• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | 14/02/06

polaris sc

lehmann - 9. MOM
what a game he had.

eboue - 4
doesnt seem up to it at this level, but did ok.

toure - 6
solid.

senderos - 3
how can he call himself a defender

flamini - 4
did well considing

ljungberg - 1
offer nothing.
gilberto minus-5
whats the point of being a footballer is you cannot pass the ball
cesc - 4
he did ok, but looks like a bot in a mans game.

pires - 0
didnt even know he playing.where was he?

henry - 2.
some ****ing captain, its all a joke isnt henry.

adebayor - 5
he did well tried the whole night which is alot more than you can say about the rest of the team.

manalicream

Lehmann - 9 An absolute legend. Should be wearing the armband

Flamini - 7. Played with the spirit that this team needs to play with. He may not be the best player, but he gives 100%

Senderos - 6. A bit shaky, but nothing too catastrophic

Toure - 6. Solid, but nothing spectacular

Eboue 6.5 - Bright at times. Great going forward and some good tackles, but sometimes complacent.

Pires 2 - Nowhere on the pitch. THis dude needs a reality check at the moment. We are Arsenal, play like an Arsenal player

Gilberto 5 - By no means awful, but he rarely does anything captivating. Gave the ball awy countless times

Fabregas 6.5 - Not a great game, but plays with the spirit that few still seem to have at Arsenal. I love the guy.

Ljunberg 4 - Very poor. For someone that used to live and breathe the arsenal spirit it is a great concern. Needs a reality check

Adebeyor. 7 - Showed glimpses of class that amounted to nothing. Can offer a great deal to our game. Should have scored, as the linesman was wrong

Henry - 1. Forgive me for being harsh. I love Henry. He is Mr Arsenal, he is a legend, but a captain he aint. I am fed up of him sulking, blaming the team for mistakes etc. Should have been substituted as a statement. Did nothing to gear up the players and offered little in his own play. Wenger, I know you want to keep him, but showering him with the biggest gift (making him captain) suggests you think u need to show he is bigger than Arsenal. He isnt...

Captain

Established Member
Lehman- 10
Eboue- 6
Toure-9
Senderos- 3
Flamini- 6
Lungberg- 0
Gilberto- 6
Cesc- 5
Pires- 2
Adebayor- 7
Henry- 3

Pathetic performance- we made boring Liverpool look like Brazil.

Put Freddie out of ours and his misery.

Gooner83

Lehmann - 9. MOM
Fabulous!!!!

Eboue - 5
Not bad, but error prone

Toure - 7
Showed his experience and looked Solid.

Senderos - 5
I've seen worse from him, he was ok but his main mistakes lead to things unfortunately.

Flamini - 6
Ok, Considering!

Ljungberg - 4
Where was his usual drive?

gilberto - 7
His passing was better than it has been and he was up looking for a late goal at the end... decent game!

Cesc - 6
Plenty of drive, but i preferred him on the wing instead of Ljungberg.

Pires - 5
Not really given the chance to be in the game, not alot of support.

Henry - 1
Pathetic for to be a Captain, no workrate whatsoever... really painful to watch the ball just bounce off someone as good as him.

Adebayor - 7
Excellent, if only he had a decent partner... some beautiful touches and his workrate was top marks for a forward, He does have lil weaknesses but we never played to his strengths in the air.

Hleb - 5
Ineffectull

Smartly Dressed Morris

vin de guerre said:
some of you really love to bash Gilberto. he did not have a bad game. He actually executed a couple of long range passes.

He actually did a couple of passes did he ? Good to see he is earning his salary........

Viper

Established Member
Jens 9 - World class performance
Eboue 7
Kolo 7 - Solid
Senderos 4 - Clamity James, or Pascal Cygan MK II.
Flamini 6
Freddie 2 - for effort
Cesc 6
Gilberto 1 - Abysmal
Pires -99 - ****ing awful. To all of you who WANTED Pires to play, this is what you get! ****ing arrogant, smug, lazy bastard he is. Was he even on the pitch?
Adebayor 6
Henry -5 - Give the armband to Cole/Toure FFS. Some captain he is.

Wenger - below sea level

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann 10 - Brilliant. Did not deserve to lose.

Flamini 6 - Tried hard and that is all you can ask from a midfielder playing right back.

Senderos - 5 Hot and cold.

Toure - 6 So glad he is back, solid.

Eboue - 5.5 Decent.

Ljungberg 3.5 - Tackled hard and even won a header against Hyppia. Pathetic shot at the start though and doesn't look like every scoring again to be frank.

Fabregas - 6 Good game. Neat passing and nice touches.

Gilberto - 4 Gave the ball away time and time again. FFS.

Pires - 3 Was he there?

Henry - 1 Sorry but bloody shocking. Starved of service maybe but when he got the damn ball he did jack ****.

Adebayor - 5.5 I think he linked player quite well and it was a decent match from him. At least the effort was there something that cannot be said for his strike partner.

Dougan17

sabret00the said:
lehmann - 7: Game of his life

eboue - 6: played well in posession, but impact faded as game went on.

toure - 6: quiet game

senderos - 5: bad game

flamini - 5: impact-less

ljungberg - 0: was terrible, worked hard but everytime he was on the ball he created more problems for us.

gilberto - 0: he was f****g anonymous

cesc - 8: the dogs bollocks for us today, won balls, won tackles, won headers and sprayed balls

pires - 0: i hoped and hoped but he never switched on

henry - 0: f****g anonymous

adebayor - 5: worked hard but he couldn't make an impact.

=====

Wenger - 0: f****g attrocious and embarrassing, needs to look at himself and ask questions.

yeah cesc sprayed balls right to the feet of livrrpool players. Couldn't dig the ball out all game long, lost his mark on almost a dozen corners, couldn't keep the ball on the floor and then puts a weak, WEAK header on a ball already cleared from the box which falls right to hamann to lead to the goal. poor, POOR performance from cesc. He's 18, he's young, he'll learn but he can't put in performances like that in games like this.

eboue - 6: made good runs that noone picked out, dribbled sometimes when he shouldn't have, didn't pass too well but did well enough.

toure - 7: had a quiet game but didn't make any huge mistakes so he did well coming back.

senderos - 7: made few mistakes, was keeping flamini's head in the game all game long. He was shouting at his teammates and helping them get their marks straight. Unfair penalty decision made him look worse.

flamini - 4: awful, AWFUL going forward, did well enough at the back but was caught sleeping on the goal.

ljungberg - 0: terrible, should've scored that last shot and at least given us a reason to say we earned a draw.

gilberto - 0: terrible, terrible game. Didn't dig the ball out a single time, couldn't hold possession, lost the ball in our end in the center more times than I'm willing to count. Terrible game.

cesc - 2: I'm being GENEROUS because he did have the right idea by putting a few balls in but he gets soooo many free passes on his performances because he plays well normally. He runs around like a dog and works hard but doesn't do a goddamn thing with it. Didn't find Henry or Adebayor free when they were making runs, didn't make any accurate square balls or pick out any runs on the wings. Didn't help out defensively or offensively, just a bad, bad game from the young'un.

pires - 0: I was wondering if he'd stepped off for treatment for the first 20 minutes of the second half because I didn't see him at all I saw more interplay between Henry and Flamini than Pires and anybody.

henry - 2: Did nothing all game. Didn't look world class by any means. He wasn't making the runs to get the ball. He gets two points higher than he normally would've gotten because the midfield gave him no help but he should've at least gotten a couple shots on goal. He did what he could with the service he got but he needs to seek out service a hell of a lot more. Him and adebayor were not on the same page at all, they were always looking for a different ball than the other one gave.

adebayor - 4: worked hard, did what he could do with what he got but, like Henry, could've sought out better runs. Wasn't finding anybody when he had the ball he just looked to have a shot or he lost the ball. Just not a good game but not a particurly terrible game.

lehmann: 9 - 20 corners, almost 30 attempts on goal and he gives up one goal because Flamini is ballwatching and Cesc is giving up teed up balls for players like Hamann to fire rockets in. AND he saves a penalty, absolute legend tonight. Only person on who deserved a draw.

wenger: 2 - couldn't inspire anyone, took pires off WAY too late. He refuses to substitute anyone before 70 minutes. Not that hleb did anything good after he came on. He looked completely insecure from the bench which I'm sure doesn't help the boys confidence. This is a game we should've been in with the players we had.

If those are the performances people are going to put in freddie, pires and gilberto need to go because that's shameful.

There are more than a few players in this club who need to check their goddamn heads before they start demanding extra years on their contracts and a few extra bucks a week because those performances just don't cut it.

kamikaze80

Established Member
lehmann: 9 our motm

eboue: 6 hes got some tricks but his crisp crosses were always gonna be wasted with henry opposite him. didnt get a chance to get forward cos our midfield rarely retained possession long enough to allow him to do so. kewell caused a lot problems on his side.

toure: 7 solid throughout

senderos: 3 abused on crosses all day, terrible distribution, i hope he goes to buy a lottery ticket cos he must be the luckiest man alive not to be responsible for a goal today

flamini: 5 did as well as you could expect but hes useless on the ball

gilberto: 4 made some tackles but his passing is atrocious, i dont care what the stats say, the numbers are padded by his backpasses

fabregas: 5 efficient passing as usual but outmuscled and hurried off the ball by 'pool, was never a threat at any point in the match.

ljungberg: 4 didnt link up with anyone, did well to create one chance for himself but flubbed the finish. missed another finish that was borderline offside. he really needs to score, its getting a bit ridiculous now. at least he still has some athleticism, unlike...

pires: 2 for putting ade thru on goal, altho that pass was so obvious, any decent midfielder could have made it. i'm sick of his bow-legged mediocrity, i'm not sure how you can play someone who cant run.

adebayor: 7 great energy, great link up play, tho he made a terrible decision going for that shot from long-distance when he had eboue streaking down the right.

henry: 3 not involved, made no runs, did he even break a sweat? he doesnt help the midfield situation by not stretching the defence

zerofeel

Lehman(9)-Becoming very influential to Arsenal.My vote for captaincy or vice-captain if Henry vamos next season

Eboue(6)-Did ok but looked jaded towards the end.

Toure-(9)-My captain marvel for Arsenal.Never say die attitude was a positive point

Senderos-(4)-Doesnt have what it takes to make the grade in the premiership

Flamini-(7)-Another "Lauren".An unsung hero who plays with heart and soul for the pride of Arsenal

Lungberg-(5)-for flashes of his run-in when adebayor sliced a killer pass in the box.Has lost his place in the team.A mere squad player for the future.

Gilberto-(4)-looked anonymous in the centre of the field,cant believe he is a regular.

Cesc-(6)-Tried so hard to rally the team,but he was up against sisoko and alonso

Pires-(3)-appeared lost,uninventive and uncommited

Adebayor-(7)-unselfish play,tried his hardest to fight

Henry-(1)-worst performance by the captain.A ghost shadowing the wind.

Graham Poll-(4)inconsistent decisions that has ravaged the league all these years.At times referees in this EPL can make or break a teams fortune.A work in progress for the EPL referees

Wenger-(5)-His constant tinkering is reminiscent of Ranieri trying to find a winning formula that normaly fails.His fear of upsetting star players to be dropped is becoming embarassing.Should try the FUNGUS "HAIRDRYER"treatment sometimes gaff!

A

Anonymous

Lehmann and the Africans were good.

Pires, Freddie, Gilberto and even Henry were poor.

But Hleb lost us the game.

Dj_F_swift_the_gooner

Lehmann 9.5 Mom and only player worthy of the Arsenal shirt at the momment!
Eboue 6.5 Played ok!
Kolo 8.5 Looked solid!
Flamini 6.5 strong but made mistakes
Pires 2.1 went missing alot!
Fabregas 2.5 not physical enough
Gilberto 3.0 looked abit lost
Ljungberg 2.0 didnt really do alot!
Adeboyor 6.0 for working hard!
Henry 1.2 Never seen a Henry like it!
Hleb 6.9 Looked lively

AFCFan4Ever

WTF are you talking about...it was NOT a corner, did you even see it??? It came off an interception (from a weak clearance by Cesc nontheless), Hamman took a shot, and Garcia was left wide open at the back post because the LB was busy standing in the middle of the box gawking at the shot and not paying attention. Flamini wasn't marking anyone, Hleb released Garcia because he though Flamini would be there...which he wasn't.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom