• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Blackburn Rovers vs Arsenal | 13/09/08

Anzac

Established Member
Re: Blackburn vs Arsenal Player Ratings

Dez said:
He has to put himself in the position to score those goals Anzac. And the first goal was very well taken anyway.

As discussed in his player thread it's about playing the odds in the percentage play = goal hang long enough & with our midfield supply you're bound to get plenty of opportunities.

It's basic but it works for him with his physical attributes. I just don't see anything to get too excited about or give anything higher than a 7 - 8 for the performance, considering he blew more chances being off side than he scored. Considering it is his basic game style / plan you could say that he's not that good at executing it, and only the volume of supply actually makes it work for him.

ricky1985

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Touré - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 5
Eboue - 5
Fabregas - 6
Denilson - 5
Walcott - 5
Adebayor -7
RvP - 6

thought walcott was average. some good touches, some poor ones. decent going forward; defensively poor.

Do young children annoy you? Do you feel happy ending films are 'unrealistic'? Do you prefer winter to summer? Do you hate 'happy' people?

If the answers to these questions are yes, then you have Varnsen's disease.

Kel, you're a miserable bastard. :)

vin de guerre

I dont normally do these ratings but thought I would try. please feel feel to correct me if I am wrong!

almunia-4- Good
sagna-4- good

Touré-4- good

gallas-4- good

clichy-4- good

eboue-5- looks a different player to last season

cesc-4- wasnt individually outstanding

denilson-5- getting better all the time

walcott-4- good assist, always dangerous-

vanpersie-5- good goal, good all round play

adebayor-5.5- hatrick!-

song-4
wilshere-N/A
ramsey-N/A

vin de guerre

Just a small point of clarification: The team is only as good as the opposition allows them to be. Yesterday Blackburn Rovers were less than pathetic and had as much chance of scoring than the man in the moon! So dont make us into world beaters yet!

AliBabaBrewer

Almunia - 7
Couple of good saves, proving himself solid. 5 clean sheets out of 6 games. And I heard that he wasn't fit to shine Lehmann's shoes?

Sagna - 7
Also solid, but doesn't seem to be playing as much of a prominant role as last season

Toure - 6
Little shaky but also made a decent run or two, and a good defensive header after he cocked up

Gallas - 6
Didn't seem to see much of him

Clichy - 7
Dodgy at first, but made his customary good runs later in the game

Eboue - 7
Not awful! Starting to get better in the midfield role, at last. Although the stretcher he needed after winning that penalty was a little suspect

Denilson - 8
Also starting to get better after poor start-of-season displays. Good cross and some good passing

Fabregas - 7
Clearly having him in the team makes us work, but he didn't seem to stamp his authority on the game for me.

Walcott - 7
Good opening run for the assist, although just realised for once we have a great problem in who to play when all are fit. Nasri, Eboue, Walcott and Rosicky all play on the wings for us right now. Who's to be dropped?

Van Persie - 8
Dodgy free kick but good goal. 3 in 4 League games. Old Perse is back!

Adebayor - 9
Offside regularly, but did his job and put the ball in the goal 3 times.

Song - 7
Tidy

Ramsey - 7
Good assist

Wilshere - 6
Didn't see him do much

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

vin de guerre said:
I dont normally do these ratings but thought I would try. please feel feel to correct me if I am wrong!

almunia-4- Good
sagna-4- good

Touré-4- good

gallas-4- good

clichy-4- good

adebayor-5.5- hatrick!-

song-4
wilshere-N/A
ramsey-N/A
ok, some people i just dont get... from a 1-10 scale, the highest someone on our team gets is a 5.5 (which is the slightest bit over average) after beating Blackburn at Ewood (something we have struggled to do) 4-0 and scoring a hat trick...

the comments especially puzzle me.. "good" represents a 4, which is below average...

vin de guerre

USArsenal said:
vin de guerre said:

almunia-4- Good
sagna-4- good

Touré-4- good

gallas-4- good

clichy-4- good

adebayor-5.5- hatrick!-

song-4
wilshere-N/A
ramsey-N/A
ok, some people i just dont get... from a 1-10 scale, the highest someone on our team gets is a 5.5 (which is the slightest bit over average) after beating Blackburn at Ewood (something we have struggled to do) 4-0 and scoring a hat trick...

the comments especially puzzle me.. "good" represents a 4, which is below average...

This is the start of the season and we did NOT beat world beaters. Let me have the privelage to be able to give the boys higher scores when they trully deserve it and when we reach the money time!

j'nuh

I wish i could be as controversial as Kel! He's so cool!

On a serious level though, stop acting like a 10 year old. If you want attention that much run outside naked or something. No-one cares if Walcott cant play football in your alternate reality.

ricky1985

Established Member

My Ratings;

Almunia - 7. Apart form that crazy run out of his box, was very solid. One really good save.

Sagna - 7. Wasn't bad, but has not really got going this season yet. Looked a bit jaded to me after his international exertions.

Clichy - 7. Same as Sagna really. Although he was very good against Newcastle.

Toure - 7. Played decent, but made the same old mistakes. Santa Cruz found space between Toure ans Sagna too many times.

Gallas - 7. He made some good tackles, but he, like Toure, just kept making the same old mistakes.

Eboue - 7. Played well. Intelligent passing and made some good tackles. Won a penalty for us as well.

Walcott - 8. Excited me everytime he got the ball. The first time he got the ball, after 8 minutes, and bang, sets up Van Persie, with an awesome run. Made it look so easy.

Fabregas - 7. So-so from Cesc. He played well, but not his usual self...yet.

Denilson - 8. Ran the game, and the cross for Adebayor's first was majestic. This is the player I thought he'd be.

Van Persie - 8. Briliant. Intelligent movement, passing and link play.

Adebayor - 8. Frustrating when he gets caught offside, but an easy-peasy hatrick. Best striker in the league.

Subs
Song provided good solidity in the space in front of the back four, Wilshere didnt get a chance to influence proceedings, but great to see him make his debut, Ramsey looked very bright when he came on, great through ball.

law

I just love the fact that many of the same people who maintain that if you put in a good performance but don't win the good performance was irrelevant are the ones now saying that a great result is largely irrelevant because they feel it was a bad performance.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

vin de guerre said:
This is the start of the season and we did NOT beat world beaters. Let me have the privelage to be able to give the boys higher scores when they trully deserve it and when we reach the money time!
who cares if it is the start of the season? you have to judge the team on how they played THIS game.. surely a 4-0 away win @ BB warrants some better ratings than mostly 4's and a couple 5's.. i know that we didnt play the best game of our lives, but 4-0 to me equals "better than average".. especially when you put "good" and the like next to several players (along with a "below average rating" of 4)

you can do what you want with ratings, thats the beauty of the internet.. i just think 4's (below average) for a game we won away 4-0 is ridiculous.. you have your "reasons" that i simply disagree with.. start of season or not, a 4-0 win away is a 4-0 win away...

True Gooner

Established Member

I think vin de guerres ratings were tounge in cheek.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

:lol: Oh dear lord, these ratings threads are a riot. They are like some kind of unwelcome snapshot into the soul. Is it so hard to give credit to our performance? To perhaps acknowledge that we made Blackburn look bad? I guess so. It seems that for some it would have been so much simpler if we lost or drew, so that their preconceived notions of our team would be confirmed and a big "I told you so" could be shouted from the desktops. Don't worry you'll no doubt have a chance to pull out your 1s, 2s, 3s, and negatives. Oh happy days.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

True Gooner said:
I think vin de guerres ratings were tounge in cheek.
ehh, not so sure about that... and if so, he seems to be defending them a bit much, no?

i hope they weren't tongue in cheek since these ratings threads are supposed to be for real ratings... i mean, even arsenalfc0719 (IMO, one of the most negative people here these days, no offence 0719) gave players 6's and 7's other than our CB's...

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

AnthonyG said:
:lol: Oh dear lord, these ratings threads are a riot. They are like some kind of unwelcome snapshot into the soul. Is it so hard to give credit to our performance? To perhaps acknowledge that we made Blackburn look bad? I guess so. It seems that for some it would have been so much simpler if we lost or drew, so that their preconceived notions of our team would be confirmed and a big "I told you so" could be shouted from the desktops. Don't worry you'll no doubt have a chance to pull out your 1s, 2s, 3s, and negatives. Oh happy days.
I noticed..the ratings are a little odd.
Perhaps people think if it was still Mark Hughes in charge instead of Ince, we wouldn't have won the way we did?
Or maybe people thought Blackburn were piss poor? I didn't think they were and I am a firm believer of the "you can only beat whats in front of you" cliche.
What if people's extremely low expectations for this season may have altered peoples perceptions of this team?
I do know one thing though, I have never seen so many "7" ratings for a striker who has scored a hatrick against premiership opposition before.

TomasCR

Established Member

Almunia - 7.5 clean sheet. Especially that save in the second half was great.

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 6
Toure - 6
Clichy 6.5 Far from his best.

Didn´t like the play of our defence at all. The result 4:0 looks good on the paper but in reality, we were very lucky we didn´t concede any goal in the first half.

Eboue - 6.5 Won a penalty (If it was a penalty). Glad that Eboue from last year is gone.
Fabregas - 7
Denilson - 7.5 Good to see him playing better than at the beginning of the season
Walcott - 7.5 Hey, where is the nervousness and fuzzy knees? Good play.

RvP - 7 good goal
Adebayor - 8.5 the celebrations were horrible though. I like when someone plays on the verge of offside line but he should do that better, it´s embarrassing how many offisdes he had, lazy bastard.

Wilshere - N/A
Song - N/A
Ramsey - wasn´t on the pich too long to get a number but impressed me.

jay-d

Established Member

j'nuh said:
I wish i could be as controversial as Kel! He's so cool!

On a serious level though, stop acting like a 10 year old. If you want attention that much run outside naked or something. No-one cares if Walcott cant play football in your alternate reality.
:lol: :lol: He's annoying Isn't he?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

psycho said:
What if people's extremely low expectations for this season may have altered peoples perceptions of this team?

I do know one thing though, I have never seen so many "7" ratings for a striker who has scored a hatrick against premiership opposition before.
if expectations were so low, wouldnt a 4-0 win make their ratings 8's and 9's?

as for 7 for Ade, i wouldnt give him higher than an 8, but some (no names mentioned) are giving him our highest rating for the team at 5.5... :shock:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Limited view from the stand. Haven't watched the game recap.

Almunia - 7
Sagna - 6
Kolo - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 7
Eboue - 7 - Didn't provide width on the right in the first half. Instead of doing overlapping run with Sagna, Eboue chose running stright line. But he looked very lively in the second half. Good that he set up Ade's penalty square and fair (looked like it).
Denilson - 6 - Didn't have a good first half. Defensively, looked struggling in holding his position. However, he's intelligent in attacking and moving forward, isn't he? Second half he looked better. Maybe it's Rovers had subdued because of 2-0 down or perhaps Kolo and Gallas pushed up further to close that pocket behind Denilson. I don't know.
Fabregas - 6 - an O.K. performance. Something on his mind? Interesting to see how he chipped the ball to Ade.
Theo - 7 - looked dangerous and full of confidence
RvP - 7 - did his job as a striker
Ade - 8 - as many times as he ran offside and as shamled as Rover's CBs were, Ade still scored a hattrick. So, I gave him a 8.

Sub:
Ramsey - 7 - linked up the team's play with some nice movements and passes.
Song - 7 - put in a strong display in helping Denilson
Wilshere - 5 or N/A

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom