• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Birmingham City vs Arsenal | 04/02/06

Legend#1

Established Member
Jens - 9 (In the way of EVERYTHING, world class save from Jarosik, only made a mess of 1 cross, also kept telling Heskey to shut up after he was moaning to the ref for the red card, so top stuff Mad Jens)

Flamini - 7 (A better RB than he is a DM :wink:, didn't get forward much but this was all about gridnign out a result, defended well, stayed on his feet, kept running, played well out of position, can't cross for **** though)

Djourou - 8 (I'll admit that I always used to think he was dodgy and nothing special, but he's been immense in this defensive crisis, won everything in the air, coped with that big lump Heskey very well, some good tackles and great interceptions, not phazed at all, he got turned once by DJ Campbell, but the much improved Gilberto made the save)

Senderos - 6.5 (Got better as the game went on, but looked nervy and sloppy at times again, the mis kick in the 1st half was very dodgy, but he stood up to that knob Sutton very well, took a boot in the chest for his troubles from that useless lump Emile aswell, I love the way he is alwyas barking orders and organising the defence, even when things aren't going well for himself)

Seba - 6 (I'm a big fan, but he really struggled against Pennant, but it's perfect understandable because he isn't LB, but he looked better as the game went on, some nice and neat play and passing)

Cesc - 7 (A good reutn by Cesc, he wasn't explosive by any means, but he gave us that stability in midfield, kept the ball well, got stuck in, good passing and a wonderful through ball to Thierry, steady yet effective)

Diaby - 9 MOM (Wow, what an impact this lads made, great surging runs, great energy, got stuck in, broke attacks up, attacked well, he was everywhere, energy levels looked much better too.. His positional sense will come in time, but at 19, this lad has made such a promising start, long may it continue)

Gilberto - 7 (He's got some criticism this season abd rightly so, he's been toilet most of the season, but yesterdays performance was more like the Gilberto of old, some great interceptions, most notably the 1 from DJ Campbell after he spun Djourou, broke things up in midfield well, his passing was better than the usual rubbish, looks so much more assured with Diaby next to him)

Reyes - 6.5 (Work rate was brilliant, really tried his best to hnelp out Seba, which interferred with his attacking ability, but he was running off the ball non stop, great through ball for Adebayor's chance, but he gives us that direct approach and we lack it when he isn't in the team)

Henry - 7 (Not everything came off for God, but he was instrumental for the 1st goal with a brilliant little flick for Diaby, he also got a superb goal for his 200th, his work rate was much better and looked good alongside Adebayor)

Adebayor - 8 (Great debut, gave us EXACTLY what we've been missing away from home, a direct approach up front, won a lot of headers, great hold up play, laid the ball off very effeciently, control was very good and he scored exactly the sort of goal that we bought him for, a scrappy HEADER, money will be well spent imo, I was very happy that we bought him because he's the sort of striker we need, he's young still, he can only progress under Wenger, great debut)

Football Ninja

Ade

Ade should get a 7.

An 8 is bl**dy good and he didnt deserve that.

He scored and did alright so 7. Although less said aboiut the second half and as for his hair.... :shock:

What did the papers give him?

Rohit

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
Seba - 6 (I'm a big fan, but he really struggled against Pennant, but it's perfect understandable because he isn't LB, but he looked better as the game went on, some nice and neat play and passing)

He has hardly featured,well not featured at all,have you seen much of him otherwise,as in reserves.

I like the look of him with respect to ball distribution,passing and vision.Can he be an useful squad player for us or do you see Wenger selling him,he ll be 21 in June and in need of first team football.Some input on him will be appreciated.

Cheers !!!

Legend#1

Established Member
Rohit said:
Legend#1 said:

He has hardly featured,well not featured at all,have you seen much of him otherwise,as in reserves.

I like the look of him with respect to ball distribution,passing and vision.Can he be an useful squad player for us or do you see Wenger selling him,he ll be 21 in June and in need of first team football.Some input on him will be appreciated.

Cheers !!!

Watch the reserves regularly..

He's a very tidy and efficient player, great passer, good vision, work rate is very good, he's not a lb though.

I don't think he's got a future though :(

Legend#1

Established Member
Re: Ade

Football Ninja said:
Ade should get a 7.

An 8 is bl**dy good and he didnt deserve that.

He scored and did alright so 7. Although less said aboiut the second half and as for his hair.... :shock:

What did the papers give him?

Ade gets exactly what I gave him..

There's no should's in opinions.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom