until i watch MOTD. He ran, tried to move foward, and was full of fight.

gallas - 5.5. Bit lazy for me, not enough determination from a guy thats complained about the winning spirit at Arsenal. Didnt look motivated enough, when he should'v been commanding the defenders to push up towards the last 15 minutes.

clichy - 6.5 Ran his heart out, poor guy was sprinting to one end, see us waste an opportunity, and do his best to sprint back. And im telling you, i sae him do this in the 85th minute aswell as earlier. OK he didnt do much on the ball, but i cant fault his effort

hleb - 5. Started well, then became absolute ****e after about 40minutes

cesc - 6. Below par, shouldv scored the one on one

gilberto - 6 He wasnt there to lead the attack, so i cant blame him for anything. Shouldv scored though

rosicky - 7. One of the workers in the team today, constanly running and trying to make things happen. Unlucky not to score

adebayor - 7. ANother Clichy, ran his heart out, and maybe shouldv bagged a goal or 2. Cant fault his effort

ljungberg - 6,5. He wanted to win, and he showed it, another one of those who tried his best to make things happen

Lev

GoonerGurjit said:
Lev said:
hleb - 5. Started well, then became absolute s***e after about 40minutes

40 minutes is being very kind. I would say he became absolute s***e after 15 minutes.

Yeah i thought i was being a bit soft woth saying 40mins there, when maybe 20/25 wouldv been better.

The back four as a whole - 7.5, the fact that West Ham only had 6 shots and only 36% possession is largely due to their efforts at shutting down the attacks. Clichy and Eboue were not their best however.

Lehmann - 6, I'll need to watch the goal again but too often he plays far off his line and doesn't recover. We can blame the defenders for lapses but too many times this season the opposition has scored while only being allowed a few attempts, whether setpieces or open play.

Gilberto - 8, couldn't finish some tough shots but won a lot of balls and defended well. He gave some spark when the rest of the team looked beaten.

Midfield - 5.5, Cesc looked better defensively than on the attack, for Rosicky the opposite was true

Freddie - 7, probably should have found a way to score but good effort and heart

Ade - 6.5, good movement but passing was shoddy as well his decision making

subs 6, looked desparate and ultimately ineffective but threatened

number_0

Established Member
4-Lehman: again and again he lets the opposition score from very few chances, seriosly when was the last time a team had more than 6 shots on goal? even pool didnt have that many shots but they took them very well.

6-Eboue: did very well all the forward runs, him and hleb kept the right side under their belts.

5-clichey: struggled defensivly, but his offensive runs made up for it, even though it was for nothing.....

5-toure: not that he wasnt great, it was his sense of positioning that lets him down again and again

7-gallas: tried...

8-freddie:created chances after chances, and we could see the glimpse of the old Ljunberg, running behind defenders.

6-rosicky: did some cleaver passes and runs, but he couldnt win the ball from an opposition, byebye CM position...

7-hleb: seemed to forget which side he was own and started giving away free passes, but his defending work was positive, and he sat up many chances for others to blow, including the famous 6-yards from goal pass.

7-fabregas: i swear the boy is possesed, how many times have he hit the crossbad? how many sitters? how many saves of the season keepers made from his shots, if it was a manu player, he would have scored those kicks hes been shoting.
oh yeah, typical proformance, lovely passing, and defending, and missing opportunities

8-gilberto: seriously he's been the only one with a positive season so far for us, other tha filling in for caption, and out scoreing our show ponies of midfield, he was the only one who was remotly capable of scoring today.

8-Ade: better proformance than the rest, seems to have caught the sitter-phobia from his teamates, but worked hard nonthe less

6-Ali: that miss was inexcusable, other than that, proformed well, and was the only one fighting inside the 18yards.

4-baptista: when freddie left and Baptista entered i lost my hope of us grabbing something from this game, worked hard, but the priemership is to fast for his brain.

??-diaby: ......

Biggus

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Lev said:
hleb - 5. Started well, then became absolute s***e after about 40minutes

40 minutes is being very kind. I would say he became absolute s***e after 15 minutes.

I would say 15 seconds.....Green spilled the ball out of shock when it (sort of) was played forward.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 6 - not much to do, not sure what else he could have done about the goal, Zamora caught him flat footed

Eboue 5 - a shadow of his former self
Toure 6 - Jittery, unassured
Gallas 6.5 - ok
Clichy 6.5 - always running and worked hard

Helb 4 - very sloppy game
Cesc 5.5 - slow, lethargic
Gilberto 7.5 - strong showing, unlucky not to score
Rosicky 7 - could have had two assists, decent game

Freddy 7 - Tenacious effort, our best 'winger' on the day, should have scored
Ade 7.5 - always a threat but unable to score, made things happen

Biggus

Established Member
number_0 said:
4-Lehman: again and again he lets the opposition score from very few chances, seriosly when was the last time a team had more than 6 shots on goal? even pool didnt have that many shots but they took them very well.

Are you for real?

number_0 said:
7-hleb: seemed to forget which side he was own and started giving away free passes, but his defending work was positive, and he sat up many chances for others to blow, including the famous 6-yards from goal pass.

Then why give him 7? It was obvious from 15 seconds that this waste of space will never score....so I spent the next 65 minutes screaming at the TV for Arsène to drag him.

number_0 said:
??-diaby: ......

Theres your answer.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
number_0 said:
4-baptista: when freddie left and Baptista entered i lost my hope of us grabbing something from this game, worked hard, but the priemership is to fast for his brain.

What's the point in that? No point rating him the lowest or at all just to have a go at him when he didn't play most of the game, give him a break. :roll:
We still didn't score even with him off the pitch for 75 mins.

Diaby coming on 85 mins for Gilberto was odd though since he was the one with most of the chances. I don't think 10-15 mins is enough for a sub to get up to pace, the 60-65th minute is better when you're chasing a game.

Endris

number_0 said:

Just because the opposition has very few shots on target it doesn't mean the one great shot that goes in had to be saved more then the one great shot that goes in amindst a whole bombardement of shots.
Yes, Pool. That is the point. The defense has to keep the other team from fireing perfect shots at the goal that a keeper can't save.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom