• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Aston Villa vs Arsenal | 14/03/07

mad jens

Lehmann-8 saved our butts a few times, confident when collecting crosses and corners.

Djourou-5 Was a liability and offered nothing going forward. Did nothing wrong though

Gilberto-6 Not comfortable and i thought he had Carew in his pocket

Gallas-6 Nothing much for him to do. Average

Hoyte-5 Offered nothing going forward as he feared losing the ball. One thing i noticed was the whole match he only used his right foot, the most once or twice with his left.

Denilson-6 Decent. Did not offer enough in attacks.

Fabregas-6 Did not stamp down his authority and was never really settled in the game.

Diaby-7 worked hard but end product was little. Great little run for his "brilliant" goal of the season

Ljunberg-8 Did very well with his off the ball movement. He not useless afterall. Hardworking and always chased down balls. MOTM

Aliadiere-5.5 Did well with his darting runs into the opponent's half but had no end product. Should have put away one of his three great chances.

Baptista-5 Invisible the whole match and never imposed himself in the game. Nice assist for the goal of the season.

Subs:
Rosicky-6 Good return, nice runs into the box from the wings and shooting. Should have buried that chance at the end.

Flamini-5 headless chicken again. I would rather have had Baptista on. At least he won't attempt a through ball to Carew.

Senderos-NA

Arsenal-5 Poor the whole game. But we showed we can play dirty and ugly but still win. Still thinking back when we won wigan 1-0 with ade scoring at the last minute, how everyone said that was a lucky, ugly win. This is much much worse. It was the worst game i have seen Arsenal played in ages tbh

Invincible

Established Member
Can't believe no one has posted yet!!

Jens - 8
Gallas - 8
Gilberto - 5
Hoyte - 6
Djourou - 6
Denilson - 7
Fabregas - 7
Diaby - 7
Freddie - 9 MOTM
Aliadiere - 7
Baptista - 5

dublingunner

Established Member
Invincible said:
Can't believe no one has posted yet!!
Probably a reflection on how dull the game was.

Lehmann - 8
Djourou - 6
Gilberto - 5
Gallas - 6
Hoyte - 6
Ljungberg - 7.5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 6
Diaby - 7
Baptista - 4
Aliadiere - 5

stiiphunn

Established Member
Haha I'm gonna add mine:

Jens- 7
Djourou- 5
Gilberto- 5
Gallas- 6
Hoyte- 6
Ljunberg- 7.5
Denilson- 6.5
Cesc- 6
Diaby- 5.5
Baptista- 4
Ali- 5.5

Liked it when Tomas came on- created himself two goal chances.

M+D

Established Member
Why 5.5 for Diaby Stilphunn? O.K he wasn't at his best, but he was better than most.

Lehmann - 7.5
Djourou - 5.5
Gallas - 7
Gilberto - 5.5
Hoyte - 6
Freddie - 8
Denilson - 6.5
Cesc - 6.5
Diaby - 7
Baptista - 5
Ali - 5

stiiphunn

Established Member
I thought Diaby was quite poor yesterday to be honest- never released the ball at the right time and therefore lost it too many times. Plus his passes weren't accurate enough.

But he scored a good goal ;) !

ZanYGooneR

Lehmann - 7
Djourou - 6
Gallas - 7
Gilberto - 6
Hoyte - 6
Freddie - 8
Denilson - 6
Cesc - 6
Diaby - 7
Baptista - 5
Ali - 3

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom