• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs West Ham United | 07/04/07

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Tony Montana said:
And for the recored weren't you being schooled about where to live in London because you said you couldn't live anywhere in south London as the crime rates were so high. That was what you were implying. This was in the lobby.

London town represent. :lol:

School'd about London. I stated that I didnt want to live in the extreme south of London. I was implying that, and I was proven slightly wrong. But the thing is i asked a question. But anyway back on the topic. I love Hleb because of his foot work and his refusal to give up. Attempt to question it or prove it wrong to me, but i am totally ignorant and stubborn when it comes to uncalled for criticism.

ronitc said:
yeah lol at the guys with I <3 HLEB! on their avatars getting upset at this hleb bashing. further hilarity is seeing rednwhite army deriving so much joy from an idiotic comeback while we've just suffered 3 consecutive defeats, in no small measure due to hleb's incompetence.

owww used a big word ey 'incompetence'. Explain why he is incompetent please :). He cant just be incompetent. I actually want to know the specifics as to WHY people give him so much crap?

Lukazan

Established Member
ronitc said:
yeah lol at the guys with I <3 HLEB! on their avatars getting upset at this hleb bashing. further hilarity is seeing rednwhite army deriving so much joy from an idiotic comeback while we've just suffered 3 consecutive defeats, in no small measure due to hleb's incompetence.

In no small measure?

Talk about idiocy.

Hleb played 20 minutes against Everton, 2-3 players aside the whole team were dire against Liverpool and I must have blinked when Hleb miss the sitters Fabregas, Rosicky and Adebayor did yesterday.

Captain

Established Member
very good fun, but he does have more league goals then Rosicky, Cesc or Ljungberg.

Never shoots though....

otfgoon

Established Member
Captain said:
very good fun, but he does have more league goals then Rosicky, Cesc or Ljungberg.

Never shoots though....

They must have been misplaced passes.

ronitc

Lukazan said:
ronitc said:

I <3 HLEB

yes, exactly

Lukazan

Established Member
I think even the most consistent of Hleb bashers, total ****** excluded (that's the majority out), would have a hard time seriously blaming Hleb for our last 3 Premiership defeats.

Thus my love for Hleb has nothing to do with it.

Tony Montana

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Tony Montana said:
Captain said:
I don't blame him.

Where do you live? Do you even live in London?

South London is a bit rubbish tbh mate.

Mate, the reason why he didn't say anywhere in south london was because of the crime rates and what his aussie mates said. Depends where you go. Anyway, do you think living in Richmond, Kew Gardens, Putney and Wimbledon are rubbish?

otfgoon

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
otfgoon said:
Tony Montana said:
Captain said:
I don't blame him.

Where do you live? Do you even live in London?

South London is a bit rubbish tbh mate.

Mate, the reason why he didn't say anywhere in south london was because of the crime rates and what his aussie mates said. Depends where you go. Anyway, do you think living in Richmond, Kew Gardens, Putney and Wimbledon are rubbish?

All I know is East London/Ilford is where its at 8)

sabret00the

Established Member
I think Luka's actually closer to the truth than most people are giving him credit for. Aleks's aversion to shooting of course stands him in fantastic stead as one of the main culprits or our bad run of form but he's consistently put in solid performances. No i'm not saying he hasn't had a few atrocious game but hell even most of you all's lord and saviour (Thierry Henry) is guilty of that.

Aleks is an integral part of our machine, good game or bad game, we're a different team in his absence and seldom for the better, he keeps us ticking and while some mount the response that it's all too slowly his achievements this season shouldn't be understated.

If we're honest, Cesc hasn't had a good season this season and that's to be expected after carrying a midfield on his back last season. Aleks has done the job most of you would've expected to see Cesc doing. Showing for the little passes, dictating the tempo of our attacks and keeping the ball moving.

Due to how much he's having to show for the passes and how most of our play does come from the right side he's of course highlighted. he consistently tries the difficult forward pass to unlock defences, naivety or just an accurate take on our attack, the fact that they need clear cut chances laid on a plate. of course this is just indicative of our problem; we're currently able to create chances but not attacks.

In short someone with so much onus on creating chances is either going to be hailed as hero or villain while counter parts who take pot shots will get plaudits for moving like a fly, going where the **** is. Aleks can only have "good" good games if theirs good movement around him. but one thing he has shown this season is growth, he tries to take responsibility and that's a very good thing for us.

americanarf

Established Member
bluenaz said:
Sammer said:
Gurgen said:
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Gallas 6
Clichy 6
Hleb 6
Cesc 7
Gilberto 7
Rosicky 6
Ade 5
Freddie 5

Now those ratings are more like it !

Yup, i agree with those too. But Jens didn't have anything to do, i would give him a 6.

pretty much agree with the above; yes Ade has the effort but imo his finishing is very poor for a striker therefore doesnt deserve 7s.

americanarf

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Jens 5 What the hell was he doing so far off the line?should go in the summer.

Eboue 6 Alright,needs to buck up his ideas though.

Toure 6 Costing ous a goal a game now for the last 6 weeks,he needs stop giving strikers so much space and relying on his pace to make up the ground.He makes defending look so hard when its not.

Gallas 6.5 Our best defender but still wasnt all that impressive.He was above in there penalty box for the goal ffs.Two Centre Backs that lack discipline spells disaster

Clichy 6 Might as well not go forward,as hes practically useless when gets past the half way line,time and time again his crosses hit no one and his decision making of when to pass or cross is shocking.Needs to work hard in the summer on the basics.

Hleb 6 Frustating as f**k,but he still layed chances on a plate to cesc,ade etc.Would be an incredible player at somewhere like chelsea were he would make a huge amount of goals for there free scoring midfielders.

Cesc 7 If he even put one away he would of got a 9,he was brillant yesterday,and was one of the few players who can make a chance for himself,I would bet my house that he will score a minimum of 5 goals in league next year.In the space of 18 months his shoot power has went from Adebayor to Rvp.Hopefully in the next 18 months his accuracy will go from Rosicky to Pires.

Gilberto 7 Best Defensive Midfield performance ive seen from any DM this season,he was our most dangerous player,which is scary when you think that 3 years ago he was seen as the one flaw of the Invincibles.

Rosicky 6 Played very well put he needs to start putting those away.

Ade 5 I dont care how well he played,he still doesnt look good enough as back up for Rvp or Thierry,he hasnt scored a goal in the league since December.Ive never seen a worse finisher than him,its pathetic how some call him a great back up for Thierry and Rvp when he cant even put the ball into an empty net.

Freddie 6 Played well and looked dangerous,but how can you go from one of the best finishers in the league to one of the worst in the space of 2 years?

QFT nuff said.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom