• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/09/08

thegame24

Established Member
Re: Blackburn vs Arsenal Player Ratings

I also think some of you still underestimate what fabregas does on the pitch, id give him an 8, he makes us tick.

True Gooner

Established Member

thegame24 said:
I also think some of you still underestimate what fabregas does on the pitch, id give him an 8, he makes us tick.

Well yes, but I measure Fabregas' by the standards hes set for himself not with respect to how his teammates have played.

qs

Established Member

In fairness to Fab Denilson did alot more today, he gave a Fabregas like performance, Ince ****ed up by trying to stop us by stopping Fab but it allowed Denilson more room to run things.

vanPersie

Almunia - 7, very comfortable with him in goal.

Sagna - 7, continues to do well.
Toure - 7.5, saved us with some excellent last-ditch stuff.
Gallas - 6, like Toure some good stuff, but as captain he should be doing more.
Clichy - 7, nice runs, picked up an injury unfortunately.

Eboue - 6.5, good tackle to set Adebayor off on a run (resulting in a slightly wayward shot by Walcott) and won a penalty, but absent for large periods.
Cesc - 7.5, great distribution and link-up play.
Denilson - 6, very poor defensively, though good going forward.
Walcott - 7.5, looked very lively and is obviously full of confidence. Set van Persie up for his goal brilliantly.

van Persie - 8, 'Arsenal'.
Adebayor - 8, not his best overall performance, but a hatrick nonetheless!

giuliob

I remember last season when Ade got his hat trick against Derby, I gave him a 7.5...All hell broke loose about the scoring system and how could anyone not give him a 9 or 10...Made for a good slug fest, the "automatic 10 for a hat trick" gang versus the "it was Derby and one was a penalty" gang! What a difference a season makes...

arsmile

Established Member

almunia-7.5- one great save, otherwise good- the most authorative display i've seen from him and dealt with crosses very well

sagna-7- good

toure-7- good

gallas-7- good

clichy-7- good

eboue-7- started a good coutner attack, won a penalty- looks a different player to last season

cesc-7- wasnt individually outstanding but does hold the whole team together when he plays

denilson-7.5- the assist and otherwise good

walcott-8- good assist, always dangerous- a little too shot-happy if i'm ultra-critical but was a massive danger

vanpersie-8- good goal, good all round play

adebayor-9- hatrick!- couldnt want much more

song-6
wilshere-6-great to see him get his debut
ramsey-7- good assist

all-round brilliant performance, showed off also a fair bit of squad depth, and effective fluid attacking play- and relatively stable defending

banduan

Established Member

mags I still believe a hat-trick does not necessarily a great match make. However, Ade was decent in this match so the goals give him a good rating. Rated him higher vs newcastle tho I think.

Dez

'Fluid' in attack was what wenger said and I have to agree - despite not having our two wide play makers.

Ade took his goals well but his offsides are infuriating at times - but I can't complain because a year or two ago all we said was 'its a shame he can't finish'.

Eboue played very well as did Denilson and Almunia.

RVP and Walcott both looked lively.

I don't think its a coincidence that we looked far more defencively strong once Song come on.

Cesc, Clichy, Sagna, Gallas and Toure had solid but unspectacular games - you can only judge them off their own potential.

Ramsey grabbed an assist and Wilshere seemed to slot in with ease.

Anzac

Established Member

banduan said:
mags I still believe a hat-trick does not necessarily a great match make. However, Ade was decent in this match so the goals give him a good rating. Rated him higher vs newcastle tho I think.

Agreed that he was better v NUFC - I couldn't rate him any higher than 7 - 8 today & only based upon the hat-trick. For mind his general play v NUFC was better.

Anzac

Established Member

I wouldn't rate our defensive performance any better than a 5 overall - despite the clean sheet IMO we were shyte & it was the fact that Rovers can't defend & we scored early that allowed us to cruise thru' this game.

I thought Eboue was poor on the right - gave no width, and Walcott was good on the left as he offered better width / shape before making the runs in field.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

So you guys marked him down because he was getting on the end of play instead of initiating it?

Anyways, we somehow didn't conceed and I especially liked the look of all our attacking players today. High score, clean sheet, everyone gets an 8 from me.

Anzac

Established Member

psycho said:
So you guys marked him down because he was getting on the end of play instead of initiating it?

Anyways, we somehow didn't conceed and I especially liked the look of all our attacking players today. High score, clean sheet, everyone gets an 8 from me.

It's days like today that IMO Ade needs the hat-trick to do anything better than breaking even. Basically he didn't contribute to our general play like he did v NUFC - all he did was score those goals and disrupt much of our attacking moves by being constantly off side. Good on him for converting his legit opportunities, but if he hadn't he'd have got a 4 - 5 from me at best.

kel varnsen

Established Member

Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Touré - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 5
Eboue - 5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 5
Walcott - 5
Adebayor -7
RvP - 6

thought walcott was average. some good touches, some poor ones. decent going forward; defensively poor.

thegame24

Established Member

kel im sorry but those ratings are way to harsh.

I knw yoyu aint hoppy with squad but we were very good in atttack today, yes we were shady in defenc but overall good performanc.

thegame24

Established Member

Ade deserves an 8 at least ffs, a hatrick away to blasckburn, ive been a doom monger but give credit when the team deserves it, ill always love the players before i criticise and today they were all good bar the dodgy defensive performance which i thought was part of the counter game to get blackburn out their shell.

Dez

Some of you seem actually upset that we won away to Blackburn by four goals.

DC Gunner

Established Member

qs said:
Anyone who gave Fab more than Denilson clearly doesn't base their scores on the actual game.
Exactly, I was about to make the same comment.

Almunia - 7

Sagna - 7.5 Very Solid, bailed Toure out in more than one occasion [more than people are willing to admit]
Touré - 5.5
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 6.5 Gave Emerton too much space in the first half, but was much much better in the second half

Eboue - 6.5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 7.5
Walcott - 7

Adebayor - 8 [would be 9 if he did not get those numerous offsides]

RvP - 7.5

Song 7 he needs to be more confident when passing though

Anzac

Established Member

USArsenal said:
Anzac said:
all he did was score those goal

this makes me laugh... "all" he did was score 3 goals..

well it's not as if he had f*ck all to do = 2 straight forward opportunities and a penalty conversion - any half decent striker who was playing the lone front man should be capable of doing so. :roll:

Dez

He has to put himself in the position to score those goals Anzac. And the first goal was very well taken anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom